Status: ((hopefully)) regular updates

Secondhand

Chapter 26

Austin stood beside me, arm around my waist as we walked into the police station. This was it. All the torture caused by not knowing who was behind all this would finally end as soon as we talked to an officer.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"Yes. I don't want to run from this."

"I'm right here, okay? Always," he whispered in my ear as we walked through the doors.

I nuzzled my nose against his briefly as we entered the lobby. Taking in my surroundings, I walked up to the desk that looked to be where a receptionist would work, if there actually was one. I looked at Austin and he just shrugged, looking around as well.

"Hello, can I help you?" asked a man in uniform who had emerged from a hallway to our left.

"Uh, y-yeah. We just got a call about half an hour ago to come down here?"

"Alan Ashby?"

"Yes, sir."

"Ah. Nice to meet you. Yes. After looking into your case some more, we were able to apprehend the individuals who appeared to be involved."

"H-how many of them were there?"

"Three. Two men and a woman. They're in the questioning room now. Would you like to talk to them, Mr. Ashby?"

"It's Alan, please. I... I think I would, yes. They won't be released soon, will they?"

"No, not for some time. You can speak to them in the questioning room, if you'd like."

"Yes. C-can Austin come too?"

The officer directed his attention to Austin and looked at him through scrutinizing eyes. Looking hesitant, he nodded.

"I'm probably not supposed to let him, but I think I can make an exception."

"Thank you."

"Of course. It's the door on your left here."

I nodded and Austin took my hand, leading me over to the door as the officer disappeared.

"You ready?"

"I think so."

"Really?"

"Yes. The sooner I find out, the sooner this can all end."

Austin nodded in response and gave a small but reassuring smile before pushing open the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow im actually in a really good mood so here have a little chapter. I know it's short but it's what I could get done while they're fixing my internet. hopefully I can update again later tonight and possibly finish this story!