This is the End of Everything

We Can See Their Flesh is Rotting.

We moved back to the tent in the morning. Daryl needed to take it easy today. We laid down on the sleeping bags. I already missed the bed. I looked over at Daryl, his eyes were closed.

"How are ya feelin?" Daryl asked, I knew he could feel my eyes on him.

"Meh, it's not terrible, but I still don't feel to awesome" I said. I looked down at my hands.

"Whats on yer mind?" Daryl asked looking over at me.

"Nothing" I said looking over to him.

"Something is, ya gotta tell me" Daryl said sitting up a little.

"Well, Lori is pregnant..." I said trailing off.

"Holy shit" Daryl said looking up.

"Yeah. Glenn knows. That night we took the walk, that's when we found out. Lori made me take a test with her so she would know it wasn't a false positive. And well, hers came out positive, so she started crying, and then I handed her my test, and she started crying even more because, well.....I'm pregnant too." I said looking away.

"And ya waited to tell me this?!" Daryl said looking at me.

"Well it's not exactly something you want to just tell everyone when the world is over run by walkers. And we needed to find Sophia, and then you got hurt. I didn't want to be like 'Hey look at me I'm pregnant!'" I said looking at Daryl.

"Yeah well, I would've rather ya tell me when you found out" Daryl said, he didn't sound mad.

"I know...What do you want to do about it?" I asked looking at him.

"That's not my choice" Daryl said pulling me towards him.

"Yeah, but it is your spawn that is growing inside of me right now" I said looking up at him.

"Well....it would be nice to have a miniature version of us running around." Daryl said with a smile.

I instantly felt better about all of this. I laid my head back down and we just held each other for what seemed like hours. We could hear Maggie yelling further away. I got up and noticed Maggie throwing something at Lori. I walked over and saw Lori, she seemed distraught.

"What just happened?" I asked looking at her.

"I sent Glenn to the pharmacy, Maggie went with, and she came back and threw the plan b pills at me." Lori said.

"Oh....Uh well I don't know what to tell you" I said looking at her.

"Have you told Daryl?" Lori asked looking around.

"Yeah, he took to pretty well. He likes the idea of having a mini him running around. Have you told Rick?" I asked Lori

She shook her head. Now I knew why Maggie was so mad. I just nodded and looked down.

"I hope you make the right choice for you" I said nodding and walking away.

I got back to the tent, Daryl was asleep. I crawled back in and laid down. Today was a day to just be lazy. I fell asleep shortly after getting back. I woke up in the middle of the night. I wasn't sure what time it was, but it seemed as if the sun was getting ready to rise. Daryl moved a little and looked at me.

"What are ya doing up sunshine?" Daryl asked, sleep still filled his voice.

"Just woke up. Guess I finally slept enough." I said stretching.

"Well thats always good." Daryl said looking at me.

There was a different look in his eyes. He seemed like he was even more loving. I couldn't be sure, maybe I'm just going crazy. I smiled at him. I felt his hand grab mine.

"Ya know I love you right?" Daryl said pulling me into him.

"Yeah, and you know I love you too" I said squeezing his hand.

"We can make it through this, having a baby ya know. It'll be hard, but if ya want to go through with it, I'll be there behind ya" Daryl said giving me a soft kiss.

I smiled and stood up. I needed to go and take a shower. Daryl stood up with me. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Where do you think your going?" I asked.

"With you to shower" Daryl said looking at me.

"You? Shower? No way. You've gone crazy" I said with a smile.

"Yeah yeah, shut up" Daryl said grabbing his clothes.

"Hm, I don't know if we can both fit in the shower. You may just have to stay out here." I said with a smile.

"Don't get cheeky with me, I gotta make sure these wounds heal up nicely" Daryl said looking over at me.

I made faces at him when he turned around. We grabbed our clothes and walked up to the house. Hershel was on the porch.

"Is it ok, if we use the shower?" I asked Hershel.

"Don't take too long" Hershel said nodding towards the door.

