New American Classic

Change?

When my eyes finally fluttered open the entire room was dark. Sirens of emergency floated through the open window along with a warm breeze. My head had finally stopped swirling, but my lips tingled intensely. It almost felt like what happened between Dan and I was a dream, but the imprint of his touch still lay fresh on my skin implying that it really happened. I sat up slowly not wanting to get dizzy again and swung my legs over the side of the bed.

2:30 a.m.

My eyes widened when I read what time it was, unknown panic filled my insides. I was still in Dan’s room and all I wanted was to be in my own. The hardwood floor met with my feet causing a small shiver to course through my limbs as I padded quietly across the room to the door. I glanced back and around at my surroundings taking everything that was lit by the moonlight into my memory.

Remarkably the door opened quietly letting me escape the room without making notice. I took a deep breath before holding it tightly as I tried my best to drift through the hall so I didn’t wake anyone up. As I reached the living room area soft snoring filled the air. My eyes landed on Dan who was sacked out peacefully on the black couch. Death Note was playing on the tv but low enough so no one else could hear. Keeping my eyes on Dan I made my way sideways towards the door. My heart sped with hope, as I got closer to the exit and further away from Dan.

“Shit.” I muttered to myself as my knee bumped against a nearby table. “Shit, shit, shit.”

Pain singed up my leg but I couldn’t stop now, I was too close. I turned my back for only a second so I could find the door handle when a shuffle came from behind me.

“Lola?”

Dan’s voice was groggy with sleep and when I finally looked at him his eyes were squinting not quite ready to open.

“Dan I…uhm…I…” I couldn’t find the right words to say.

“Where are you going?” He asked scratching at his head.

My eyes darted in every direction as I searched for something to say.

“It’s late…I…I need to get home…” I stuttered nervously.

Dan moved towards me causing me to back away cautiously. At some point it collided with the door giving me nowhere to run.

“Are you ok?”

He was only inches away from me, his arm out stretched to the doorknob, his forearm grazing mine ever so slightly. My heart was slamming against my chest and my breathing was picking up. It was dark in the hallway but I could still make out Dan’s face when I looked up at him. The same tension that built up when Dan sat on top of me was starting to build again and my head flooded with the memory and feeling of his lips on mine. I bit down too heavily on my lower lip; the taste of iron would soon glaze my tongue.

“Lola.” Dan repeated my name harshly this time, closing in the tiny amount of space that was left between us.

His body pressed firmly against mine, my back straightening against the door. His hand locked tightly around the doorknob, not budging anytime soon. He placed his other hand securely around my wrist. Butterflies flapped rapidly against my stomach walls and all the blood rushed to my head. Before I knew it Dan’s head was tilting down towards mine, my lips urging for his to come down on them. They met briefly before Dan pulled away again, letting go of my wrist as well.

“I shouldn’t…I’m sorry.” He grumbled turning the nob.

“Dan.” I whispered instinctively grabbing his free hand.

“No Lola I’m sorry. I’m sorry for earlier too you probably think I’m the biggest wanker.”

My heart sank a little once his words sunk in.

“I’ll let you go.” He said after I didn’t respond.

“No.” I argued pushing the door shut behind me. “Dan you aren’t a wanker and you shouldn’t be sorry for earlier.”

A rush of feelings ran up and down my body and I didn’t want anything else but for him to kiss me more and more.

“Please.” I begged. “Just do it again and don’t ever be sorry about it.”

He took a few seconds to process what I said but gave in, cupping my face in his hands.

“I wanted it to be the perfect moment.” He said…his breath tickling at my lips. “I just don’t want you to think negatively of me.”

I snorted somberly.

“You kissed me Dan, you didn’t rape me.” I assured questioning if that was the right word to use.

“You know…” He started, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. “It’s not rape if you like it.”

I laughed as quietly as I could, holding back more as his lips traced my skin. I wrapped my arms around his waste and pulled him even closer to me. He nipped softly at my neck then finally let his lips dance with mine. This just felt like it should be happening, it felt like after spending so much time together and putting him through a lot already this was what was meant to be.

Dan crushed my lips with his intensifying the kiss. He tangled his hands in my hair and swung me to push me against another wall. Small noises escaped my throat, which caused his lower half to close the gap between us even more. He held my arms down at my sides…controlling me completely. This was a side of Dan I never expected to experience but I liked it more and more as it continued. He smashed his hips into mine an uncontrollable growl escaping my mouth.

“Er…”

A sudden voice broke us apart instantly. We turned simultaneously to see Dan’s flat mate Phil standing there half asleep half in awe as he watched us tear each other apart.

“I should probably go then…” Phil said meekly as he turned quickly, leaving us alone again.

Dan and I looked at each other and after a second of letting our skin flash red we burst into low giggles.

“I should go too.” I said walking towards the door.

“Hey Lola?” Dan called after me.

I turned and flashed him a smile.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then right?” He asked…hopeful.

I nodded quickly.

“You’ll see me tomorrow, and then the tomorrow after tomorrow if you’d like..” I said contently.

Dan returned the smile.

“And then the tomorrow after that.”

If you don’t decide to make it til then…

I’m gonna change…for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i guess this is a filler. it sucks i know :(
but i needed it in here...the next will be better i promise <3

comment//recommend//subscribe
love you guys <3