Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

Southern Constellations

"Kellin get your ass outta bed!" I groan as I hear my father yell from downstairs. I read the clock, 7:10. I walk into the bathroom and sign sadly, staring at my reflection. The boy staring back isn't me. This boy has a bruise forming across his cheek and a busted lip. What happened to the boy I used to be? Oh that's right, he died along with my mom. Since her death, my dad's been drinking away his sorrows and taking his anger out on me.
I quickly put on some clean clothes, brush my hair, and throw on my red beanie before walking down stairs. My father's sitting at the table reading the news paper when I enter the kitchen. He merely glances at me before turning back to his paper. Well at least he didn't hit me again. That's a good sign, right?
I start walking to school, taking the long route. I really don't wanna go back to that hell hole but I have to. I don't know how much of this I can take anymore. I get bullied at school and abused at home, nowhere is safe. I hear voices off in the distance and start to panic.
"Hey fag!" Someone yells. I turn around and stare at the boys laughing at me. Okay I'm alright with Alex and his friends bullying me but these kids, I don't even know them. Right now, any logical person would walk away but me, instead I choose to fight back. Stupid, right? This is the reason I get beat up all the time, I don't know when to walk away. It doesn't help that I'm gay either. I walk up to the boy and try to look intimidating. Even though, I know I'm failing miserably. Who would be afraid of me?
"Who the fuck are you?" I ask. The boy stars at me in shock and laughs. "Oliver Sykes but you can call me Oli. That's what all my bitches call me," he says smiling. His friends laugh and it only angers me further. "I'm not one if your stupid whores!" I yell, shoving him in the process. He steps back and looks around. "You've got some balls kid but if you ever touch me again, you'll regret it." He says before walking off with his friends. I lay on the grass and sign. The clouds calm me and I pull out my notebook. I jot down some new lyrics and smile once I'm finished. At this rate, I could write a whole album. It's my dream to one day start a band but until then, I'm stuck here. I'm really lucky those guys didn't kiss my ass earlier. I need to be more careful about who I try to pick a fight with.
I close my eyes and rest for once. I haven't gotten any sleep in days.
What I plan to be a five minute nap turns into a fucking half hour. I look at my watch and panic. 8:05, shit I'm late! I sprint all the way to school, trying to catch my breath once I'm outside the classroom. Remember how everyone used to stare at you when you were late for class back in elementary? Well it's still like that for me, only ten times worse considering I'm the school freak. I slowly open the door and sigh, knowing something bad is going to happen. As soon as the other kids see me, they start whispering. I frown and look towards the teacher. He turns around to face me and gaps. What the fuck was that about, I wonder looking at him funny. He composes himself and I begins to speak.
"Um...sorry I'm late but I couldn't find the classroom," I say lying through my teeth. I look around awkwardly and catch sight of Jack Barakat whispering to Alex Gaskarth. "Don't believe that shit sir, Quinn was out fucking his boyfriend! That's why he's late!" Alex yells to the teacher, causing all the kids to laugh. I hide my face in shame and look away. Before I can even comprehend what is happening, I hear the teacher telling Alex to get out of his classroom. I smirk and think to myself, finally someone told him off. Alex gets up and glares at me before slamming the classroom door shut.
"Go take a seat." The teacher tells me. I make my way towards the back of the classroom, taking the seat next to Matty Mullins, my only friend at this school. I turn my attention to our new teacher once he starts talking. I find out that his name is Mr. Fuentes and he's twenty-three. I tune out after that and focus on how cute he is. He has wavy brown hair down to his shoulders and a nose ring. If it weren't for the suit and tie, I would think he was just another student. The kids start asking him questions and of course, Jenna the school slut, asks if he has a girlfriend. I'm not gonna lie I was wondering the same thing but come one, it's awkward asking a teacher a question like that.
The bell finally rings and I walk up to Mr. Fuentes' desk. "Can I help you?" He asks smiling.
"Uhh yeah, I'm Kellin and I just wanted to thank you for what you did earlier. No one has ever stood up for me like that," I admit to him. "Don't worry about it kid. Oh and I thought your name was Quinn?" He says making me laugh. "No that's just what Alex calls me. Well I gotta get to my next class so,"
"Of course." He opens the door for me and I walk out the classroom. Besides his good looks, there's something I like about him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be nice : )