Status: Please comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading

Beauty and a Beast

Tortured and Rescued

A few hours later, she found herself in Isengard. The Fell Beast dropped her, and she hit the concrete floor. She groaned, and she found herself face-to-face with Saruman!

“So…you’re the last Wiccan…I also hear that you are traveling with a Company that carries the One Ring” He sneered. Arryn scrambled back, crawling on her hands and knees, desperate to get away from Saruman.

“I hear that Wiccan’s can do wonderful things, why don’t we prove that theory? They don’t lie either…” Arryn crawled away from him, until her back hit the brick wall; she looked for a way out.

“There is no way out, wiccan…WHO IS THE RING BEARER!” She shook her head.

“Go burn in Hell. I won’t tell you anything…Torture me all you want, you won't learn anything from me...” She said, her voice shaking.

“So be it…”
She was then hit with an unimaginable wave of pain. She doubled over, and she screamed. She never felt anything like it.

In the distance, she heard a screech, and despite the pain she was in, she managed to smile. The screeching got closer and closer, until the roof of the cell was ripped open, by a dragon! A Wyvern! Saruman backed away from the Wyvern. Arryn on the other hand, was glad to see the Wyvern. It was her pet, Drago. She managed to crawl over the dragon, it opened his wings, and she crawled into them.

“Aragorn…find Aragorn…”
Was all she could say before she passed out.

Meanwhile, Aragorn and the rest of the Fellowship did very little. Aragorn refused to do anything. He knew that Arryn would try to find her way back, but it was growing dark, and she still hadn’t shown up yet, and he was beginning to lose hope. He stood up, for in the distance, he could see the vague outline of a dragon! He was about to alert the other’s, but they all saw the dragon. They were about to hide, but then the dragon let out a wail. A wail that Aragorn knew. It was Drago! Arryn’s pet Wyvern!

“Wait! Wait!”
He shouted to the Fellowship. They all gave him a confused look, but they obeyed. The Wyvern landed in front of Aragorn, and he nuzzled his hand. He opened his wings, and there, lay an unconscious Arryn. He smiled, for the fact that his sister was alive, but his brow furrowed when he saw the condition she was in. She had cuts all over her face, and all over her arms.

“Thank you, Drago…”

He said, under his breath. The Dragon licked Arryn’s cheek, before he flew away. Aragorn tried to shake Arryn awake, but all he got was a moan, and he gave it a rest.
Arryn opened her eyes, and she smiled weakly when she saw Aragorn.

“Aragorn………” She said, weakly. He looked down at her.

“Arryn…you’re alive…” She smiled.

“Of course I am, you really think I wouldn’t fight for myself…”

She reached up touched the side of her brother’s face, before she closed her eyes, in exhaustion. Aragorn smiled down at his sister, and he kissed her forehead, and he lay her down beside the fire that they had made, hoping to keep her warm.

'Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul...'

The Great Eye of Sauron burned Arryn’s memory. She tried to shake it from her head, but it kept coming back. She kept hearing the mutter of the Black Language repeat over and over in her head. She still had the same eerie flashbacks. They were the same ones all the time…They obviously meant something, but what?

She remembers darkness and fire. Dust. Black dust, full of evil and ash. She remembers a barren wasteland with dead bodies strewn everywhere, and blood staining the cold, hard earth. She could hear a familiar voice whisper her name on the wind, haunting her memory for so many years. She could hear the faint cry of a baby, and the scream of a woman, which seemed eerily familiar, bounced around in her head.
She could hear a laugh ringing throughout her mind. She could feel the cold blade entering her back, and her life being consumed by darkness. She vaguely remembered her parents, but why would she always hear the scream of a woman, and the cry of a baby? She could see the outline of a face growing ever closer, and closer to her. Fire instead of eyes. A familiar face to her. She remembered that face. She knew that he was the Dark Lord, Sauron.

But he was more than that to her…She was thinking the impossible. It wasn’t possible. Was it?

Arryn awoke sweating, and shaking. She sat up, and she looked around at the sleeping company. She stood, and she walked a little while’s away from the group, and she sat down on a small sloping hill. She sighed, and she examined her cuts that she had received from Saruman. She rubbed her arms; and she had realized that she had left the blanket that was covering her by the fire.

“You cold?”

She heard a voice ask. She turned to see Legolas, leaning against a nearby tree, with her blanket in his hand. She gave him a shaky laugh.

“A little bit…”

She said, looking out at the rolling hills. Legolas stepped away from the tree, and he sat down beside Arryn, and he wrapped the blanket around her shivering shoulders.

“Thank you…”

She said, quietly, as she pulled the blanket closer around her neck. She turned back to look out at the hills.

“Are you okay?”
Legolas asked.

“Hmm…oh…I’m fine…it’s just…about what happened with the Fell Beast, and Saruman…”

She said, shuddering when she thought about it. She felt Legolas’ hand on her shoulder, and she felt herself blush.

“What about that dragon, that brought you back here?”

He asked.

She laughed. “Oh, you mean Drago? The Wyvern that brought me back here?” He nodded.

“Oh…Drago is my pet Wyvern…When I was younger, Drago found me wandering around, and I am apparently the last Wiccan , and I can communicate with animals, and the elements around me, so I was able to communicate with him, and ever since then, we have been lifelong friends…”
She explained. She turned back to see Legolas looking at her, with awe.

“What?”
She smiled.

“I’m just trying to understand you, that’s all…”
She smiled.

“What do you want to know?”
She asked, as she lay down in the grass.

“I want to know about you…”
He said, truthfully, as he lay down beside her.

“Well…The Wiccan’s are long gone. I am the last one. Wiccan’s possess a gift, but what makes me different from all the others is that, I possess all of the gifts…”

“What are they…?” Legolas asked her.

“Telepathy, Empathy which is similar; to telepathy, but revolves around emotions instead of thoughts, Clairvoyance or clear-seeing; which are visions of things occurring in the present. Clairsentience or clear-sensing; when you know and feel things about places, like a ‘what happened’ moment, Telekinesis, PyroKinesis or a "Firestarter", the ability to light and/or control fire or heat with the mind. Healing, and Working with Elementals spirits of air, earth, fire, and water…”

Arryn explained, but to make her point, she sat up, and she picked a new bud from a tree, and she placed it in the palm of her hand.

“Watch…”
She said, softly.

The bud began to bloom, and the next thing that Legolas knew, a soft pink flower bloomed in Arryn’s hand.

He smiled, “This is wonderful…”

“You haven’t seen anything yet…”

She smiled. He gave her a questioning look. She spread her hands out flat, and the bud was in the centre of it.

She blew gently on the bud, and it flew away? She turned the bud into a butterfly, and it opened its wings and flew away. What amazed him the most, was that when the butterfly flapped its wings, they changed color.

“You really are special…”
Legolas said, admiringly. She turned to look him in the eyes.

“Everyone says that…”
She said, looking at the ground.

He put his finger under her chin, and she looked up into his eyes.
“I mean it, Arryn…You really are…”

“Thank you…”

She said, as she lay back down on the grass, Legolas lay back down beside her. Her eyes closed, and she fell asleep.

The next morning, Arryn woke up at dawn, and she found that she had fallen asleep on Legolas, and that her fingers had slightly intertwined with Legolas’. She felt herself blush, and she gently slipped her fingers from his own. She stood up, and brushed the grass, and dirt from her back. The sky was grey and dismal.