Status: Updates vary, I write when I feel inspried:3

Still Strung out on You

Because I'm leaving what I know behind

It got to around nine o'clock before Alex's mom tried dragging him home. I didn't want him to go home. I wanted him to stay with me. There was a thunderstorm on the way, I could feel it, and I really hate being alone when there are thunderstorms. Alex used to always be at mine when they happened, and when we weren't talking it was hell. I tried to persuade her to let him stay, but of course she wouldn't listen to me. Why should she? She doesn't want me to be with her son. I mean, I can understand why and everything, but it's not like we were going to do anything anyway.

I was sat in the living room with my mom because we were giving Isobel and Alex alone time to talk. Isobel wanted to talk to him. I knew that she didn't want him to stay here. It was quiet for about ten minutes until all of a sudden Alex raised his voice a little.

"MOM! Just listen to me. Me and Jack are together whether you like it or not. I'm not going to leave him. You know that there was a forecast of a thunderstorm and you know he hates being alone when they are happening. I want to stay the night."
"Alex, you wasn't bothered about Jack being alone in thunderstorms when you weren't talking to him, why is it any different now? I'm sure he can look after himself."
"I did care, mom. I did. I couldn't go over because of the fact that we weren't talking and I thought he wouldn't want me to be there. It doesn't mean I didn't care."
"I don't care Alex. You're coming home with me."
"Fine. I'll come home, but I'm only going to come back here even if I have to walk in the storm."

I don't think his mom replied back to him, and if she did she must have said it quiet because I never heard her. However the next thing I knew there was a loud bang, indicating that Isobel had dragged Alex out of the front door without even saying bye to me or my mom. That woman. She has the worst temper ever. I can guarantee that Alex will stick to his word and come right back over here though. The sounds of a car starting up and speeding away proved to me that his mom really fucking hated me and the relationship that me and Alex have rekindled again.

Without realizing it, I let a few stray tears fall from my eyes because all I want is for Isobel to approve of mine and Alex's relationship. I know what I did last time was wrong, but I've learned from my mistakes. I know that I will do everything in my power to never hurt that boy again because he means oh so fucking much to me. I forgot that my mom was still in the room until I felt the chair next to me dip down as she sat next to me and pulled me into a hug.

"What's wrong sweetie?"
"Things didn't go as I planned for them, mom. I just, I don't want Isobel to hate me and I don't want her to disapprove of mine and Alex's relationship. I know what I did last time was wrong, but I've learned from that mistake. I swear I have."
"Jack, honey. Thing will be okay soon. I promise you. You'll just have to give things time. Isobel will come round to it eventually. In the meantime, just show Alex how much you really do love him."
"I will mom. I'm going to go to my room. If Alex comes back, just send him up."
"I will sweetie."

Just as I got upstairs the first roll of thunder came. I made a weird squealing noise and practically ran into my bedroom to hide under my covers. I guess it's weird to be afraid of thunder because it isn't like it can hurt you. I mean, it's just a noise. But it is so awfully loud, it's impossible not to be scared. I saw the flash of lightening and heard the lashing of the rain against my window. I crawled out of my bed and slowly walked up to my window to peer out. I wanted to see if I could see Alex. I was scared for him because he would be out in this weather and I really don't want him to get hurt. There was no sign of him as of yet though.

Another flash of lightening sent me running back in to my bed, just as my door opened. I pulled my cover over my head again, not even bothering to look up at who just opened my door. I felt a tugging at the edge of my duvet and the weight of someone sitting down. I leaped up out of bed and almost sent the person sat on my bed flying. Suddenly I heard a voice and I instantly calmed down because I knew who the voice belonged to.

"Woah, Jack. It's okay, it's just me. Calm down babe."
"Alex? Is that you?"
"Yeah, it's me. Who else would it be?"
"How did you get here? did you walk? Are you hurt? Are you cold? Do you need dry clothes? Oh my God, you're going to get hypothermia or something."
"Jack, Jack calm down! I'm fine I promise. Dry clothes wouldn't go amiss to be honest though, I'm freezing and I really need to get warm."
"Okay, um, two minutes let me get you some clean clothes. Find a movie and put it in, I'll come join you in a second."

I went to find some clean clothes from my drawer whilst Alex was going through my huge movie collection. I pulled out a pair of loose fitting gray jogging bottoms and a plain white tee and my favourite mickey mouse hoodie. I threw them over to Alex, telling him to put them on whilst I go downstairs and find some munch for us.

I raided the cupboards and found pringles, chocolate, muffins, sweets, and goldfish. I made up some hot chocolate putting whipped cream, sprinkles and mini marshmallows on top. I carried them all upstairs (taking two trips because I couldn't carry them all at once) and found that Alex had chosen The Notebook to watch. His reasoning was that he was "in a sentimental mood". It was either that, or he wanted to make me cry, either way I'll watch it anyway. Thunder sounded again so I made him press the play button whilst I snuggled into him, hiding my face every time I heard the crackle of thunder. Eventually, towards the end of the film after a whole bunch of tears, I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep, cuddling as close to Alex as I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's been a while, im sorry! i've kind of been caught up watching supernatural because I just started watching it and now I'm on season 2 episode 15 and it is such a heartbreakingly good tv show and also i had major writers block so im sorry :)))

I've also never watched the notebook, but apparently it makes a lot of people cry so i added that in there slightly haha

enjoy. Comment rec sub... thank you Gaskarthloveme for commenting :* <3

Lauren xx