Status: Ugh... Writer's block :/ Not really good with updates (sorry)

I Can't Remember the Good Old Days

Waking Up

He slowly opened his eyes, instinctively taking his arm up to shield his face from the excessive light. His arm felt incredibly heavy and he could barely moved his legs. He suddenly feels cold and tried to pull his blanket up, but something tugs at his wrist. That makes him panic and quickly looks to his side and not only notices the IV on his wrist, but he also realizes that he's not on his bed, or in his room. He's not even in his house. The room is white and so are the bed sheets; there were two doors and the room was pretty small. It didn't take much for him to notice he was at the hospital. He started looking around for something that looked like a button. Hospital rooms normally have a thing that's used to call the nurse, right? He finally found it and pressed various times, feeling more and more frustrated as the minutes passed. 
 
A nurse came in running and stared at him for a few seconds before grinning widely. "You're up!" She exclaimed happily. He meant to say 'Of course I'm fucking awake, now, would you care to explain why the fuck I'm here?' But he was coughing as soon as the first syllable came out. His throat felt dry and his voice unused. The girl quickly ran out the small hospital room and came back in in no time with a glass of water. She handed it to his and he drank it all in one go. Water had never felt so good. He took a big breath before he tried saying something once again. "Why am I here?" He asked and the young nurse looked at him with apologetic eyes. "Honey, what's the last thing you remember?" She asked softly. It was kind of comforting. "Uhm... I remember going to my friend's house to hang out..." He said, looking lost and confused. "And when do you think that happened?" She continued with the interrogation. "Yesterday?" even though he was almost sure that happened the day before, the nurse's expression and questions made him doubt. She sighted "Do you, by any chance, remember the exact date?". He shook his head no. The girl nodded and ran outside to talk to another nurse. "Call Lisa and Matt, tell them he woke up" he heard her say. "He woke up?! It didn't last much apparently... Any loss?" The other nurse asked. "I'm still not sure, I need to call Dr.O'Callaghan so he can ask him everything they need to know... He's a lucky boy, not many people would even survive".  
 
The nurse came back in, smiling at him "My name is Taylor, but you can call me Tay, I'm gonna be your nurse... Now, I know you must be getting sick of my questions, but you had quite a fall and we need to make sure everything's fine with your brain, okay?" He nodded. "Okay, so... What's your full name?" "Alexander William Gaskarth" he answered, watching her write it on a paper. "Birth date?" "December 14, 1987" she nodded, writing it on a paper. She asked a few basic stuff, like social security number and id, she told him that the doctor was going to ask him more questions in a while.

"YOU'RE UP!" someone nearly yelled from the door, startling him. "Shhhh!" many nurses and doctors hissed, making Taylor chuckle. "Calm down, honey, you don't even know his name" she said, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Right… What's your name?" she asked, looking way too happy. "A-Alex… sorry, but, uhm, who are you?" he asked shyly. "I'm Lisa, I'm the one who brought you to the hospital… and Matt, but he isn't here yet" Alex just nodded, slowly processing everything. "You're all exclaiming how I woke up… exactly, how much time have I been asleep?" he was scared of the answer, but who wouldn't? "About… two weeks" Tay answered him and he sighted in relief. Being in a coma for two weeks wasn't a good thing, but he was expecting for her to say three years or some shit. He wondered why any of his friends were there. He concluded that the hospital didn't know who he was, therefore, they couldn’t call any of his loved ones.

Another nurse came in with a tray filled with food. He hadn't realized how hungry he was. He thanked her and started eating, not even caring how disgusting and desperate he looked. He had been eating through a tube for two weeks, for fuck's sake, he was allowed to enjoy his real food. "And… What date is today?" he asked with his mouth full. Tay made a disgusted face, but giggled anyway "May 20th." Alex's eyes got wide and he started choking, desperately reaching for the glass of water. Tay was helping him stop coughing and Lisa was staring at him worriedly. "What year?" he asked, still coughing slightly, "2013" both girls answered as if on cue. Tears started falling before he could stop them. "2013… it's been… I don't… fuck" he rambled, burying his face in his hands. Lisa moved next to him and rubbed his back, trying to comfort him. "I've forgotten a whole year" he finally mumbled, wiping the tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its really short... sorry about that
PLEASE comment and stuff to know if I should continue this or worry about other stuff and stories.