Status: 5/23/2010- Working on another update! Time to get back on track with this! For realz! =)

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around

Non-believers

I rushed to Patricia’s side.

“PJ! PJ! Baby girl!” I said frantically. She groaned and started to roll over onto her back slowly.

“Matt?”

“Yeah, I’m right here.” I said cupping the side of her face.

“I don’t know what happened. I just started to feel a little nauseous and lighted headed, then… I don’t know what happened.” She said weakly trying to remember what happened.

“It’s ok. When was the last time you had something to eat?”

“Lunch time, I think.” That was hours ago.

“Did you hit your head?” I asked checking to make sure she didn’t have a concussion.

“I don’t think so. It doesn’t hurt.”

“Alright. Here come on.” I said wrapping my arms around her and scooping her up. I carried her back to her bed and set her down so she was sitting up. “I’m going to go get you some food, ok?”

“Mhmmm.” She said resting against her pillow. I think it was just low blood sugar that caused her to pass out.

I went downstairs to the kitchen and started trying to find some food for PJ. I took out some Steamers’ microwave vegetables. When they were done cooking I poured them into a bowl and grabbed a fork, and headed back upstairs. I handed the bowl to a thankful PJ, and watched her take a few bites. She immediately appeared stronger and more like her usual self. I took the empty bowl from her when she was finished.

“Thanks Mattie.” She smiled.

“Anything for you, baby girl.” I said softly before kissing her forehead as she yawned.

She crawled under the covers, and snuggled down. I tucked her in as she closed her eyes. I turned off her light and made my way downstairs putting the bowl and fork in the dishwasher, before turning it on. I made my way back upstairs stripping to my boxers and crawling into bed.

I woke up early in the morning and saw the sun hadn’t fully risen yet. I shuffled down the hall and saw PJ curled up on her side peacefully sleeping. I smiled as I returned to my room and hopped on my laptop.

Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people-


“Hey babe.” I smiled, even though Michelle couldn’t see.

“Hey, what do you have planned for today?”

“I’m probably going to hit the gym later, if PJ’s feeling alright.”

“She sick?”

“Not really, her blood sugar got really low yesterday so I want to make sure she’s alright first.”

“You’re so sweet.”

“I know.” I grinned.

“Modest much?” She laughed.

“Nope, not really.” I teased. “So, what are your plans for today?”

“I have to go to work for a few hours, and then I have to go with my parents to visit Aunt Betty. After that, I was thinking of calling Patricia to talk and bother her.”

“About Zacky?”

“Yep.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s fun.”

“And if she hangs up on you?”

“I’ll call back, or come over. That reminds me, how did your talk with Zacky go?”

“Good. I pretty much told him he’s one of my best friends, and if he ever does anything to PJ, or anything to hurt or upset her in any way, I’d kill him. I also told him that I trust him, and if he makes PJ happy then I’m ok with them going out, however there will be rules.”

“How’d he react?”

“He was a little nervous, but I think that’s because I told him in a serious tone. It wasn’t quite ‘I’m going to snap your neck’ tone, but it was still serious. He did seem kind of relieved, although I think that’s because he knew we were going to have to have a talk, and didn’t know what to anticipate. He was sorry if I was worried about her when they went out, he didn’t expect for them to leave so suddenly, or in this case, be dragged out the door by PJ. He also said that he would never do anything to hurt or upset PJ; he just wants her to be happy and safe. And I know that’s true, Z has always been good like that.”

“Yeah, he’s always been thoughtful.”

“Yep.”

We talked for a little bit longer before Michelle had to get ready for work. I checked my e-mail before going downstairs and doing some laundry. I was standing at the counter eating a bagel when I heard shuffling feet behind me. Turning around I saw a sleepy PJ entering the kitchen. She smiled at me before wrapping her arms around my middle, and resting her head on my chest. I kissed the top of her head.

“Feeling better?” She nodded. “I’m going to make a doctor’s appointment for you, ok?” Again, she just nodded pulling away.

