Status: Progress Completed :)

UpSide Down Alice

Rough around the Edges

Mitchell was fuming, anger was bubbling within her, and she felt as if she couldn't contain it. She was trembling from within, strange angry grunts escaping through her clenched teeth. She didn't even want to be with her scumbag father but she was forced to spend the summer with him.Everyone was so determined to help her 'fix' their relationship. She just wanted to keep telling herself that he was dead. This was just adding to the misery of this year. She stood in the room of him and the thing that was his wife tearing the room apart. She unmade their bed, and threw some objects around. She wanted to hurt them, to somehow make them feel the way she felt inside. She want to ruin their lives. She punched the wall out of frustration, looking around for something to destroy, to crush, something to satisfy the animal hunger within.

She saw a strange glint and her eyes were drawn to a triangular cake knife from the first birthday party she had after moving back to state side. She saw a brief purple and pink glow over and a grabbed it with the fury still hot in her veins. Grabbing the sharp end out of anger, squeezing down while grunting angrily, trying to think of her next move. She pulls the knife out of her hand and notices small droplets on its ridges. She becomes suddenly fascinated by the small red drops against the sliver of the blade. She stares at the droplets for a moment longer. She heard the voices start to shout suggestion at her.

“I hate everybody!” She yelled at the empty room.

She dragged the knife around her wrist making a strange line to accompany her words. Her body filled with a million tingles, she felt as light as a feather and so much better. She wanted to hold on to that sensation but it fleeted soon after the line had been made. She pouted, wanting to feel like light feeling that she had before. She presses the cake knife against her skin a second time, and pulls fast. This didn't bring the satisfaction that she was looking for, so she decided to do it again. This time she slowly ran the blade slowly across her skin, spending sixty seconds dragging it down. She felt every single ridge cut deeply into her skin. It felt euphoric as if everything in life would be made well again. In this moment she had the control over her life, the same control that she had been lacking. This would be hers, this would be hers and hers alone. She smiled to herself as she lay on the rug, running her fingers on the blood on her arm. She held it above her head, staring at bleeding wound.

In that moment nothing hurt, she felt so blissfully free. She was happy; this didn't cause her any pain like everything else did. This made her feel perfect, so perfect. She heard a soft chuckle echo in the room but she ignored it. Her main focus was the new power that she had obtained. The sweet escape that was now hers something that she would keep close to her heart for years to come.

_________________________________________________

Alice rocked back and forth in the silence of the trees staring at the scars on her arms. I knew she was wondering where they had come from. I watched her with my usual curiosity, barely visible to wandering eyes. All that can be seen is my stripes, and two green orbs of my eyes. She mumbled quietly to herself, laughing at her own jokes. She looked up talking to someone I couldn't see and I decided to give her some company. I hate to see her like this, to see her letting Wonderland get the best of her.

“Alice,” I purred as I moved towards her.

“Oh hello Cheshire, have you come to play with us?”

“Yes I have Alice.”

We played in the colored pollen under the full moon. The light of the stars glowing within her skin, Wonderland laughing with us as we danced with moon beams. The soft caress of their hands on our flesh left a warm feeling where they had touched us. We stayed up late and watched the sun rise with no ill thoughts. In this moment Wonderland protected us from the sadness that plagued the dark underbelly of this place. Alice placed her head on my back while I lay on my stomach and smiled.

“Isn’t this perfect Cheshire?”

“Yes Alice.”

“We will be friends forever Cheshire, forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I want my reader to know I DO NOT condone self harm. Never the less, this is based on a real life person so I wanted to capture as close to how it might have felt as possible. So don't go cutting yourself thinking your problems will be solved or whatever because they won't be solved, there will still be there. With that being said, please let me know what you think! Recommend if you like it, comment what you think, and subscribe to get emails when I update. Thank you for the support.