‹ Prequel: Love and Hate
Status: In Development

Poisonous Kiss

What changed?

I couldn't sleep last night. Instead I sat on my bed sipping wine. Knowing he was just down the hall. That kiss... it didn't mean anything right? It was just a kiss. I hadn't had anyone over in a while, and he probably hasn't either. I just needed to get that out of my system. He probably need to, too. That is why I went for it. Isn't it?

I heard his door close and looked out the window. The sun was just over the horizon. I saw him running outside to a cab. He glanced back at my window. I stood there holding wine, looking right at him. He probably didn't see me. He climbed into the cab and left.

He left. Without saying goodbye. I felt an ache in my chest. Why does this effect me so? He's always been like this. I've always been like this. Why am I hurt by him turning and leaving without so much as a bye all of a sudden? What changed?

I slumped in a nearby chair and grabbed the wine bottle off of the table. I didn't pour it in my glass. I drank it whole right out of the bottle. I didn't know what to do. I stood up and walked down stairs. I wasn't too far off of my rocker. When I got to the kitchen, I sat at the island and ate a muffin. There was a cup of warm tea sitting across on the other side.

He must've made it before he left. I picked it up and saw that it was more than half full. I sipped it calmly. "Why let good tea go to waste?" He would say when I would ditch the cup for a wine bottle. It smelt like him, the tea. I closed my eyes while I sipped it, and I was back to the kiss. Holding him close. My heart was thumping hard and fast. My face was burning. I opened my eyes and teared up knowing that it couldn't last. What changed?

I finished his cup of tea and put it in the sink. I could faintly taste his lips. I fell to my knees. Wishing he was here with me still. What changed? Why is this happening? What's going on? What does the future hold for me?

I picked myself up, grabbed my wine bottle, and stalked up to the guest room where England had slept just the night before. The bed was made and smelled like it was just washed. The only thing that looked used was the chair. The cushions had been thrown across the room and tissues littered the chair and the table.

What happened? I cleaned up the tissues and fixed the chair up. I sighed. I sniffed one of the pillows. It smelled like him. I took the pillow and flopped onto the bed. I held the pillow close. Why is this happening? Why am I feeling the way I do? What's changed?

I'm going crazy. I need him. I need his touch. His lips. I need him to scream my name. I joltted up. Why am I thinking such things?! Screaming my name?! What's wrong with me?! What's changed? Why do I need to feel his bare skin and feel those soft lips? Why do I want him so much? What's changed?

I sat up and left the pillow on the guest bed as I walked down to the kitched again. What's changed? Why am I aching? What is this... this urge to chase him down? Do I really need someone that bad? I made some more tea and some crossants. Sitting at the island, I sipped my tea. Bitter. That's how I felt.

Bitter.

What's changed?