“Thanks Mattie.” She smiled softly.

“Anything for you baby girl.” I kissed her forehead, before she went to the refrigerator to get herself some breakfast.

By the afternoon Patricia seemed to be doing well, so I went to the gym but told her I’d be calling to check on her, also to call me if she feels even a little sick. After working out I went home and showered. I made PJ a doctor’s appointment for a week from yesterday. I also started writing a new song. I like to write when I have motivation, and I feel motivated by what happened last night to PJ and how I felt.

“James Owen Sullivan! Put me down!” I heard Patricia shout before Jimmy emerged in the doorway with the body of my sister dangling over his shoulder.

“Hey Matt.”

“Hey Jimmy.”

“What’s up?”

“Not much, just writing a song. You?”

“Not much, nothing new.” He said sitting down next to me on the couch with PJ still over his shoulder, despite her protest as her head was being sandwiched between the couch and Jimmy’s lower back. “Ow, you bit me, Patricia Joan Sanders you kinky girl.” I smacked him.

“Don’t refer to my baby sister as kinky! Here, give her to me.” I said taking PJ and setting her beside me.

“Thank you Mattie. Time to go back to my macaroni and cheese.”

“Hey PJ, what would you do if you ran out of macaroni and cheese and the stores were closed?” Jimmy asked amused by PJ’s love for mac and cheese.

“I’d go into my emergency back-up box.” She stated matter-of-factly.

“You have an emergency back-up box?” He laughed.

“Yep.” She said turning around and walking away. Jimmy looked at me and I just shrugged.

“Your sister loves mac and cheese way too much.”

“It makes her happy. Plus she eats a lot of healthy foods too. So I’m happy with it.”

“She’s a freak.”

“She got it from you. Besides she’s my freak.”

“Technically she is Zacky’s freak now.”

“Dude, can we not go there right now.” I said still not fully comfortable with them dating.

“Awww is Mattie poo still sensitive about losing his baby sister.” Jimmy baby-talked pouting.

“I didn’t lose her. I just don’t want to get into it now. And leave her and Zacky alone. Things between them are still a bit awkward. They seem like they genuinely like each other, and I don’t want you or anyone else interfering with that. I don’t want to see either of them hurt, or their friendship ruined because of it.” I defended even though I wasn’t really too happy about it.

“You’re such a fun sucker.” He pouted. PJ pranced in with her bowl in hand and sat down next to me.

“Want some, Mattie?”

“No thanks, I’m good. What are you doing Saturday?” She shook her head which I took as meaning nothing.

“Why? What’d you have in mind?” She inquired after she swallowed the food in her mouth.

“The zoo.” I smiled as she got super excited and started bouncing around. The zoo is one of her favorite places of all time.

“I love the zoo!” Jimmy yelled. We both stopped and looked at him.

“That’s great. You’re not coming though.” PJ smiled sweetly.

He acted hurt, but we both knew he was joking. Suddenly PJ tackled me, and started strangling me in a hug. She kept saying she loves me.

“Baby girl, I love you too, but I can’t breathe.”

“Sorry.” She released me.

“It’s alright.” I kissed her cheek.

“Where’s my kiss?” Jimmy asked pointing at his cheek.

“I got your kiss right here.” PJ said raising her hand like she was going to slap him, as Jimmy came closer.

“Oh yeah, I’ll go all Kung Fu on your ass.”

“You wish.” Jimmy took that as a challenge and came at PJ. The two started doing Kung Fu moves on each other. I rolled my eyes and watched them turn Kung Fu into pillow fighting, then into wrestling. Jimmy screeching pulled me out of any thoughts I may have been thinking. I looked to see Patricia giving Jimmy a titty twister.

“You play dirty.”

“You play poorly.” PJ smiled twisting his nipple harder. “Admit defeat or suffer!” She twisted again. If Jimmy doesn’t let PJ win soon, he’s gonna lose his nipples. He was quiet except for some grunts as he squirmed around.

