Still the One

CI.

‘Do you have everything you need? Your passport? A jacket just in case it gets cold?’ I question, suddenly feeling like his mother. Anne would be proud. I glance around the crowded Heathrow airport as Harry pats his tight, black jeans with a firm nod. His short hair was still hidden under his grey beanie. It felt odd trying to say goodbye to Harry as dozens of eager eyes carefully watched our every move. Technically this was our third goodbye. We had a small dinner with Harry’s family last night to celebrate his new role. We spent the entire drive to Heathrow saying our goodbyes once again. Each time was more difficult than the last. The three large security guards dressed in all black weren’t exactly helping the cause either. They turn their backs as we talk to focus on the crowd but they were still close enough to hear our every word. ‘You better call me as soon as you get to your hotel so I know that you made it.’

‘I will.’ Harry promises with a small smile. He had been dragging his feet all morning, hating that he was leaving so soon. He would be in California for the next two weeks for the last bit of training and to film his first few scenes. Next, he would be off to France for the rest of the time. ‘Oh, and don’t forget to lock the door. You know how you always forget.’ Harry points his narrow finger at me. I smile to myself, already missing his taunts.

‘I’ll try to remember.’ I stifle out a weak laugh as he opens his arms for me. I immediately fall into him, feeling at ease. ‘Do really good.’

‘Okay, I’ll be sure to tell Tom Hardy hi for you too.’ He speaks before pressing his lips to my head, ‘I love you, Lib.’

‘I love you too.’ Our kiss is cut short by the whispering and flashes behind us. Harry pulls back slightly annoyed at all of the attention as he releases me. ‘You better get going before you miss your flight.’

‘Bye, I’ll call you.’

‘Bye bye.’ I wave before being escorted back to the SUV with the help of one of the large security guards, Mike. The other two, Rich and Glenn trail behind Harry to get him to his terminal. ‘Bye Mike.’ I wave jumping out the car to go into the house.

The moment my feet hit the hardwood, that harsh, annoying lump rests heavily in my throat. Harry had been on a break for the last year so I grew used to him being around all the time. On the sofa, scribbling down lyrics into his brown journal. Softly singing his favorite songs from the kitchen as he makes dinner. Bandit casually strolls from his favorite place, the theater room, to brush himself against my legs. ‘Just you and me for a bit.’ I smile bending over to retrieve the tiny, gray cat. I make sure to lock the door, already hearing Harry’s voice in my head. Christopher and Max were coming over so we could finally start on our Communications presentation.

‘Is Harry somewhere on this compound of yours?’ Christopher questions as he drops his leather satchel on the sofa, ‘I swear this place just gets bigger every time I see it.’

‘You actually just missed him this morning.’ I flop down onto the nearby loveseat, ‘he left for filming.’

‘Damn, I thought I could come over and get a peek at his new haircut.’ Max chimes in with a genuine laugh, ‘he’s been so secretive about it. What’s it look like?’

‘Sorry, I have been sworn to secrecy.’ I retort grabbing my Communications binder to get out the list of requirements, ‘I guess you will just have to wait like everyone else.’

Once the three of us felt fairly confident about presentation, Christopher and Max went off to some concert they’ve been dying to go to. I dodge their pleas to tag along with them, not feeling up to being a third wheel. My ears perk up as my phone lets off a loud chime. The one I specifically set for Harry.

Harry’s Point of View

‘Hey, you.’ Libby beams into the phone causing my stomach to tighten. It had only been a matter of hours and I already missed the hell out of her. ‘How was your flight?’

‘It was good, just a little tired.’ I yawn, shaking out of my jacket. ‘It’s only noon here so I might just sleep for the day. I needed to hear your voice before I did though. How was your day?’

‘Fine, Max and Christopher came over for a bit so we could work on our presentation. Bandit and I are currently in the theater room getting ready to spend our night watching countless romantic comedies.’

‘Did you lock the door when they left?’ I wonder teasingly, partially because I knew just how forgetful she can be. Especially when it comes to locking the door.

‘Of course I did.’ She speaks with conviction, ‘Hang on.’ I listen as there’s rustling on the other end of the phone, ‘Okay, now I did.’ Of course not.

‘What on Earth would you do without me?’

‘I would be so, so bad off without you. I honestly don’t think I could manage.’ She laughs causing me to smile like some love-sick school boy. ‘It’s your fault though, you’ve sheltered me for so long.’

‘I will take all the blame.’

