Status: New and exciting

Happily Never After

Goodbye

As the months few by, I found it harder and harder to keep this secret. I found myself falling for the wrong guy. I would watch Kris from the stands during practice, he’d smile now and then, but for the most part the poor thing seemed miserable. I pitied him. I really did. When I’d look at him, my heart would break. No one should have been treated like she treated him. That killed me. Then, my eyes would land on Max. He was so happy; I’ve never seen him as happy as he has been the last few months. It really killed me. When I would see him, and he’d smile, I knew it wasn’t because of me. I knew it wasn’t something that I did. “You coming?” It was such a simple question from Jack, he still didn’t know. He was one of the innocent. Just like Kris was. He really was the innocent. I wanted to claim innocence too. I wanted to look at Max one day, and scream and cry, and blame him for cheating on me. Then I realized that I wasn’t innocent, I was guilty. I was one third guilty in the party.

“Yeah.” Jack smiled at me, and took my hand to help me up. “You ok?” That was such a loaded question, that when he asked, it felt like he was taking a hammer, and beating my face with it. The next thing I knew the flood gates opened up, and I was clinging to Jack for my life. When his arms tightened around my waist, I could tell he was slightly confused, I mean at this point, who wouldn’t be. “Teddy?” He questioned bringing his hand up and placing it on the back of my head. “Teddy what is wrong?” He asked confused. I just held onto him, and cried. We slowly moved so we were sitting back down on the bench. “Teddy, hunny, what is wrong?” He asked and looked at me, pulling away so he could see my face. “Talk to me Teddy.” He said taking his thumb and wiping my eyes. I just shook my head, tears threatening to spill over, because I realized the second that I told him what is wrong, he’d hate me.

“Just, can we just go home?” I asked him taking a deep breath. He looked at me and sighed, and nodded. “Want me to get Max, let him know?” He asked and as soon as he said his name, more tears spilled from my eyes. “Ok, um, no Max.” He said and stood, helping me up, he wrapped his arm around my waist, and led me towards the cars. “So, how about this snow?” He asked awkwardly as we stepped outside. Fresh fallen snow laying on the ground, it made me feel like everything was wrong, I mean, it was March, it shouldn’t be snowing right? “Maybe we should go back to my place, have some coco and we will talk about it.” He said and I nodded. “That sounds perfect.” I said quietly.

As I sat on the old leather sofa at Jack’s house, drinking a glass of hot chocolate, watching the snow fall outside, I looked up at Jack who sat across from me in the chair. “So, want to talk about it?” He asked and I shook my head. Did I was to talk about it? No, of course not, I didn’t even want to think about it. Should I talk about it before it slowly ate my conscience away? Yes, and Jack could tell the internal battle that was going on inside my head. “Are you pregnant?” He asked looking at me; I furrowed my brow, “No.” He nodded, understandable relief shown on his face. “Are you fighting with Max?” He asked and I sighed, “Not exactly.” I said and he nodded. “Now we are getting somewhere.” He laughed. “Well, how about you tell me, I am not going to judge you, and I want you to know, there is nothing that could be wrong that I can’t help you fix.” Jack was such a great friend. I’ve known him since kindergarten; he had been there through thick and thin. “Ok, well let me start at the beginning…”

So that is exactly what I did, I started at the beginning. I told him everything. I poured my heart out to him, so he would know exactly how I felt. I could tell judging by his body language, he was angry, but the worst part of it, he didn’t seem to be just upset with me. I think he was blaming Max. Ok, well he was blaming Max, for everything. He didn’t seem to understand, that I was just as guilty as Max was. “So, do you want me to tell you the truth?” He asked looking at me with his eyes digging into my soul. I looked at him, taking a deep breath, prepared for him to let me have it. “Break it off with Max, and you shouldn’t speak to Kris anymore.” He said and I looked at him. “Do it in public, make a scene, that way Max has no way to make you change your mind.” He said and I sighed. “You hate me?” I asked after a minute. “No, I could never hate you, I am certainly not happy with you though.” He said and I nodded. I couldn’t blame him for that. I wasn’t happy with myself either.

“Max, we need to talk.” I said loudly, after practice, I even took the day off so I could just do this and get it over with. “Sure beautiful.” He said and walked over to me. “I feel like this isn’t working.” I said and his face fell. “What about…” He stopped before he said the wrong thing. “I just I can’t be with you anymore. I’m sorry, I am done.” I said and looked at him and I felt tears come to my eyes. “Good bye.” I said and turned on my heel, leaving a speechless looking Max, and a confused group of his team members. As I walked towards my car, I could hear the footsteps falling behind me. “What the hell was that?” Max asked and looked at me, his eyes were angry, his tone was worse. “I am not going to play this game any longer Max, I am done, goodbye.” I said and climbed into my car.

“So, how did it go?” Jack asked sitting across from me at lunch. “I don’t want to talk about it.” I said and he sighed. “Well, this is something we should all discuss.” Murphy said and I looked at him. “What is there to talk about, I fell for an ass.” I said and Murphy shook his head. “No, that isn’t it.” He said and I sighed. “What is then?” “Well, we should first talk about how you felt the need to want to break up a relationship, then after they were broken up, you went along with knowing the reason they broke up is because your pretend boyfriend couldn’t keep it in his pants.” Murphy snapped, he was angry, he should be, I would be at him. “No, what we need to discuss is why you had a sudden change of heart.” Aimee asked and I shook my head. “I just, I didn’t feel like it was right.” I said and Murphy looked at me, and rolled his eyes. “What happened, you realize messing with someone else’s life is no fun?” He asked, I hated him talking to me like this. “No, I realized that I wasn’t in love with Kris, I found him attractive, but we had nothing in common, he was just someone that I fell in love with, like I liked him for his celebrity.” I said my eyes cast down, as Aimee placed her hand on my arm. “The only difference between you and one of those sluts that hang around is the fact that you didn’t sleep with Kris.” I looked down, she was right. “So basically you realized that you were in love with Max.” Jack said and looked at me. “Yes.” I whispered.

There, I admitted it. I was head over heels in love with him. He was so wonderful when it was just me and him. He would make me laugh, and he would ask me about my day, he involved me in his life, hell; I’d even had a key to his house. When he would talk to me about her, from the start it bothered me; I just didn’t think I knew why until just now. It would bug me because I was in love with him. I didn’t want to know about how great she was, and how much better he was than Kris, his so called best friend. I hated him and yet I was so in love with him. I was just confused. I would look at myself and I didn’t like who looked back. I was horrible. I wanted nothing more than to throw myself in front of Kris, beg for his forgiveness, and tell him what Max did behind his back.

“Oh sweetie.” Murphy said and sighed; he placed his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” He said and looked around. “I guess, well, the thing is, you technically helped Max and his slut.” He said and I looked up at him. “I know, and I should tell Kris right?” I asked and looked around. “No.” Everyone said at one time. I was a little shocked. “You are done. No more communication with any of them. You are no longer going to even take Jack to work.” Murphy said and looked at me. I nodded, he was right. This was the right thing to do, but it just felt so wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all enjoyed.