"Blessed" with a Curse

Ten.

“Alan. I’m home.”

I took my jacket off and threw it on the couch before I placed my laptop on the kitchen table.

He wasn’t downstairs again.

I walked upstairs into my room and saw him on my bed, trying to fix Kellin’s camera again.

He turned to look at me and almost dropped the camera in shock.

“A-Austin, I’m sorry I—!” “It’s okay…”

I picked up the camera from off the bed and sat next to Alan.

“I shouldn’t have yelled at you last time. It’s just…I was scared…”

I gently brushed my thumb against the cracked lens.

“It brings back horrible memories…”

I bit down on my lip and tried to hold back tears, but it was already no use.

“Alan…can you leave me alone for a bit…?”

He nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him.

I laid my head down on the pillow, still holding the camera in my hands.

I closed my eyes and let the tears fall.

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry…it’s all my fault…”

Soon…I let darkness take over me and drifted off to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~

“Austin! Hurry up! You’re so slow!”

Kellin was bouncing impatiently, waiting for me to catch up with him.

We were traveling up the snow-covered hill, it was freezing and snowing slightly, but that didn’t stop me. I finally made it up the hill and held his hand in mine, quickly kissing him on the lips.

The lake was already in view, so Kellin took the opportunity to take a picture.

“Last one down the hill has to make dinner tonight!”

Before I could even confirm with him, he already started running down the hill. I quickly ran after him and tackled him to the ground when we reached the bottom.

“No fair…you had a head start…”

I gave him a small pout before I kissed him.

“Not my fault that you’re so slow, Aus.”

He sat up and kissed me on the cheek. “But I love you anyway.”

I smiled and sat up too.

“I love you too, Kell.”

He turned on his camera and aimed it at us.

“Really? Come on, Kellin…” “You know I always have to take a picture when we’re all lovey-dovey.”

It’s true. He does. But, I don’t really mind it at all.

I pressed my lips against his as the shutter of the camera went off.

He pulled away and showed me the picture.

“Your perfect photography never ceases to amaze me, Kellin.”

He blushed slightly and started taking pictures of the lake.

It’s weird…the lake always had a purple hue to it in contrast with the white snow surrounding it. Kellin always loves taking pictures of it whenever he gets the chance, and I can honestly see why.

I felt something cold bite at my nose and quickly realized that it was a snowflake. Several others fell after that one.

“Kellin, we should head on home. It’s starting to snow.”

He nodded in agreement and shut his camera off before he handed it to me, then he started to climb up the hill.

I followed behind him carefully. I don’t think he would be too happy with me if I damaged his camera.

“So…does this still mean that I have to cook dinner tonight?”

Kellin already reached the top and gave me a pondering look.

“Hm…well, since I’m in such a good mood…I say we can both cook together tonight. Deal?”

He held his hand out to me to help me to the top.

“Deal.”

As we continued to walk down the icy road, the snowfall started to pick up.

Kellin huddled up in his jacket and started to run.

“Come on Austin! It’s freezing out here!”

He quickly crossed the road and impatiently waited for me on the other side.

I ran across the street to catch up with him but stopped when I heard a small crash.

I turned around and saw Kellin’s camera on the ground in the middle of the street.

“Crap…”

“Austin…!” “Hold on, Kell…!”

I ran back and picked up the camera from the ground.

“Austin…!”

Fuck…! There’s a crack on the lens…!

“Austin!!!”

I looked up and saw a car heading straight for me, but I couldn’t move.

I was frozen in place.

However, something forced me out of the way and the tires of the car screeched as I hit the ground, my head hitting against the concrete.

I opened my eyes, a little dazed, but I managed to sit up and see what had happened.

My heart stopped and my blood ran cold as I saw the sight in front of me.

The car sat there with a broken windshield with blood on it…shattered glass littered the ground…

…and Kellin’s body lay still on the concrete in front of the car…

“Kellin!!!”

I quickly got up and ran over to him, gently holding him close.

Blood was pouring from the side of his head…his eyes stared at me in shock as his body trembled…

“Kellin! Say something…! Please!”

He coughed harshly and blood dripped from his mouth.

“Fuck…! Kellin…! You’re gonna be okay! I’m gonna call the ambulance! Just stay with me, okay?!”

“Austin…it hurts…” A couple of tears rolled down his blood-stained cheek. I wiped them away and kissed his forehead.

I pulled out my phone and dialed 911 in an instant.

“911 what’s your emergency?”

“Help! Please help! My fiancé was hit…! B-by a car! He’s bleeding…! I can’t stop the bleeding! Please help!”

“Sir, I need you to calm down and tell me where you are located.”

As soon as I was about to talk again, the call cut off.

The signal was lost completely.

“FUCK!!!”

I threw my phone to the side and started to cry myself.

“Austin…” “Kellin…! I’m sorry! I’m so so so sorry! I shouldn’t have dropped your camera! I should have been more careful! I’m so fucking sorry!”

“Please Austin…don’t…don’t blame…yourself… please…don’t cry…”

He tried his best to reach up and wipe my tears away, but only more fell.

I bit down on my lip and shook my head.

“I’ll…I’ll be fine, Austin…I’ll make it through this…then we…we can go home…and make our favorite dish…together…okay…?”

He gave me a small smile. More tears rolled down my cheek.

He’s lying…

I gently petted his head and pressed a soft, but passionate kiss to his lips.

“I love you so much, Austin…”

“I love you more, Kellin…I always will…”

He closed his eyes…and I knew he was gone…

He’s gone forever…and it’s all my fault…

I should have known…

I should have learned my lesson…

I’m cursed…I’ll always be cursed…


I sat up from the bed in a cold sweat, heart racing.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks and I still had the camera in my hand.

I placed it on the nightstand and hugged my knees to my chest.

“Austin…?”

Alan stood in the doorway, a concerned look on his face.

Fear struck through my whole body.

“No! Don’t come near me! I’m cursed! I’m cursed! I’ll always be cursed! I don’t want to lose you, Alan! I can’t afford to lose you!” More tears spilled from my eyes.

He walked over and sat next to me, pulling me into his arms.

“Austin…it’s okay…it’s gonna be okay…”

He rubbed calming circles on my back.

‘N-no it’s not…! It always happens…! No matter what I do…! It happens…!”

I clung tightly to his shirt, afraid that he would disappear from me if I let go.

“I won’t leave you, Austin…I promise…”

“How can you be so sure of that…?”

“I don’t know…I just can…”

With that, I fell asleep, cuddled up in Alan’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...now you know what happened. :o
Thank you for those who commented! <3
And more comments and feedback are appreciated! <3
'Til the next chapter, my lovelies!