Status: Finished!

Blueberries

two

Come Monday morning, Vic hadn't called yet. I was beginning to grow worried that maybe he didn't want to talk to me anymore, though I didn't understand why. I hardly knew the guy! All we did was have a conversation in the middle of the grocery store and exchange numbers. I shouldn't be worried about some guy not calling me, especially since I had much bigger things to be concerned about.
Like right now, for example. It was 7:58 am and I had forgotten to set my alarm the night before, so here I was fumbling with the seat belt, trying to get it over Eli's small frame and into the cartridge. I sighed and pulled the belt harder, my hands shaking from the fact that I was in such a rush to get him to school.
He giggled at my frustration and pushed my hands away, but before I could protest, he secured the seat belt in and grinned smugly. "S'not that hard, daddy." he said.
I shook my head and closed the door, climbing into the front seat. I started the car and i no time we were heading down the road, on the way to the small elementary school a few blocks away. Eli is 6 years old, and in first grade. Since his birthday is in August, I was able to put him in school early, which made it much easier on me to work and support us than it would be if I had to care for him all day. Don't get me wrong, I love him with all my heart, but as much as i'd like to spend time with him I have to work much more.
"Put on that CD with the nurse lady, dad!" Eli's voice broke me out of my thoughts, and I glanced up at the rearview mirror to see him bouncing in his seat with his eyes looking back at me pleadingly.I chuckled and pulledout Blink-182's Enema Of The State, sliding it into the music player of the car. We'd often listen to this album on long car rides, and since he didn't know the name of the album, he called it 'the one with the nurse lady', which was pretty damn adorable if I do say so myself.
The opening chords to All The Small things started up, and Eli opened his move in preparation to sing along with Tom. He knew every word to this song, which made me very proud and it felt like at least i'd done something right.
"All the small things, true care, true brings!" he sung in his high voice, splaying his arms out as he did. The sight was so cute I decided to join in myself.
"I'll take one one, your ride best trip!" I sung, and I caught his grinning face in the mirror as we both continued our duet.
That's pretty much how the rest of the car ride went; both of us singing along to Blink as I tried to make it to his school as soon as humanly possible with so many cars on the road at this hour.
When we finally did, I was almost sorry that we had to end our fun time and that we had to be apart from each other for so long on one of my days off, though all I was really planning to do was clean up the apartment a little bit to remove all the clutter.
I got out and unbuckled his seat belt for him, then I lifted him out of the car and set him down on the sidewalk.
"Be a good boy at school today, alright kiddo?" I said, ruffling his long blonde hair. He nodded and hugged me, and I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his forehead.
"Bye, daddy." He said when he pulled apart from me, and I waved as I watched him walk off toward the building. I watched him until he went inside, then I hopped into my car and started up the engine again. Just as I did so, my phone rang on the seat next to me and the caller ID sprung up a number that looked familiar, but that I did not recognize.
I picked it up and frowned in confusion as it rang, but answered it anyway.
"Hello?" The voice at the other end spoke.
"Hello?" I repeated, not entirely recognizing the voice at the other end of the line.
"Kellin, it's Vic." the voice said, and I grinned at the fact that he hadn't decided to just not talk to me anymore.
"Hey Vic, what's up?" I said, leaning back in my seat.
"nothing much," he replied, "just lounging around. Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go get some coffee with me."
"What about Eva?" I asked him.
"She's at daycare right now, so it'll just be us." If I wasn't mistaken, I swear I heard a smile in his voice.
"Alright, sounds good to me. How about the cafe on fifth avenue? They serve amazing coffee."
"Sure. See you soon, Kellin." he said before hanging up.
I set my phone down on the seat again and looked out the window. Was this a date? Or is this just two acquaintances having coffee?
Whatever it was, at least i'm seeing Vic again. I couldnt help the smile that formed on my face as I started my car up again.
♠ ♠ ♠
the next chapter will be interesting, but a bit of Elias/Kellin cuteness to start us off. Comment! <3