Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

Somebody's Supposed To Fall In Love

It's been weeks and I still can't shake that kiss from my mind. Kellin clouds my thoughts, suffocating my senses. I just wish things weren't so awkward between us. I'm sure he's moved on by now, unlike me who's still obsessing over him. You should have seen the way Tyler Carter was looking at him in class today. I wanted to punch that kid in the face so bad. I sigh sadly, knowing I shouldn't be jealous. Kellin needs to be with someone his own age.
I walk into the bedroom and lay down. I've been so lonely without Jaime by my side. No one could ever replace him but eventually someone has to come around and stitch up my broken heart. I just wish that person could be Kellin. I'm his fucking teacher! I shouldn't feel this way about him but hey, you can't help who you fall for. He reminds me of myself back when I was seventeen. I'm not so sure if that's a good thing to be honest with you. He may be broken inside but he's a dreamer, just like I was. Why can't I be like that anymore? I gave up on my dreams a long time ago. I settled for less and now look where I am, unhappy with a low paying job and a crush on one of my students. Why does life have to be so cruel? I just wanna wake up and be happy! Is that too much to ask for?
My alarm goes off and I throw it at the wall. Great, now I'll have to buy a new one. I call the school to inform them that I'm "sick" and won't be coming in today. I know I shouldn't be skipping out on work but I really need a day off.
I don't know if it's guilt keeping me awake, but I can't fall back asleep. Sighing in defeat, I get up and take a shower. I let the cold water relax me. I turn off the fosset and wrap a towel around my waist. Stepping out, the cold air hits my body and sends shivers down my spine. I throw on my red Falling In Reverse t-shirt and some black skinnies. I quickly comb my hair and throw on a black beanie, ready for the day. I pull out my phone and dial my brother's number.
"Hello?" I hear my brother ask groggily.
"Hey Mike! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today?" I ask, my voice lacking confidence. I haven't talked to Mike in years, let alone hung out with him. I patiently wait for his response and play with the hem of my t-shirt.
"I don't know Vic, I'm kind of busy today." I shake my head and sigh. I know he's just making up an excuse.
"That's okay. We can just hang out some other time," I say trying to mask the disappointment in my voice. We say goodbye and he quickly hangs up. Mike used to be like my best friend and now we don't even talk. It's pretty sad, considering he only lives ten minutes away from me. It's my fault though, after Jaime died I pushed him away. I pushed everyone away. Sighing in defeat, I grab my phone and dial Tony's number. I'm not spending the day alone. I haven't talked to Tony in a long time but I know he won't turn me down. The phone rings four times and just when I'm about to hang up, I hear his voice.
"Vic?" He asks with confusion.
"Hey Tony! I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out?"
"Yeah that sounds great! Meet me at the coffee shop in 20 minutes."
"Alright see ya," I say quickly. We say goodbye and I hang up the phone. Why do we have to meet at the coffee shop? That place holds nothing but memories for me. Our band used to play there on the weekends. Sighing, I get up and grab my keys. Might as well get there early.
I wait at one of the tables and look around. The place still looks the same. I smile, remembering how Pierce The Veil used to play here. I hear the door open and my eyes light up.
"Tony!" I yell happily. He sees me and smiles. He pulls me in for a hug. "I've miss you Vic."
"I've missed you too. It's been way to long since we've last hung out." As I say this, his eyes darken exposing his emotions.
"Not since he died." I nod my head and try not to cry.
"It's been four years and I'm still haven't moved on." He shakes his head and sighs sadly.
"Where's Mike? I thought you would have invited him." I avert my eyes and try to look casual, as if his question doesn't bother me.
"I did invite him but he couldn't make it." He smiles sympathetically and sighs.
"Don't worry he'll come around. So what made you decide to call me?"
"I've been going through some shit lately, so I figured seeing you would cheer me up." He frowns and I can't tell what he's thinking. "Are you okay? What kind of shit have you been dealing with?" He asks cautiously. "It's not important, I just need to get my mind off things." He nods his head but I can tell he's not convinced.
I spend the rest of the day with Tony, catching up and reminiscing of the old days. We plan on hanging out again this weekend. We say goodbye and I head back home. I'm finally getting my life back together. I've spent so many years being depressed, it's time I start living again. I'm starving, so I decide to make a quick stop at Domino's. I place my order and wait at one of the tables. I hear the door open and I look up, curiosity getting the better of me. Shit! It's Kellin...and Tyler. What are they, best friends now? Kellin catches my eye and I quickly look away. He whispers to Tyler and sits down beside me.
"Hi Vic," he says staring at the ground. I look up and smile at him.
"Hey Kellin." So much for making a quick stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Vic...Mike doesn't wanna hang out with him : (
Anyway, please leave a comment. I feel like I haven't heard from you guys in a while