Status: Complete <3

Steam Punk Goggles and Ink Stained Hands

Go Ahead And Tell Your Story

BARRONE’S POV

~

I led Drew around to the back of my house, where there was a slightly worn out bench we could sit on without my mother being able to see or hear us. As we walked under the barely visible stars, I grasped Drew’s hands in mine. I wasn’t used to having someone whose hand I could hold for comfort and because of that, I held Drew’s hand whenever I could.

We settled on the bench, making me wince slightly when it produced a small creak. I relaxed though when I realised there was no way she would hear it.

Besides, she’s probably passed out somewhere in the house with a bottle of vodka or gin in her hand; I could probably hold a Metallica concert in my room and she’d be none the wiser.

Drew looked at me expectantly once we’d settled, still clutching my hand tightly.

“So, there are some things I need to tell you. Things I’ve never told anyone. I feel that I should tell you know rather than keep a load of secrets, so just, um, hear me out, okay? Here goes. Well, I had a great time with your parents and I’d love for you to meet my parents, except that I don’t think that can happen. Because, um… you see, my mum, she’s nowhere near as… accepting as your parents are, in other words, she’s a massive homophobe. If she found out I had a boyfriend…” I trailed off, not quite ready to tell him the sort of things that would happen. I just hoped he’d take the hint and not pry.

Thankfully, Drew just squeezed my hand and nodded in understanding.

“Um, you don’t have to answer if it’s a sensitive subject or anything, but, what about your dad, you haven’t mentioned him…” Drew asked cautiously, like he was afraid he’d said the wrong thing. I thought about my response for a second before realising there’s only really one honest one I could give.

“My dad? I’ve never really known him, he left when I was little; I’ve not seen him since…” I admitted, looking down and noticing the way our legs were aligned with each other’s and how our entwined hands were resting over the top.

Drew murmured something that sounded like ‘I’m sorry’; he obviously didn’t want to push me anymore on the topic. Not that he was pushing me, but he clearly felt like it wasn’t his business. He switched topics back to my mum, and chose to ask about her again instead.

“So, it’d be best if we were just friends in her eyes? Or would you rather we didn’t meet at all? Because I don’t mind, if that’s what you’re comfortable with” he asked, making me smile.

He’s so considerate and caring; I swear to God, he’s amazing!

“That could work, if you still want to meet her or even if you didn’t and just wanted to hang out at mine, then that’s fine, we just have to be careful” I said, hoping that this would make it a little bit better. After all, I didn’t want him to feel like I was ashamed of our relationship, but this was the best I could offer. It was much more than I’d ever do for anyone else, but Drew was different. And I would put myself out of my comfort zone to make him happy, as long as it didn’t put him in danger. This was why I had to think about it for a minute. There was no way of knowing if my mother was going to be in ‘one of those moods’, so I would need to check before I let him in. But if he came round and she was, I couldn’t just tell him he’d have to leave, or he’d figure out something was up. In that case, I’d have to work out a way for him to come after I’d checked, and then if she was in a mood I could just text him to re-schedule and say I forgot I had to go to the dentist or something.

“That sounds great, Barrone!” he agreed, darting up to kiss my cheek quickly before calming himself down again. Even in the low light, I could see him blushing.

“Brilliant, how about on Wednesday you come over, then? If you come about an hour after detention ends then I’ll have time to walk home and change before you arrive” And check the situation at home…

“Cool, I’ll check if that’s okay with my mum when I get back. Oh! Speaking of getting back, I should probably start heading home, it’s dark and they’ll probably wonder where I am” he said, an apologetic look on his face.

“It’s okay, I understand. I’ll see you at school then, yeah?” I asked, internally cheering because I’d finally have something about school to look forward too.

“Of course. And by the way, Barrone, thanks” he said as he stood from the bench. He didn’t walk away though, he just stood up in front of me, gazing down at me with an adoring expression.

“For what?” I asked, wondering why he would need to thank me. Surely I should be the one thanking him?

“For opening up to me, that must have been really hard” He bent down to kiss me lovingly on the lips before pulling himself up again. Just as he was about to leave, I caught hold of his sleeve, stopping him again.

“You’re welcome. And thank you - for understanding” he moved his wrist so that he could take my hand and give it one last squeeze before leaving.

As I walked back into the house, I kept one thought in my mind.

On Monday, I’ll see Drew again, just one more day, and his hand will be in mine again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, we've learnt a bit more about Barrone's family life!

Next couple of chapters will focus a bit more on Laurence and Kier, before we go to Barrone's house :)

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt