Status: Working on it, guise ~

Bulletproof Heart

3.

-R.R's P.O.V-

I got out unnoticed. I let out a long sign and started running. I wasn't going to stop running until I was far enough away to not be found. All I did was bring the group down. I'd be okay on my own. I mean, I was before I met them. I stopped running after awhile an sat down on a rock. I stared into the night and up at the stars until I heard voices. I hid behind a bush and held my breath. I watched through the tiny branches as two men in large white masks dragged a little girl and shoved her to the ground. "Stay down, you little brat." One of them spat at her. The little girl just lied there. The guys continued to laugh and make sick comments. "Ugh. I hate kids, but... hell..." I grabbed my knives out of my boot and jumped out of the bush and onto the back of one of the guys. He yelled and tried to shake me off, but I snapped his neck. I landed on my feet as his body crashed to the ground. The other guy started to throw a punch at me, but I threw my knife at his chest faster. He went down and I used my other knife to slit his throat. I carved "RR" into both of them and wiped off my knives.
I looked towards the little girl and she tucked her knees into her chest. She looked frightened as I stepped toward her. "Don't be afraid, kid. You're free." She whimpered. I looked into her sad eyes. She reminded me of myself when I was younger. I felt a tear form. I turned around quickly and wiped it away. "C'mon, kid. You can come with me." She got up and followed me. We traveled for a few hours and quite a few miles when I decided that the kid needed rest. I stopped and made her a makeshift bed. She looked peaceful as she slept. I took watch as always. Thank the Lord I didn't sleep much. I heard rustling in the distance. My head jerked toward the noise. The girl woke up and I put my finger to my lips. She looked terrified. I was calm as ever. I motioned for her to hide and she did as she was told. I was ready to take on just about anything. I stood and just waited for something to throw itself at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ch. 3! (: