Status: Finally a chaptered fic

About a Boy

Chapter Eleven

The last week and a half of the Christmas holidays passed in a blur for Kellin. It was spent mostly with him sending flirty texts to Vic and ignoring his sister’s taunting about his boyfriend. His father had demanded the two be involved in a Skype chat with him, that mostly involved awkward silences and sideways glances until their mother saved them with a shout of ‘lunch’s ready!’.
On the last day of their break, Vic had invited Kellin to his house, which he had eagerly agreed to. The dark haired boy had become slightly more comfortable with Vic’s parents knowing that they approved of his relationship with their son, and so even managed to have a small conversation in the hallway with them about the holidays until Vic had dragged him upstairs, rolling his eyes when his parents shouted ‘make sure you keep that door open, young man!’.
“So…?” Kellin looked at Vic, still unsure as to why he had wanted him to visit. Not that he minded.
“I never gave you your Christmas present.” He said softly. Vic pulled Kellin by the hand and sat him down on the bed across from him, a nervous smile playing on his lips. “So I’ll give it to you now.”
“It’s a bit late, Vic.” Kellin laughed shortly, but nodded to Vic to continue when he frowned.
“It’s, well… It isn’t much, but I erm…” Vic stopped and began to dig around in his bedside drawer. Kellin smiled to himself when he saw that Vic still had the dog tags securely around his neck. “I, well, I recorded some songs for you…” Vic trialed off to an incoherent mumble and blushed adorably.
“You did?” Kellin smiled at the paper CD holder Vic was hesitantly holding out to him. He smiled again when he turned it over to see the songs Vic had recorded. He had been pestering the boy to record his songs for weeks, but had finally come to accept that he wouldn’t.
1) A Match Into Water
2) Chemical Kids And Mechanical Brides
3) Bulletproof Love
4) Wonderless
5) Stay Away From My Friends
6) Bulls In The Bronx
7) Disasterology
8) The Balcony Scene
9) The Boy Who Could Fly
10) King For A Day
“You finished ‘King For A Day’?” Kellin breathed. Vic nodded shyly.
“I… I felt bad, so I wrote the rest of it. I don’t know what you’ll think though-“ Kellin cut Vic off by planting his lips on the other boy’s, effectively silencing him and hiding his tears. Ever since he had started going out with Vic he had been crying too much…
“Kellin?” Vic peered at him when they pulled apart. Kellin shook his head and smiled wetly before wiping away his tears.
“I love it. I love you.” Kellin declared, pulling Vic into a hug.
“I love you too…” Vic murmured into Kellin’s hair.
“Can I play it now?” Kellin asked hopefully, moving to put the disc into his CD player.
“No! Don’t.’ Ordered Vic. Kellin pouted but sat down again. “By the way, I got my brother, Jaime and Tony to, like, help with backing stuff.” He shrugged and Kellin nodded, leaning forward to hug him again.
“I love you.” Kellin whispered again, grinning to himself when Vic told him he felt the same.
____
They started school again the next day, on Tuesday. Vic and Kellin had been acting definitely more like a couple, but people seemed to brush it off as a close friendship. Except, of course, the two boys’ friends.
“It doesn’t really matter if they don’t get it right away,” Vic had pointed out at lunch. “They’ll catch on sooner or later.”
“I know, but like… We need to change for PE.” He said suddenly.
“Ew.” Vic said simply, smiling and tugging Kellin up from their lunch table. “We need to do that now.”
“Can’t we just change in the lesson?” Kellin asked hopefully.
“The rule is to change during the break you have before the lesson. That means now.” Vic ordered. Kellin sighed and reluctantly followed Vic firstly to the cloakroom to get their PE kits and then to the changing room. He immediately perked up when Vic started to shrug off his uniform in order to put on the grey polo shirt and football shorts they had to wear for PE.
“Come on, Kellin,” Vic laughed. “I know I’m attractive but you need to get dressed.” Kellin immaturely stuck his tongue out at Vic and started to get dressed as well, sneering at the horrible kit, as well as the fact that in Senior Year they were still forced to partake in sports. After he tugged on his trainers, Kellin pulled out his iPod and began to play one of Vic’s (or Pierce The Veil) songs.
“What are you listening to?” Vic asked curiously on their way back to their form room.
“Disasterology.” Kellin answered, causing Vic to wrinkle his nose adorably.
“You honestly like them?”
“Of course! You guys are… So awesome.” Kellin gushed honestly.
“Well… Thanks, I guess.” Vic smiled and took Kellin’s hand is own as they entered their classroom.
____
“Athletics.” Alex muttered as the group made their way outside.
“Are you kidding me?” Jesse grumbled. The twenty boys lined up on the track as Mrs. Blackmoore started to sort the boys into groups, clearly separating the fastest boys from the slowest. And Kellin, seeing as he only turned up to approximately one and a half PE lessons a month, was in one of the slower groups.
“I’m so bad at sports, especially running.” Vic muttered as Mrs. Blackmoore sorted him into the same group as Kellin, simply because she ‘hadn’t seen what he could do yet’.
“That’s not true. You were good at soccer.” Kellin argued, remembering how Vic had always been picked first whenever they were forced to play the game.
“That’s different.” Vic protested, squeezing Kellin’s hand when his half of the group was asked to line up in preparation to run.
“One hundred metre sprint first.” Mrs. Blackmoore said. “Fast all the way through boys.” She raised her bony arm, and Kellin watched Vic lean forward slightly, looking nervous, as she let her arm fly down and everyone started running.
Kellin knew Vic was lying. The small boy had beaten everyone by at least a second and a half, his time ending up being better than last year’s senior best. Mrs. Blackmoore had instantly moved Vic to the fastest group, forcing him to race against those boys as well, who he beat, and then taking him away for a moment to discuss the senior outdoor athletics team.
The double period seemed to drag on forever, after they were sorted into their groups (Kellin remaining in the same as he had been in since freshman year, as well as Jesse, Gabe, Justin and Jack) they moved onto the next ‘event’, being long jump. And, obviously, Vic was amazing at that as well. Because it was impossible for him not to be amazing at everything he did. When he cleared five metres, Mrs. Blackmoore had actually clapped. Kellin, on the other hand, had gladly taken two and a half metres.
____
“I am so tired.” Justin groaned as they finally peeled off their sweaty kits to put on their uniforms. After long jump had come javelin, and then high jump, and then eight hundred metres. To say they were all tired was an understatement.
“You liar.” Kellin said accusingly to Vic.
“Aw, are you jealous?” Vic cooed. Kellin laughed and shook his head, leaning forward to kiss Vic. It was literally impossible for anyone to miss this.
“You guys are gay?!” There it was. Kellin turned to see Jack Barakat looking slightly scandalised at them.
“Yeah. Is there a problem?” Kellin asked with a raised eyebrow.
“I changed in front of you!” He continued.
“Trust me, we haven’t been looking at you.” Kellin sneered. With that, he turned back around, to see a smiling, and blushing, Vic buttoning his shirt.
“Shut up, Jack.” Kellin heard Alex tell his friend.
“Yeah. No one gives a shit.” Rian joined in.
“I know! I was just shocked…”
Kellin smiled and loosely tied his tie, happy that everyone in his class was either supporting, or couldn’t care less. Either way, no one wanted to attack the two of them, which was all he really wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Patrick Stump's birthday today!!!
In honour of that, here's another chapter.