We walked in and started the shower right away. Daryl looked at me, as if waiting for me to get in first. When Daryl took his shirt off I saw all of his bruises. It amazed me that he could handle getting through the day with all of these. We showered pretty quickly, seeing as this wasn't our shower, and who knew if Hershel or Maggie wanted to take one too. We got out and dried off. As I pulled my clothes on I felt Daryl's hands on my stomach. He was rubbing it, I smiled knowing that he was going to do what ever it took to make sure this baby makes it. We got out of the bathroom and walked back to the tent. Daryl began to get his things together.

"Oh no mr, your not going anywhere. You just barely got your side stitched up" I said looking at him.

"Someone needs ta be out there lookin for Sophia. No one else seems to be giving a damn." Daryl said looking at me.

"I realize that, but you can't just waltz around out there, and risk getting hurt even more" I said with my hands on my hips.

"Well then why don't you go out there and find her?" Daryl said getting mad.

"If it keeps you here I will" I said getting annoyed that he was being so stubborn.

"Then good go" Daryl said turning around.

"You're such a little girl sometimes" I said walking out of the tent.

Dale had made some breakfast. I grabbed some and ate as much as my stomach would allow. I looked over at Lori, she just nodded and got closer to Rick. Daryl came out of the tent looking grumpy. I knew he was just mad because I had a point. Glenn stood up and looked at everyone.

"There's walkers in the barn" Glenn said looking around.

Great, always good news. I stood up and walked away from the group. Daryl was talking with Carol and Dale. I walked towards the woods and sat down. It was shady and quiet. I wasn't sure what would happen now. Hershel had to of had them in the barn for a while. I looked back towards the house. I saw Daryl storming out of the stables, I looked over and Carol was standing there. I sighed, still unsure if I should actually go out and look for Sophia on my own. I had no problem being able to take care of myself, but it wasn't just me anymore, there was a tiny life growing inside of me. I stood up and noticed Daryl and Carol seemed to have made up. They walked off into the woods. I shrugged and found the R.V. Glenn was standing on top taking watch. I looked up at Glenn and and nodded at him. I sat down in a shady area and tried to decide on what I wanted to do. I knew that if I left the area Daryl would throw a fit, but at the same time I did want to go and look for Sophia. I sighed and just enjoyed my time in the shade. Shane walked over to the RV and nodded his head toward me. I just looked over at him while he went into the RV. He came back out looking pretty mad.

"You seen Dale?" He asked.

"No, Glenn was the only one here when I walked over here" I said looking at him.

"Fucking old man" Shane said walking off towards the woods. I looked up at Glenn and he looked back at me with a questioning look. I just shrugged.

I got up and decided to go and find Lori. I found her sitting next to Carl. Carl looked up and waved at me, I just nodded towards him. I hadn't realized how much time I really do spend with Daryl, I felt out of place trying to talk to the others. I saw Andrea sitting by the fire. I was still angry with her. I sat down and watched Carl play with random sticks. I soon saw Shane, he had the bag of guns and was handing them to everyone. I looked at him like he was crazy. He started yelling about how we needed to kill the walkers in the barn. I half agreed with him, but this was Hershels place. We had no say in what happens. I saw Rick with Hershel emerging from the woods. Daryl and Carol walked up at the same time. Daryl came over to me and gave me a hug. I heard him whisper in my ear.

"Sorry for earlier" he said pulling away.

"Yeah yeah. Your off the hook I guess" I said looking back over to Shane.

As soon as I looked over I saw Shane rushing to the barn to open is. Daryl pushed me behind him and ran towards Shane. Walkers began to rush out of the barn. Everyone started to shoot at them. I thought all of them had finally made their way out. We all heard one last one. It ended up being Sophia. I looked at Carol and she began to cry. I ran over to hug her. Rick looked around at everyone and walked over to Sophia. He shot her in the head. Carol stayed in the same place. I didn't know what to do or say to make Carol feel better so I just kept hugging her. Beth ran over to her mother and hugged her. No one really knew what to say. Carol got up to walk away so I followed her to make sure she was going to be ok.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taking so long to get these stories out, I got really busy with school. Hopefully I can get a few more of these out before Sunday! Comments area always helpful. :)