Status: feedback for updates(:

Your Cheating Heart Will Tell On You

To Your Hometown

"Zaria? Please wake up." I felt someone jostle my shoulders as I released a yelp of pain. My head felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing it.

I opened my eyes and blinked away the bluriness, looking up into a pair of bright hazel eyes, looking down on me in concern. I smiled weakly, wanting to get the look off his face. It didn't suit him.

"You're okay." He breathed out as I tried to sit up, but he put his hands on my shoulders, not letting me budge. I squirmed a little as I took in my surroundings. I was in lying on the couch, my head in Sidney's lap. He was still staring down at my face, his face taut with worry.

I reached up and touched his cheek. He let out a breath he had been holding in. "I'm fine." I smiled but it quickly faltered as I remembered the phone call with my brother. I was hoping that would've been some kind of sick nightmare.

I looked away from him, turning my face to the side as I felt tears swell up in my eyes. Sidney noticed anyway. "Are you hurt? Do you need to see a doctor? We can go now. I'll even call Evgeni if you want." His voice was panicked as he brushed some dark hair away from my face. I knew I must of looked really out of it, seeing as he actually offered to call Evgeni.

I met his eyes again, the unshed tears still there. "There's nothing wrong with me. Physically, atleast." I sighed and slowly sat up. He let me this time but I could feel him watching me like a hawk.

One tear made its face down my cheek and I didn't bother to wipe it, not wanting to draw attention to it. I didn't want anybody to see me this weak. "Zaria." He said my name cautiously. I glanced over at him, no more tears coming. I knew by the look in his expressive eyes that he saw the first one. "What happened during the phone call?" He questioned, proving to me once again at how observant he really was.

I furrowed my eye brows and closed my eyes. "My mom died today." I whispered, not wanting to beat around the bush. The hole in my chest seemed to triple in size as those 4 words left my mouth.

I didn't hear any sounds from him. I opened my eyes as he stood up, gently picking me up, bridal style. That was the second time this has happened in the past day. He didn't say a word as he walked up the stairs.

We got to the bedroom and he set me down softly. I clenched my eyes shut. I felt his weight dip the bed down as he laid down, rolling me over to face him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me as tight as he could to his chest. I breathed in his perfect scent, wanting the aching to go away.

His hand stroked my messy hair, and I relaxed into him. "I'm not going to ask if you're alright," he began, continuing to touch my hair. "Because that would be a stupid question. I'm here for you." He whispered as I nodded, not trusting my voice.

"It's always darkest before the dawn." He murmured, trying to comfort me. I rolled away from him, breaking all skin contact. "My world is unraveling and all I can do is sit here and watch.." I spoke, my voice hollow and cold. His hand rubbed my back.

"You're not watching it alone." He told me he would help me, in his Sidney way.

"Спасибо." (Thank you) I whispered in the language I had only ever spoken to the ones closest to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler! But thank you for the 5 comments! You guys are dolls!

Comment and tell me what you think is going to happen or your thoughts on Sidney now :-)

Share your thoughts!