Still the One

LXXX.

In the morning I wake up bright and early to attend uni since holidays were over. I stand underneath the hot water attempting to wake myself up. I put on a pair of ripped at the knee skinnies and a plain white loose tee shirt with sandals before feeding Bandit and rushing out the apartment. The uni’s parking lot was filled with students all scrambling to find a space for the first day back. I ended up parking towards the back and walking through the chaos of those trying to get better parking. I could not wait to be done with this semester along with take home assignments and never-ending lecture notes. There were just a few more months until graduation where I could finally put uni behind me.

‘I haven’t seen you in ages!’ Eleanor exclaims with her friend Max tailing behind her, ‘how are you babe?’

‘Hello, stranger!’ I tease wrapping my arms around her slim frame, ‘I do remember going to your graduation several months back.’

‘I am just showing Max here around, thank you very much. I couldn’t dream about walking the halls her again.’

‘So you don’t miss it, huh?’

‘Of course I miss it, being a responsible grown up is so stressful.’ Eleanor groans, ‘speaking of which, I better show Max around so I can hurry to work.’

‘That’s right, how is it working over in the blog world?’

‘It’s going very well and Glamour?’

‘Good, Jackie offered me the fulltime position.’

‘Congratulations!’ Eleanor beams excitedly, ‘I have to run but call me and we’ll celebrate.’

‘I will, bye El. Max, hopefully I will see you around campus some time.’

‘Right. See you Libby.’ Max waves before following Eleanor into the main building.

I pull out the folded piece of paper to look at the subtle changes in my schedule. Thanks to Harry, I was now finished with all of my Math – I made it out of the course with a solid B+. The only thing I had to worry about this semester was communications and literature. Two of which that will be very helpful at Glamour. Speaking of Glamour, I haven’t seen Paul’s younger brother Christopher anywhere just yet. Tiffany asked me to look out for him since he transferred over to the same uni as me for the semester. Tiffany sent me a text late last night making me promise that I wouldn’t let anything happen to him. She and Paul were very protective over Christopher apparently. Nonetheless, I was feeling highly optimistic about this semester at uni. It was going to be the best one yet. A loud ding from my black, leather bag signals a new text message. It was from Harry.

It’s past midnight and I’m just getting in from song writing. I figure that you’re already at uni or knowing you, you’re running late. I wish I could be there in person to tell you how amazing you are going to do this summer and how gorgeous you are or even kiss your lips before you go but I’m not. I love you so much Lib and I hope you have the best day back. Study hard. – Harry.

I couldn’t help but to walk into my literature class with the silliest smile on my face while I searched the room for a seat. The room began to gradually fill up with students trudging in with their iPhones and fresh tea. An older man, about late twenties or early thirties strolls in with his leather jacket and classy briefcase. His dark hair was sprawled over his head and signs of stubble graced his chiseled jawline. He wore a navy blue button up cuffed at the creases of his elbows and classic black trousers.

‘That’s the new lit. teacher.’ The two girls behind me quietly discuss with short giggles.

‘Good morning class, I am Professor William Jacobs. You can call me Will, Mr. Jacobs, just don’t call me late for dinner, got it?’ he explains with a charming schoolboy grin causing the girls around to swoon and the guys to scoff. ‘My main objective for this semester is to make you excellent writers. I am going to push you to your limits. Is it going to be easy? No. I do not just give out A’s to those who do not earn them. If you turn in mediocre work, you will get a mediocre grade.’

After explaining his syllabus and expectations, Mr. Jacobs jumps right in to his lecture. Our very first writing assignment was to explain our expectations for this course. Mr. Jacobs explained that there is no right or wrong answer with this particular assignment but he will not take just an answer. He wants thorough explanations and well-thought out suggestions.

‘I am done for the day. Please, feel free to email me with any concerns and I will see you all on Wednesday.’

After literature was over I head over to communications with Dr. Caldicott. I’ve had her before for speech so this wouldn’t be too bad. I spy Christopher sitting towards the back of the room and wave walking over to him.

‘Hey, Tiffany told me you’d be coming here! I was starting to get worried when I hadn’t seen you yet. Do you mind?’

‘No, not at all.’ Christopher grins moving his backpack aside, ‘you look nice today.’

‘Still have that boyfriend.’ I speak with a short laugh, ‘so how are you like the campus so far?’

‘It’s alright, I guess. As long as I’m with Paul and Tiff, this keeps them off my back about getting serious.’

I open my mouth to respond when Max, Eleanor’s friend strolls in dropping his backpack in the empty seat next to him. He runs a hand through his floppy dark hair taking off his sunglasses.

‘Hey, Max.’

‘Libby, oh hi, I didn’t know you were in this class.’ Max offers a quick flash of his impressively white teeth.

‘H-how do you know him?’ Christopher clears his throat with a raise of his thick eyebrow.

‘That would be Max. I don’t exactly know him, he’s just friends with one of my good friends.’

Christopher settles back down into his seat without saying another word. During the communications lecture I spotted Christopher absentmindedly staring at Max. The girls leaned forward to stare at the guy who happened to also be staring at a guy. Christopher catches my stare before sinking down into his seat. After class I grab my keys to go home and change for Glamour when Christopher jogs to catch up to me.

‘Libby, wait up for a sec.’

‘Hey, what’s up?’ I wonder digging in my large purse for my phone.

‘I was wondering if you wanted to go grab a bite to eat or something tonight? I could pick you up…’ Christopher asks nervously running a hand through his hair.

‘I thought you were interested in M-…’

‘Listen,’ Christopher sharply cuts me off, ‘I don’t know what you thought you saw or where you ‘re going with this but I highly suggest that you drop it.’

‘Consider it dropped.’

‘Don’t go starting any rumors either.’ Christopher scoffs before walking off to the sleek convertible that awaited him. I recognized it instantly; it was Paul’s car.

He climbs inside and starts it up before peeling quickly out the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi everyone! i hope you enjoyed chapter 80 - also feel free to leave comments or suggestions because those are always good to see and come back for the next chapter on Sunday! thanks :)