Status: finished :)

New City, New Place, New Me

Chapter 1

MAX POV

Today was the day that myself (Maxine, Max is preferred) ad my best friend Lucy were moving to America for what they call 12th grade. I am 16 but turning 17 in a couple of weeks. The reason we are going out there is because it is some exchange programme but we went around there in the summer holidays and thought we might as well stay there for a couple of years. I am determined to have fun whilst im here, make some new friends and actually stick by them Make a new me. We were going to Las Vegas, Nevada. However first we had to get the 10 hour flight. This was going to be fun.

BRENDON POV

Today was the first day back at school. We didn’t really do a lot just my friends and band mates (Ryan, Spencer and Jon) mucked about until we got called out at lunch to speak to one of the main teachers. He told us about this exchange programme that was going on from another country and that 2 students were coming to live over in the apartment block that we lived in and would be coming to this school. He said he didn’t know what country they were from or what gender they were but it was our job to look after them. We all agreed and got told to pick them up from the airport early tomorrow morning.

MAX POV

We finally made it to the airport and collected our bags and went to look for the people picking us up. We got told they were 4 students from the school who lived in the same apartment block as us, in fact i think they lived next door to us. I couldn’t believe how excited Lucy was to meet these new people.
“COME ON HURRY UP!” Lucy practically shouted next to me “we don’t want to keep them waiting”
I rolled my eyes “look im gonna go pee, you go and find them”
I walked into the bathroom and did my business and came out looking at the mirror. For a 10 hour flight i didn’t look half bad. I walked out and realised how many people there were in the waiting area. I couldn’t possibly find Lucy. Well that was until she literally ran into me with excitement at the fact 4 boys were picking us up. She started taking me through the crowd of people crushing my arm with her strong hand.

BRENDON POV

We were holding a sign that said exchange students that are coming. Bad sign i know but they didn’t give names. Suddenly Ryan nudged me at the fact a girl came nearly skipping over with a smile plastered on her face. Ryan whispered into my ear ‘dibs’ i just laughed and took one of my headphones out. She introduced herself as Lucy and she was from England. Suddenly her face dropped as she left her bags on the floor
“let me go get my friend she is in the bathroom!” After she left all of us stood there wondering what these 2 were going to be like. I knew Ryan was ecstatic about Lucy, Spencer and Jon not so much they were in relationships and Ryan has been single for quite a while so he was excited. Well we are the weirdo kids in the school so nothing much happens to us anyway. Suddenly one of my favourite songs came on so i turned the volume right up on my ipod not realising the other girl had arrived and already introduced herself to everyone. Jon nudged me and i lifted my head up
“sorry!” i said fumbling to put my headphones away as this girl just giggled at me and held out her hand for me to shake and i did so.
“my name is Maxine! But Max is preferred” she said with an amazing smile
I nodded “well hello Max. I am Brendon!” i picked up one of her suitcases as we made our way to the bus stops. We couldn’t fit us all in one car so might as well make the most of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you enjoy this opening chapter :D