Status: Progress Completed :)

UpSide Down Alice

Eyes filled with Storm Clouds

Alice hung upside from a tree branch. She has always been a natural born climber. She was as attracted to the thrill of climbing as I am. It's been a year since she has wander into these trees and I believe she is as fascinated with me as I am with her. I knew her name wasn't Alice, but she didn't mind me calling her that.

"Cheshire, tell me more about Wonderland. How long have I been here?"

"You have always been here Alice no one new ever really enters. We just choose when to be seen."

I watch as her hair brushes against fallen foliage, revealing the color of the rainbow in certain lights. It has always reminded me of the cascading black curtain that hung in a faraway place. She often uses it to shield her face. This was her defense so she could cry away the memories that were still fresh in her mind.

She pulled herself up, laughing. Her hair rippling, appearing as if it were dancing to the sound of her laughter. That was a rare musically sound that escaped her lips only when she forgot to keep her guard up. She climbed higher and reached for unstable branch.

"You thoughts are unstable Alice." My tail snagged her up before she fell. "Careful Alice, careful. I hate messes."

Her eyes clouded over and I could see her visibly shut down. She bit down hard into her pouty pink lips. I knew her teeth were cutting skin. They always do when she is like this. She had entered into a bad place again. The trees withered, the wind picked up fiercely. There was no reaching her now. I placed her gently on the withering ground.

I would have to wait until she was with me again. That's when we could go back to the merriment that her turbulent mood interpreted. She was like the fierce waves of an ocean, always moving. The force of the wave could never be predicted by how it looked. I watched as her teeth dug deeper into her skin. I decided to leave her for a while. I vanished; I knew when she came out of it she would have much to say.