‘Are you excited for tomorrow?’

‘Yeh, yeh. I’m a bit nervous actually.’ Nervous wasn’t the exact word. More like terrified. I would be acting with a group of people who’ve done this for the last few years while I’ve been on stages in stadiums. I definitely felt out of my league.

‘You would not have made it through if they did not think you were more than capable.’ Libby assures me as she cuts into my wandering thoughts about the amount of things that I could do wrong. Some-how she always knew just what to say when I needed it the most. ‘I want dozens of pictures of the set, your trailer and all of that good stuff.’

‘I will.’ I yawn for the umpteenth time within our ten-minute conversation, absolutely exhausted. I close my eyes as Libby goes into detail about their presentation. I loved hearing how excited she was about it all. I just couldn’t keep my eyes open.

‘Harry.’ She speaks into the phone, I’m guessing after a while of waiting, ‘I’m pretty sure that you’re falling asleep so just call me when you get a chance later on, okay?’

‘Uh huh.’ I mutter, already stretching out in the bed. Airport clothes and all. My phone dings with an alert saying 10% left but I couldn’t bring myself to walk a mere five feet and get the charger out of my bag. ‘Baby, you there?’

‘I’m still here.’ She speaks quietly. God, I wish I could just lay beside her right now.

‘Okay good. I didn’t want to hang up before telling you just how much I love you.’

‘How much do you love me?’ Libby questions and I just envision her sitting beside me on the sofa with that cute little curious expression she gets. Her eyes always grow so wide as she studies my face. She loved watching me talk. She always said how fascinating it was. I’m sure she was just making fun of how slow I talk even though she denies it repeatedly.

‘Well, more than I could ever begin to tell you first off. I love you more than all the love in the world, so just imagine that and I know I love you way more.’

‘I love you.’ She replies softly, clearly pleased with my answer.

‘Alright, I’ll let you go now to watch your movies. Have a goodnight.’

‘Talk to you soon.’ She replies happily before ending the call.

Libby’s Point of View



Tonight was finally the night of the Glamour’s revamp part. Since Harry was currently filming in California, I decided to go solo. My parents and brother, Tanner were supposed to be coming to celebrate with me. Jackie sends out several group texts to all the members of the office reminding everyone to make sure tonight’s perfect.

‘There she is! Late as always.’ My dad comments as he pulls me into his arms once I make it to the event, ‘I expect nothing less than tardiness from my daughter.’

‘You know me so well.’ I laugh before being pulled into my mom’s arms.

‘This looks so fancy, you did all this?’

‘I helped.’ I nod, making a quick 360 at what the team managed to put together. For the last month and a half Jackie has been on everyone 24/7 about Glamour’s reintroduction. I remember spending countless hours on the phone trying to get all of her favorite celebrities to make an appearance.

‘It looks fantastic! Great job everyone!’ Jackie excitedly claps her hands together before scurrying off to mingle with more guests.

‘Hey, Libby. You’re needed by the big screen, apparently there’s some sort of issue with the videos.’ Tiffany practically pulls me through the mass of people. I had arranged to have celebratory videos played of everyone who couldn’t attend for Jackie. I spent days making sure every person had their video turned in on time so it could be edited. ‘Alright everyone, Glamour is so happy that you all are having a wonderful time. We would like to take a moment for a brief, special message.’

‘What’s going on?’ I question, pulling on Tiffany’s thin arm.

Before I could process it all, Harry’s face flashes onto the expansive screen in front of everyone. Several people cheer, clap, and whistle as he waves to the camera.

‘Hi, everyone! Thank you for letting me hijack your party for a minute. Congratulations Glamour, you’ve never looked better. I wish I could be there tonight to help you celebrate but I am currently on the other side of the world for work. I hope that my beautiful and amazingly understanding girlfriend isn’t too bummed that I cannot be there tonight. I was supposed to be her date but this feels like it should earn me some points for effort. Lib, I love you. I miss you. Sorry, everyone for interrupting but thank you for bearing with me. Have a good night!

‘Isn’t he just the cutest?’ Tanner nudges me with a grin.

You are too good to me

‘I am definitely starting to see that there is something about the incredible Mr. Styles.’ A familiar voice remarks from behind.

‘Mr. Jacobs?’
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! Just a quick thank you for reading the latest chapter. Also, I would highly appreciate it if you took a second to comment, voicing your likes or dislikes. Feedback always makes the author better so feel free to comment, subscribe, or recommend! Have a good day (: