Status: Completed. Hope you like it!

Fate.

Chapter 21

Grammy day is finally here. We had to fly to Los Angeles to attend. I have been a nervous wreck all week. Every single detail has been handled. I picked the dress and I hired a hair and make-up stylist to prepare. I know every step and note of the song I am to sing. Over the last couple of weeks I have really fallen in love with this song. Of course, it’s a love song named Never Land because of the lyrics. I cant wait for this performance to be over. I hope everything goes perfect.

“So how are you?” I turned in my chair to face Dre. I gave him what I wanted to be a confident smile. He just laughed a little so I know I failed. “Don’t over think it. You will be fine.” I knew he was right but it didn’t stop the butterflies from flying all over. So I just nodded my head in response. I don’t trust my voice right now. Dre came into the room and hugged me. “Myk, It’s time to go.” I pulled away at the sound of Dean’s voice. Dre left the room as I stood and faced the mirror. Oh yeah I look damn good. I am so ready for these cameras.

As we headed down the hall a thought occurred to me. “Hey Dean, have you heard anything about the incident?” After a moment of silence I looked over to Dean. He looked a little uncomfortable. The took me by surprise. I stopped in my tracks causing him to stop on a step later. I had never seen Dean make this face before. “What is it?” I whispered to him. He instantly raised his hands in surrender. “Mr. Jackson asked me not to say anything.” I could feel the confusion surround me. Why would Curtis do that? Now that I’m thinking of it the label’s firm never called me back. I need to talk to Curtis alone.

We finally reached the lobby of the hotel. As soon as I stepped off I heard cat calls and someone howling like a wolf. I looked around noticing that most of G-Unit and D12 are here. Being so used to it I just flipped my hair. “I know right!” We all had a great laugh. Then Dean yelled that the limos were here. Automatically, I looked around for Curtis. My brow furrowed. Where in the hell is he? I seriously don’t see him any where. Someone touched my arm. I whirled around expecting to see Curtis but it was Dean. Before I could ask he spoke up. “He left already. He wants you to ride with me. He’s going to meet you there.” Still confused I headed out with Dean.

There is such a long line of cars. We could possibly make it in time for the awards. I was seated in the back of Dean’s all black Tahoe. We were about two blocks down from our destination. Suddenly a car pulls up on the side of us. Curtis gets out, he is then in-between Dean’s car and the other. No one could see him from this position. Dean hit’s the locks quickly and Curtis gets in. He doesn’t look at me just faces the front. I don’t say a word. Just stare at the side of his face. What the hell is going on?

By the time we are a block away he still doesn’t say a thing. “Curtis.” When he looks at me I continue. “I want, so badly, to ask you where you’ve been. But I wont. What I really want to know is why Dean was told not to tell me about the incident.” He turned to look out the front window and sighed. “Cause I don’t want you gettin in the middle. Some people got it out for me. Plain and simple. Please leave this alone. Let me take care of it. Okay.” He turned back to me. I just nodded once and turned to look back out the window. I never allowed myself to think about the fact he has another side to him. Dangerous even.

I could still feel his eyes on me as Dean stopped the car at the red carpet. Someone on the sidewalk opened the door. There stood a man with a tuxedo on. I took the hand he held out to me. I stepped out into the cool air. Cameras started to go crazy. Curtis was out of the car in a flash. He threw an arm around my waist and put the other in his pocket. We made our way down the red carpet. Doing many interviews and taking even more pictures. Finally were in the building and being seated.

Everyone who anyone was here tonight. I have to say that I should have been actress. I kept my outer self cool calm and collected. On the inside was a different story. I was totally geeking out!!! I could see Kerry Washington, Pink, Bruno Mars, George Clooney, Shemar Moore, Fun, Maroon 5, Brad Pitt. Well you get the idea! Never in a million years would I have ever thought that I would be here. Jeez!

Finally the time came for us to perform. I walked out on to stage with my stage outfit on. The set up was the only thing hiding me from the audience. The nerves just increased by ten fold. Curtis came over to me and looked into my eyes. He then leaned down a bit and kissed me. “I love you babe. You can do this.” Then he was gone. Someone introduced Curtis as the next act and the beat began to play.

‘You could be my lost boy and I could be your girl
You and me both against the world
don’t care about a thing as long as you’re there
You and me against the world

Yeah its just you and me against the world
I’ll always be your man and you will always be my girl
Aint nobody gonna break us apart
You know you my one true love
Girl, you know you own my heart
don’t pay those groupies no mind
You’re the only one I wanna come home to at night
When I’m on the road, tired from show after show
Its your embrace I dream about
Where you are is home

You could be my lost boy and I could be your girl
You and me both against the world
don’t care about a thing as long as you’re there
You and me both against the world’

I finished of the end of the chorus. The crowd is going nuts! I’m looking out on the audience. Everyone is jumping from their seats. I cant help the huge smile that came over my face. I turned to Curtis but he was no longer standing at my side. Then I looked down. There he is on one knee. My hands instinctively flew to my mouth and my eyes bulged out. He is holding up a modest diamond ring inside a black ring box.

I took a hesitant step back before I stopped myself. He raised the mic to his mouth. Before he spoke he smiled at me. “Mykaela Unique Washington” Part of my brain realized that the room had gone quiet. “Will you marry me?” My entire body is shaking from that question. I already knew I was going to say yes. Just to finally hear it. I exhaled shakily as the tears began to ruin my vision. I brought the mic, clearly shaking in my hand, to my mouth. “Of course!” I wiped the tears from my eyes. Messing up the make-up no doubt.

He got up from his perch and I stepped closer to him. He put the ring on my finger and kissed me like there was no one else in the world with us. Once we pulled away I turned my hand out to show everyone. At the same time he pumped his fist in the air. I laughed a little and the crew came on stage to congratulate us.

Once we were back stage more interviewers asked many questions. There were congratulations thrown at us from everywhere. Of course everyone wanted to know when the big day would be. I mean come one we just got in engaged. After I changed back into my original gown we all went back to our seats. It wasn’t much longer before the night came to an end. Curtis took home best song. Marshall won for Best Hip Hop which Dre accepted on his behalf. We stopped at several after parties before going home. I couldn’t wait to call Asia and tell her this.