Status: working on it

Faith Will Find a Way

Who can save me now?

Someone once asked me why I write. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure why. Or at least, I wasn't sure why until I was laying in bed at 1 AM, staring up at the stars through my open window on a warm summer night. I thought about what it would be like to have Andy laying beside me. What would it feel like to have his arms snake around my waist as he pulled me in close to him? And then I realized why I write. I am lonely. Sometimes, writers are the loneliest people you could meet. The stronger the bond between two of their most romantically involved characters are, the more alone the author really feels.

Vero closed her writer's notebook and set it down next to her bed before scooting under the blankets and wrapping herself in warmth. She thought of her kiss with Andy and felt the fuzziness grow inside her stomach as she let a slight girlish squeal escape from her lips. He just made her so happy and she hadn't been happy in such a long time.

Andy had promised he would invite her out to see him again once his tour was over, and that promise was the one thing keeping her from doing anything bad that night. She closed her eyes, and fell asleep with a smile on her face for the first time in four years.

The next day, she woke up to an empty house. Her mom and brother had gone out to run some sort of errands. She called Farrah, but she wasn't picking up. Vero was left with a cold house, and wandering thoughts.

To clear her mind, she decided to bundle up and take a walk in the small winter wonderland that had formed outside her window over night. She pretended Andy was with her, holding her hand as they walked along the snow covered path. The sky was light but there was no sun. It seemed that all she ever did now a days was think about Andy, or imagine Andy being with her. She couldn't get her mind to focus on anything other than Andy. She missed him, and wanted to see him again. She wanted it more than anything in the world. What she didn't know yet was her wish was about to come true in the most horrifying way possible.

On her way back to her house, a fire truck zoomed by her, sirens screaming. She watched as it turned down the street that led to her neighborhood. Her eyes widened and she ran. The thick snow slowed her down but she pushed through. The icy air punctured her lungs as she breathed in and out heavily, trying desperately to get to her house as fast as possible.

"It could be the neighbors house for all I know" She breathed as she jumped out of the snow and booked it down her street. She could see the thick, black smoke rising from one of the houses further down, but she couldn't tell which one it was. As she got closer, a police officer stopped her.

"Miss, you can't go down there. It's too dangerous." The police officer said, holding his arm out in front of her so she wouldn't go past him.

"But my house is right down there." She pointed. "Do you know the house number of the fire?"

"78" The police man stated and watched Vero's face turn pale. "Is... Is that your house?" He asked tentatively.

Vero nodded, unsure of what else to say.

The police officer grimaced, "Come with me. I'll escort you down there."

She followed him a few feet down the street and arrived in front of her burning house. The flames engulfed the inside, with a few glimpses peaking out from the windows. The smoke was thick and black, billowing up and out. She fell to her knees on the cold, wet pavement, too weak to stand. She put her phone to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked, when someone had picked up. "Andy, something happened. And I don't know what to do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Vero's gonna hate me but yolo

Shout outs:

-ashmo24279
-Star Angel
-lalastar