Arranged Marriage

Day out part 1

I slowly blinked the sleep out of my eyes as my body woke up, rolling over I glanced at the clock on my dressing room table "An hour before breakfast, which means two hours until I see Gerard again" sighing I slipped my legs out of bed and stood up.

Moving to the large bay window I pulled back the curtains and allowed the mornings natural light to flood my room. Closing my eyes I allowed myself to bask in the bright light for a few minutes before walking to my wardrobe, sliding the mirrored doors open I scanned the clothes inside pulling a pair of ripped black shorts and a white vest top off their hangers I slid the doors shut. Chucking the items on my unmade bed I grabbed a new underwear set from the top draw of my dresser, white with a small bow on the centre of the bra, throwing them with the other items, I went in to my ensuite bathroom.

Closing the door behind me I walking into my white tiled bathroom. Turning on the shower I slipped out of my pyjamas and turned my radio on, a laugh slipping through my lips as the opening bars of I'm not okay played.

Well if you wanted honesty
That's all you had to say
I never want to let you down or have you go
It's better off this way

I jumped in to the shower

For all the dirty looks
The photographs your boyfriend took
Remember when you broke your foot
From jumping out the second floor

Grabbing my shampoo I started to wash my hair

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out

What will it take to show you
That it's not the life it seems?
(I'm not okay)
I've told you time and time again
You sing the words

After washing the shampoo out I put my conditioner in, moving away from the spray of the shower I put my lavender scented shower gel on to my sponge rubbing it in to my skin.

But don't know what it means
(I'm not okay)

To be a joke and look
Another line without a hook
I held you close as we both shook
For the last time
Take a good hard look!

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out

Quickly but carefully I shaved before washing the bubbles off of my body and the conditioner out of my hair.

Forget about the dirty looks
The photographs your boyfriend took
You said you read me like a book
But the pages all are torn and frayed

I'm okay
I'm okay!
I'm okay, now
(I'm okay, now)

But you really need to listen to me
Because I'm telling you the truth
I mean this
I'm okay!
(Trust me)

Singing along I hopped out the shower wrapping a towel around my hair before wrapping one around my body.

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
Well, I'm not okay
I'm not O-fucking-K
(I'm not okay)
I'm not okay

I cleaned my teeth, turned off the radio and opened the window before leaving the bathroom. Sitting at my vanity I started on my morning routine made up of toner and moisturizer. Rising from my seat I quickly slipped into my clothes before starting on my hair and make up.

After drying my hair I pulled it into a high ponytail. I decided to forego the foundation and blusher so I lined my eyes in black added black mascara and put a little bit of lip gloss on my lips. Looking at my clock the second sigh of the day passed my lips " 8:45, 45 minutes down 2 hours 15 minutes to go" pulling my grandmother's diamond necklace out of my jewellery box I put it around my neck before grabbing a book of my bookshelf as settling down on the window seat.

"Miss Black" Mrs Allen's voice rang through my bedroom door "Breakfast is ready"
"Thank you Mrs Allen, I'll be right down"
Dog earring my page in the book, I placed it on top of my bookshelf, spritzed a small amount of body spray on to my clothes and exited my room.

I skipped down the marble corridor as excitement for the day ahead set in and ran down the stairs, quickly making my way across the front entrance of the house I entered the kitchen.
"Good morning granddad" I said smiling as I took my place at the table. "Morning sweetheart, are you looking forward to today"
"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be"
Mrs Allen set down two plates of bacon and eggs on the table with two cups of tea before leaving the room with her husband.

Breakfast was a quiet affair, as it normally is in our house and soon I was making my way back up stairs to decide on which pair of shoes I was would wear. I dropped down in front of my shoe rack and worked it down to two pairs, a pair of black studded ankle boots with a chunky heel and a pair of studded flats, of course not knowing where we were going didn't help me decide...grabbing the boots I stood up pulling open my underwear draw I pulled out a pair of plain white ankle socks, slipping them on to my feet I pulled my boots on.

The door bell rang, after a quick look in the mirror I grabbed my black leather jacket from the back of my door and left my room, sliding my arms into the jacket I pulled it on as made my way to the stairs. Stopping at the top of the staircase I watched as Mrs Allen opened the door.
"Good morning Mr Way, please come in, I'll go and fetch Miss Black"
"There's no need" I called as I quickly made my way down the stairs, walking over to Gerard I placed a kiss on his pale cheek "Good morning Mr Way, I trust you slept well" a smile graced my lips
"Indeed I did Miss Black" a cheeky smile on his face as he lifted my hand to his lips, a small gasp fell from my lips as he kissed my hand "Are you ready to leave"
Nodding I turned to Mrs Allen "Would you inform my granddad that we've left"
"Of course Miss, enjoy you day"

Mrs Allen closed the door behind us as Gerard led me down the front steps to the taxi that was sat waiting, opening the door he stepped back do that I could get in *what a gentlemen* I thought climbing into the car, Gerard getting in behind me "So where exactly are you taking me" I asked turning my head to him "You'll have to wait and see" he replied as well pulled out of the grounds of the estate.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so so sorry, I didn't mean to leave it this long. It's been over a year since I last I started this story and I've been so busy with my A levels and getting ready for uni that I haven't had the time to update any of my stories. I promise you I will update this story within a week you have my word. Once again I am so sorry, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

L