Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

Have You Ever Really Danced On The Edge?

Alex really enjoys making my life a living hell, doesn't he? He should have just beat me up after class or something, instead of humiliating me like that. Is my crush really that obvious? I tried being discreet but I guess it didn't work. I probably made things worse by running out of class. Now they all know it's true.
I run into the bathroom and pull out my razor. I know I said I'd never go back but I really need this right now. I run the smooth blade over my last scar, cutting deeper than usual. The red blood trickles out and I sigh in relief, the physical pain overpowering the emotional. I don't stop until my forearm is covered in fresh cuts. I take off my sweater and wrap it around the wounded skin. I sit in the bathroom stall until my arm finally stops bleeding. I walk to the sink and turn on the fosset, the cold water stinging my skin. As much as I want to pull away, I stay still. I need to clean this up before anyone can see. I quickly dry my arm off and panic in fear. Shit! My sweater is covered in blood! How the hell am I supposed to hide my cuts? I hear the door open and freeze, too afraid to move.
"Kellin? Are you okay?" A familiar voice asks gently. I slowly turn around, gripping my arm and nod.
"I'm fine Mr. Fuentes. Are you done helping the other students?" I ask as my voice shakes. I don't want him to see my arm, I need to get out of here.
"Yeah they just left. Are you sure you're okay?" He asks.
"Just fine," I say grabbing my bag. I try to walk out the door but Mr. Fuentes grabs my arm and spins me around.
"Shit!" I yell out in pain. He quickly drops my arm and stares down at my cuts. I look up at his face and see tears in his eyes.
"Why?" He asks, his voice cracking.
"Because I'm pathetic, nobody likes me." He stares at me sadly and shakes his head.
"That's not true, I like you and so does Matty." I roll my eyes and laugh, finding humor in his words.
"Matty is my only friend at this school and you're my teacher, that doesn't count."
"Yes it does," he says as he rolls up his sleeve, revealing his own scars. They're faint but very visible. I stare in shock and gasp.
"I used to cut after someone very close to me died. I used to cut to ease the pain but I haven't done it in years," he says with tears streaming down his face. I lightly run my fingers over his scars, afraid of hurting him.
"You're a smart kid Kellin, don't waste your life being a victim to the blade. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here." He looks into my eyes and it takes my breath away. I feel my face heating up and all I can do is stare at him. He moves closer and I close my eyes, his hot breath against my lips. I slowly lean forward, not caring how inappropriate this is. Much to my dismay, he only kisses me on the cheek. I open my eyes and smile. He smiles kindly and turns to walk out.
"Wait! Mr. Fuentes, do you think I could come in at lunch tomorrow?" He nods his head and smiles brightly.
"You can call me Vic. Oh and this time when you come, we'll be alone," He says walking out. I lean my head against the dry wall and scream. What the hell just happened? I lift my head up and stare at the mirror, taking in my reflection. I still have some bruises on my body but other than that, I look fine. Maybe things are finally starting to look up for me. Oh who am I kidding! My dad's a drunk and I almost kissed a teacher! My life is a complete wreck right now but honestly, I could care less.
I grab my things and walk out the bathroom, using my bloody sweater to cover up my arm. I have an extra jacket in my locker. I put in the combination and throw my stuff on the ground. I put my clean jacket on and sigh in relief, at least no one saw my cuts. I take the bloody sweater and throw it into the trash can. While walking to my next class, I bump into Oli. He glares at me but I pay no attention to him. Nothing can ruin my mood right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter was so short. Poor Vic used to cut himself too : (
Some stuff is gonna happen when they're together at lunch during the next chapter ; )