“Don’t kill each other while I’m gone.” I said getting up to answer the ringing phone.

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Matthew Sanders?”

“Yes, this is. Who is this?” I asked a bit defensively.

“This is Officer Martinez. Officer Zaller and I were at your house yesterday talking with your sister yesterday, Patricia. I just need to double checking some information.”

“Ok.” I said confused. When would he have talked to PJ? Why wouldn’t she tell me? But most importantly what the fuck is going on?!

“You and Patricia still both attend Huntington Beach High School regularly?”

“Yes.”

“Alright. Do either of you participate in any after school or extracurricular activities?”

“I’m in a band…”

“A school band a local band with some peers?”

“A local band with my friends.”

“Do you and your band travel regularly?”

“No.”

“Does your band practice regularly?”

“Yeah.”

“Where?”

“My house.”

“Ok. How often do you practice, and do you ever have practice at another member’s house?”

“We practice a few times a week, and we don’t practice anywhere else since all the gear is here.” Seriously, what the fuck is going on?”

“Alright. Thank you. And your sister doesn’t do anything?”

“She sells merch at our shows, and helps out with the band, but other than that no.”

“Ok. One last question, what is your band’s name?”

“Avenged Sevenfold.”

“Ok. Thank you Matthew.”

“No problem.”

“Good bye.”

“Bye.” Ok, that was beyond weird.

I hung up and walked into the living room where PJ and Jimmy were still messing around.

“Jimmy, can I talk to PJ for a minute…alone.”

“But we’re in the middle of-”

“There’s a Klondike bar in the back of the fridge.”

“Ooh.” He said hurriedly leaving the room. I looked over at PJ and could tell by her facial expression she knew I was unhappy, and was about to find out why.

“PJ, would you mind explaining to me why I just got a phone call from an Officer Martinez, who claims he and another officer came here and talked to you yesterday?” The look on her face let me know she knew what I was talking about, and she knew she was busted.

“They came by yesterday while we were eating lunch.”

“The lost people?”

“Yeah.”



“Go on.”

“They came by to remind me to lock the doors and windows.”

“And…?” I said knowing she was stalling.

“And…to let me know” she swallowed hard as her breathing became shaky and erratic. “That Christopher Thompson escaped from prison the night before.”

“WHAT?!?! He escaped! And you didn’t tell me?!?!” I boomed.

“I’m sorry Mattie.” She said her voice cracking as she started to cry.

“Sorry?! Sorry?! You couldn’t find one tiny fucking second to say ‘oh by the way Mattie, the guy who fucking raped me escaped from fucking prison!’”

“I’m sorry. I really am. I was going to. Honest.”

“When? When were you going to tell me?! When he fucking shows up at the front door ready for round two, or ready to fucking kill you!?!” I fumed.

“I’m sorry.” She sobbed before running upstairs and slamming her door.

“You lied, there wasn’t a Klondike bar in the fridge, but I did find a strawberry shortcake bar so it’s all good. Hey what’s wrong with Boo Boo Bear?” Jimmy said coming out of the kitchen. “Why’s Boo Boo Bear sad? Boo Boo Bear! Come on Boo Boo Bear, if you want we can share.” He said going upstairs to her door. She ignored him. “What’d you do to my Boo Boo Bear? You made my Boo Boo Bear sad. I’ll shun you like I shun the non-believers.” He said hissing as he walked passed me before leaving the house.

I knew I wasn’t really mad at PJ as I was at the fact that the vile monster who raped her was on the loose. PJ probably hates me right now, though I don’t blame her. I’d hate me too if I were her. I know this can’t be easy for her, especially with me screaming at her, though she really should have told me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hooray for an update!!! ^_^
A long update!!!
So I may not be able to work on the update too much this month since I am in North Carolina babysitting my cousins.
I'll try to get another update out as soon as possible!
Hope you liked it!
Let me know what you think! =)
Thanks to everyone who reads/comments/subscribes!
I love you all! =D