Status: feedback for updates(:

Your Cheating Heart Will Tell On You

Memories

"Do you need me to call a taxi or?" Sidney asked as we stood in front of the airport. I looked over and shook my head. "I texted my brother before we took off. He said he'd send someone to get us."

It was beautiful out, dark and warm, enough though it was only March. I breathed in the comforting air and felt more at home than I had since I left here. I cradled my swollen hand to my chest, not even feeling the sharp pain anymore. Just a dull ache. It was an easy thing to ignore, with all the other pain I was feeling right now.

I took my bag and walked over to a bench, hearing Sidney's footsteps as he followed me. I plopped down and he took a seat next to me. I looked at the bag he had hastily packed and felt my face heat up. He was willing to travel with me, on extremely short notice, to a place I didn't even want to go to. He really wasn't the badass he came off to be. Underneath all the anger he had, he was a sweet guy.

A car pulled in front of us, splashing some mud on Sidney's shoes. I looked down and groaned, but smiled, showing he didn't really care. I recognized the car; it was my Audi A4. The first car I ever owned. I squinted but couldn't see the driver until he opened the door, walking around the front of the car.

He was extremely handsome, had shaggy black hair, probably about 6 feet tall and a muscular body. I smiled at my little brother. I'm not sure I would've recognize him, if not for those piercing green eyes we shared.

He looked tired and his eyes held an aching sadness, similar to the one I was feeling now. Tears pooled in my eyes, seeing how nicely he grew up without me.

I sprang forward and his arms encircled me in a hug. My head was in his neck, and his chin on the top of my head. Tears streamed down my face, soaking his t shirt. I pulled back and looked up at him. He turned one corner of his lips up; I was so relieved that he didn't seem to be too mad at me for leaving.

I retracted my arms and yelped in pain, completely forgetting about my hand. "Fuck." I cursed under my breath and held it close to my body.

Alex looked at my hand and winced. "What happened?" His deep voice asked and it still shocked me at how grown up he was. I felt like a proud mother.

"Boyfriend and I got into a fight. No biggy though." I blurted out, quite stupidly. Alex's angry eyes looked past me and I looked too, wondering what he was staring at. Sidney stood there, my bag on his shoulder and his bag in his hand. I had completely forgotten he was there.

Alex looked like he was about to blow, with all the sadness he was feeling and the fact that I just told him some guy broke my hand. "He's not my boyfriend." I spoke quickly, not wanting to see a fight break out. That was the last thing any of us needed.

He visibly relaxed and smiled gently at Sidney. "Nice to meet you, now that I know you didn't break my sisters hand." Alex tried to joke but he just sounded so damn broken.

Sidney gave him a polite smile. "Wouldn't imagine doing such a thing to the pretty lady." His eyes slid to me and he smirked. The Sidney I knew was back. Alex raised his eyebrows but just shook his head, not questioning Sid's obvious flirting.

Soon enough the small amount of luggage was loaded and I was in the passenger seat as Alex drove, with Sidney in the back. Alex had one hand on the wheel and the other on the gear stick. I placed my good hand gently over his, giving it a gentle squeeze. I knew how much pain he was in; I felt the same, though he probably got the full blow of it.

He glanced at me as we drove through the dark streets, giving me a grateful smile. I was overjoyed to see that he could still smile like that. His smile was one of the things about him that didn't change; one of the things that made him, well him.

"Zaria?" He asked, timidly. I looked at him as he focused on the road, his foot jttering nervously. "Yes?" I responded as he swallowed, his nervousness making me worried.

"Dad is flying in the from Russia." He blurted out, my hand clenching by my side as I stared out the window.

I laughed, a hysterical and bitter sound. I only put up with my father to see my grandmother, whenever I visited Russia. The last time I went, Evgeni and I only had to have one awkward dinner with him.

Well, I pondered, this is going to suck even more now.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Lazlo Czar.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't be silent! thanks to the lovelies who have been telling me what they think<3 I love reading them :)