Status: working on it

Faith Will Find a Way

For the first time

A picture is frozen time.
A picture can hold haunted memories
Or it can hold your entire world.
The picture in front of me,
Worn and crinkled,
Holds my world.

The picture in my calloused hands
Holds the secret to my life.
The picture is of him;
Smiling back at me with those beautiful blue eyes.

I run my fingers over his printed face
And let my tears stain the colored ink.
This synthetic love is all that I have left.


"Andy?" There was a knock on the bus door.

Andy quickly closed the notebook and tucked it under his pillow. "Yeah, coming!" He called back.

At the sound of his voice, Vero's heart skipped a beat. She was going to see him again for the second time, and she was more than excited.

He opened the door to the bus and Vero almost became weak at the knees. His hair was all ruffled in a tired way, his eyes were lighter than normal and his smile was more crooked and sexier than it had ever been. His tank top was disheveled, showing a lot more skin than intended, and his pants had sections take out at the knees and mid thigh.

He lightly laughed. "Hey, it's you again!" His voice sounded so upbeat. He sounded happy to see her.

"Andy, where's CC?" Farrah asked. Farrah was not about to let her man get away from her.

"He's in the back, hold on." Andy smiled wider. "Hey, CC?" He turned and called back to him.

They heard a bit of a ruckus as CC stumbled out into the hallway and down to the door where Andy was standing. Farrah grinned at the sight of the sleepy CC.

"Sorry, I was napping." He said in his groggy, tired voice.

Farrah almost had a stroke when she heard how tired and sexy his voice sounded. "Come with me!" She took his hand and pulled him down the stairs with her and away from the bus. Where they were going, only Farrah knew.

"Well, I found that girl you were looking for, Andy. She's all yours." Sarah handed Vero off to Andy.

Vero glanced back at Sarah leaving, as she shut the door behind them. "Don't worry," Andy said. "I'll take good care of you."

He took her trembling hand and led her to his bunk. His intentions were pure, but his mind was spinning with thoughts.

From beneath his pillow, he revealed to her the missing writer's journal. "You left this a few months back." He handed it to her.

She looked at the small notebook in her hands, turning it over a couple times. There was a single question burning in her mind. "Did you... Did you read it?" She looked up at him from behind her long, brown bangs.

He hesitated, and then took the journal out of her hands. He opened it to the poem she had written and placed the journal back in her lap. "You write so beautifully." He said. "The inside of your mind must be a terrible place."

Vero felt a tear slip out of the corner of her eye as he said this to her. It was true, the inside of her mind wasn't somewhere everyone would like to be.

He took the journal back and flipped a few pages, leaving it on the story. He placed it back in her lap. "Did you leave the status of our story as 'unwritten' because in real life, our story isn't over yet?"

She looked up at him through her bangs again, and watched him reach over and push them to the side, tucking the loose strands behind her ear. She could feel her heart racing and her hands shaking. Her lips parted instinctively and his hands gravitated towards her waist. His nose bumped into hers as their lips met for the very first time.
♠ ♠ ♠
LOVE ME.

Shout outs:

-cr3ature_
-TheProphet

Slight correction on my last author's note. Vero is my best friend; not "like" my best friend. (according to her.)

Anyway, thank you guys for your comments! Much appreciated!