Skate on Over

Chapter 2: The Start of Something New

The Blackhawks locker room is beautiful. I'm sure coach would want to update ours now that she has seen this. It was pretty clean for hosting over a dozen men. Smelly men. I kind of liked the smell of it, it really shows the dedication the team has.
"Kay! Come look at the showers!" one of my teammates was smiling and pointing to the direction of the bathroom.
"Grow up Madison! I know you only care about who goes inside those showers!" I yelled jokingly to our junior left fielder. She laughed, right as the cameras from ESPN captured our conversation.
"Here they come!" Jordyn screeched.
The boys came in their pregame clothes, they must have changed out of their suits earlier. The cameras were looking for the giggling reactions of my teammates, and I couldn't stop smiling. One by one we met the players and took tons of pictures and got autographs, others commented on us winning the NCAA Championship in 2010 and watching us on TV last season. I kept scanning the room for Patrick, but couldn't find him anywhere.
"Kaylynn, there he is!" Alexis whispered to me. His blue eyes met with mine, and he smiled his beautiful smile. My cheeks turned bright red.
"Hey, I'm Patrick. Have I seen you before?"
"You might have." I smirked at him.
"I think I have seen you on TV!" He said, and his voice changed an octave.
I laughed and explained the whole softball thing for what felt like the hundredth time.
"Quit hogging him!" Carmen said as she turned to take a photo of the two of us and then turned the camera around to put herself in the photo.
We stayed in the locker room for only twenty minutes, and soon had to go change into our LA tshirts and find our seat. I couldn't stop smiling and all my girls could tell that something changed in me.
"Kaylynn and Patrick sitting in a tree..." Carmen started as we were walking to our seats.
"K-I-S-S-I-N-G" Alexis finished.
"HA! You guys are so funny!" The sarcasm was easily detected in my tone. I couldn't help but think that there was some sort of spark between us. As we found our seats and waited for the game, my heart and my head were having a heated battle. Patrick was really cute, and was super nice to me, but I know his reputation and definitely didn't want to be just another girl he would fuck and then leave. I'm not that type of girl. I pushed away the thoughts of Patrick and watched as the purple jerseys battled with the white jerseys of the Blackhawks.
♠ ♠ ♠
It will get juicy soon!!