Said & Done.

Chivalry.

‘Thank you, love’ as he held the door open, he just assumed it as an English pleasantry, ‘you have a lot of stuff there, do you need a hand?’ ‘would you, I just have a music class to teach on Jefferson, I am going nowhere fast’ he smiled, ‘absolutely’ picking some of her books off the top, ‘I’m Lucy’ ‘John’ he nodded, ‘thanks for this really’ ‘what kind of stuff do you teach?’ ‘oh, violin and piano, bit of a jazz nerd, so play a little saxophone too’ ‘cool, I play guitar and drums’ ‘I so failed at being a rock musician, really’ he laughed, ‘can you sing?’ ‘I don’t know, depends on the person’s opinion’ ‘I don’t think I can sing, I’m a singer’ she laughed, ‘you’re mad’ he laughed, ‘maybe’.

John walked with her, ‘so when did you come here?’ ‘once I finished my teacher training, I’ve always wanted to leave England, and Arizona is cheaper than California, and a day’s drive so I came here’ he chuckled, ‘you like California’ ‘I like to surf?’ John smiled, ‘really?’ ‘I lived in Torquay in England for a bit, and it’s the only place you can, and I wanted to go the Wedge’ John smiled, ‘I like you’ ‘you’re not so bad’ ‘I surf’ ‘oh, cool, are you free this weekend, I’m heading there to ride the waves?’ he grinned, ‘you don’t know me?’ ‘I’ve not met a serial killer who likes surfing and opens door yet?’ he laughed, ‘and sings?’ he laughed ‘I’m up for it’.

‘Johnoh!’ a bunch of girls surrounded him, ‘oh’ she giggled to herself, John smiled, ‘hey, errm, good to meet you’ ‘how do you know him, miss?’ ‘he helped me with my things’ taking the books from him, ‘this band good then?’ he laughed, ‘apparently’ she nodded, ‘you know he’s in The Maine’ ‘I’ve been here a couple of months, no?’ ‘miss, we need to educate you’ ‘yes, I guess?’ John laughed, ‘it’s fine, I’ll show you myself’ they looked at her, she cleared her throat, ‘girls you need to be in class?’ they hurried off, ‘sorry?’ ‘I asked for it, in a high school’ she nodded, ‘ermm, well thank you, call me about Friday?’ he nodded, as she put her number down, ‘I have a little place on the beach, we’ll be fine’ he nodded with a smile, ‘how?’ ‘never you mind’ she smirked heading in to the school, he smiled.

‘Guys, all the plans for the weekend, I’m going to have to unarrange?’ they looked at him, why?’ ‘I just, going to California for the weekend’ ‘what?’ ‘I met this-’ ‘girl, who’s going to California?’ ‘I did’ he smiled, ‘and, she’s pretty awesome’ checking his phone, ‘just heard everything, damn, you’ve lived a little’ he smiled, ‘thank you?’ ‘California is definitely going to be fun’ he laughed to himself as his band looked at him, ‘well, gotta take a chance right, for the right girl?’ they laughed ‘go for it, it wasn’t major stuff, we can handle it’ ‘awesome’ ‘you’re letting him?’ Gare asked Jared, ‘I know John well enough, that he wouldn’t take the chance if it wasn’t worth it’.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you think?