Status: Slow

I Breathe You In

1

I struggle with my life lately. It's always been a struggle, but it gets so much worse on the weekends. You would think that my life would be relaxing, being the lead singer of one of the latest bands on the music scene, it doesn't seem like it would be hard work. Yet keeping secrets from your best friends/ band mates, it's the impossible task. Nothing stays private on tour.

As I walk through the empty field in the center of Virginia, our latest stop off point, this tour was taking us everywhere but everyone needs that time to get away right? But my reason is so much bigger then the others. Except my brother of course but that's a different story. Him and my Dad are the only ones that understand how I feel.

I lay on the grass and closed my eyes, the familiar tingle rippled through my body once more. My human form melted away and in it's place the other half of my stood. The true Jekyll and Hyde. Where my short, brunette self had lay only moments ago, in my place lay my other half, a small, black panther. I stretched out my joints and let out a small noise along with a yawn.

Soon all I felt was my large, black paws take the weight of my body as I rose to my feet. I stretched out my padded feet and clawed at the ground a little before sleeking away into the dark area of this deserted wasteland.

When I saw movement between the branches of a tree and hissed at whatever the mystery creature was. I let out a low growl and stood face to face with another being like myself. Only, this one was a long legged horse.

I felt the corners of my snarling mouth twitch into a smile as I leapt at the creature before me. I swiftly laded on his back and wrapped my paws around his neck, no claws to the skin at all. I balanced precariously on the horses back as he flailed desperately, I growled and felt myself fly to the ground, I rolled across the floor and noticed the shadow of the horse looming above me.

The horse was watching me try to wriggle out through his legs, I quickly shifted back to my human form. At least I have some form of control.

That's the problem with shape shifting. It'd be pretty cool if I didn't have to deal with the stress and pressure on my body if I don't shift at least once a day, sometimes more depending how busy I am. The more I do in a day the more my body feels the strain and my human form isn't as strong or able as my animal one.

Yet, it's hard to get away from my life, to be in a place where no one knew me would make it so much easier. If I want to change I have to find a place far away from the bus and my friends and far away from any teenage fan girls, harder then it seems, believe me.

-

Whilst I focused on my shift back to my human form I noticed that my attacker was also shifting. I smiled up and the figure pinning me down.
"Victor," he grinned.
"Michael," I mimicked. He laughed and climbed off me, both of us lying facing the sky. "We don't spend enough time together when we shift," I sighed.

My brother nodded in agreement, "You're usually with Jaime though," he pointed out. "I'd rather spend time with Tony then watch you and Jaime eye fuck." I laughed at that and punched his arm.
"That's coming from you, who stares at Tony like he's a God," I rolled my eyes. Mike blushed and rolled his eyes back at me.
"Why did we have to go and crush on our band mates?"
"Because we spend so much time together it's hard not to?" I sighed and rolled over to face him. "Speaking of the others, we should get back." Mike nodded in agreement and we stood up.

Will it ever get easier?
♠ ♠ ♠
Short introduction. Cause YOLO and FISH. I ain't no hipster though. Comment and all that jazz. Mucho Lovo(improvised Spanish)