Sequel: Chemical Records
Status: On a short hiatus due to band requirements, until approx 13th July!

London's Calling

Coffee Guy

I had managed to get about two more lines down in my notebook of the still un-named song, before looking up and noticing I was a stop away from my station. I also took notice that the man from earlier was also getting his stuff together to leave the train.
As the train pulled into the station, we both stood, leaving the carriage as soon as the doors were opened. We were walking along the platform to the escalators at pretty much the same pace, almost alongside each other. When we reached the exit of the train station, he turned the same way as me. I felt eyes on me, and as I looked around, I saw him looking at me, waving slightly, as if to get my attention. I acknowledged this with a small smile, as I noticed his headphones were now hanging down around his neck. He smiled and extended a hand.
"Hey coffee guy, I'm Gerard."
"Frank," I was still smiling as I took his hand and shook it.
"Nice to meet you, so you go this way?" Gerard asked. Gerard. Gerard. Nice to put an amazing name to a beautiful face.
"You too, and thanks again for the tissues yesterday," I chuckled, "Yep, I live around here, what about you?"
"Nope, I'm another stop along on the tube, I'm just visiting my brother to see how he's settling in, he just started university."
"Ah, so he'll be in the student houses just down here then?"
"Yep," He smiled.
"When did you move here then? Your accent is still really strong, nice to meet another person from New Jersey though."
"About a month ago, I came to make sure my brother didn't get into any trouble whilst studying, he transferred for his last year," He laughed, "You sound like you've been here a long time though, when did you move here?"
"About seven years ago, moved here to study actually," I hadn't stopped smiling since we had started talking. I looked around and noticed we had arrived at the student housing.
"Hey, we're here. Uhmm, can I like, have your number or whatever?" Gerard's voice brought me back to Earth from my daydreaming, " I mean, not for like dates or anything, I mean uhm... You're a pretty cool guy, I'd like to hang out with you," He managed to stutter out his sentence, to which I smiled.
'Could this guy be any more beautiful?' I thought to myself, seeing him run his free hand through his hair, which had fallen into his face.
"Sure," I stated with a smile, pulling my phone from my pocket. After we had exchanged numbers, we said our good-byes, and I headed for my house, whilst Gerard went towards one of the doors of the many four floored student houses.

As I got home I slung the bag with the crisps and cider in onto the table in my kitchen. I only noticed that I was still smiling to myself as I walked past the mirror on the wall in hallway. I now had the number of the most beautiful man I had ever had the pleasure of meeting, and he had asked for mine first! No work needed on my part! I ran upstairs, and grabbed the new film I had to watch before returning downstairs. I grabbed a cider and the packet of crisps before entering the living room. I had gotten the dvd in and settled down on my sofa, when my phone buzzed. Expecting Ray confirming plans for Saturday I opened the message without looking at the sender first. I was shocked when I looked down to see that it wasn't Ray, but Gerard.

Sender: Gerard
I forgot how disgusting student housing was! How did we live like that? :P x


I smiled like an idiot to myself after reading the text; he had even put a kiss! How cute is that?!

Reply to: Gerard
I know! I have some friends still living in the student places, and when I've visited them it's a huge mess! Although my own place isn't much better sometimes, haha :P x


I sent the reply still grinning. I pressed play on the dvd remote and leant back into the sofa, opening up the can of cider I had in my hand. Around twenty minutes into the film I received another text.

Sender: Gerard
I bet it's not as bad as where I just was! :P (P.s sorry the reply took so long! I was on the tube) x

Reply to: Gerard
I'm pretty sure it can get that way sometimes :P No problem haha x


It was almost instantly that I got a reply.

Sender: Gerard
Shit man, haha. If ever come to your house you better clean up :P Are you getting the tube at around 9 tomorrow by the way? x

Reply to: Gerard
Nah, I got the day off, my boss is on holiday, so I wouldn't have anything to do at work :P x

Sender: Gerard
Damn, haha. Wanna hang out on Sunday? x

Reply to: Gerard
Sure, sounds good, doing what? x

Sender: Gerard
I dunno, we could go out to the park? Make the most of the rest of the nice weather? It would have to be past twelve though, I’m out for drinks round someones house on Saturday, x

Reply to: Gerard
That sounds pretty cool actually, I haven’t just relaxed in a park for a long time… Me too, so the afternoon is fine, 1ish? Hyde Park Corner entrance? I can bring my skateboard then! x

Sender: Gerard
Brilliant, I’ll see you then Anyway, I’m going to get into bed, because I’m up for work in the morning, haha x

Reply to: Gerard
Okay See you then! x


I looked at the time on my phone, and it showed I had missed over half the film from texting Gerard. Well, I can watch it another night I guess… I pressed the power button on the dvd remote, switching the dvd player off. I started flicking through the channels on the tv, thinking about the texts, and meeting up with Gerard. Thinking about him, even though I’d only known him for the shortest time, made me smile, like a child on Christmas Day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah sorry, a day late...
Going to post the next chapter Saturday, then hopefully every week on a Saturday you will get an update :) (Already started chapter six, yay!)
Anyway, I hope you enjoy, please let me know how you think it's going and if you have any ideas for further on I'd like to hear them!
X.S
xox