‹ Prequel: Public Affair
Sequel: Family Affair

Friendly Affair

Friendly Affair

"I know," he sobbed into my shoulder. "I don't want to love her, but I do."

"Yes you do," I sighed kissing his cheek. "You know you do Zacky and that's okay, it's perfectly fine to love someone that doesn't love you, until it starts to hurt you."

"It hurts already.”

“Zacky!” She sobbed, slamming her fists on the door as she lay down in front of it. “I’m so sorry! Please forgive me!”

"Then you don't need her," I whispered kissing his cheek and holding him close, I wished I could just take his pain away, I knew how it felt and I knew how bad it hurt to be rejected so harshly. "You deserve someone who will love you for who you are, for you only, someone who will have you're babies and want more, and more just to show the love between you in the flesh."

"I love her though," he cried. "God I wished I didn't because it would feel so much better, the pain is unbearable."

"It feels like you're heart is actually breaking into," I nodded.

"Please, Zacky,” She whimpered. “Just listen.”

“Fine,” He stood up and walked to the door, sitting on the other side. “What is it?”

"I love you," she whispered. "But I love him too and I don't know what to do Zacky."

"Go back to him Cory, I don't give a shit anymore," he glared and punched the door.

"Zack! No!” She screamed. “I don’t want him, Zacky! I fucking want you!”

“It seemed to me like you wanted him,” He growled.

“Zack,” She said softly. “I love you… So much…”

“Sure, Corrine.”

“Please, Zack,” She sounded a bit like something close to death. “Don’t leave me…”

"I can't trust you Cory," he shook his head. "Just go back to Brian and live your life happily."

"What about Warren," I whispered to Matt. "That's his son too."

"Not in a court of law," Matt whispered sadly. “He’s Brian’s.”

“I don’t get Warren?” Zack said softly.

“Not legally,” Matt shook his head as Zacky’s eyes teared up.

“Zacky…” Cory moaned and held her hand up to the window in front of Zack.

"He's my baby," Zacky whispered. "My son."

"Oh Zacky," I whispered as I pulled him into my arms again, I was starting to cry now and get even more pissed off at Brian and Cory. "Get the hell out of my yard Cory, you're doing enough damage!"

"I’m not leaving,” She said simply and continued pushing her hand to the window.

“Corinne,” Zacky looked down to her and sighed. “Just listen to her.”

“I’m not going to. I’m not going anywhere, I love you Zacky…”

"I'll call the cops, or I'll make you leave Cory, take you're pick," I was pissed, beyond pissed. She hurt me once and I let that go, I was a good friend to her, and then she turns on Zacky.

Sweet, innocent, loving Zacky.

"I'm not leaving Alex!"

"Fucking go!” I screamed and picked up the phone.

“I’m not going!”

"Hello?"

"Yes, I'd like to report a trespasser that won't leave my home," I said calmly into the receiver. "It's my friend's wife, she was caught cheating and she refuses to leave."

"We'll send a squad car over soon," the woman said sweetly. "Until then keep your doors locked."

"Will do, thanks."

"I-I-I-“Cory stuttered. “I can’t believe you.”

“You refused to leave, so I had to use force,” I shrugged simply as she turned to Zack who opened the door.

“And you aren’t even doing anything?” She cried softly. “I still love you…”

He leaned forward towards her, she looked hopeful until he started to speak. "If you loved me, why was you're lips on Brian's and why did you run to him," he whispered as he stood back up and walked inside. "Go away Cory, before you go to jail."

"Zacky, why aren't you believing me, why aren't you sticking up for me, I'm you're fiancée."

"Not anymore Cory," he whispered. "I've stuck up for you to long, I've loved you to long, I've believed every lie for to long and now I'm here regretting everything, but Warren."

"Zack…” She squeaked, almost inaudible. “Please don’t…”

“It’s over,” He said simply. “I’m going to get you tried in court as an unfit mother. I’ll take Warren.”

"Zacky!" she screamed, I closed my eyes and looked away.

"Don't," Zacky shook his head and closed the door. "Just go back to Brian and be happy."

"I want you."

"No you don't, you never have."

"That’s not true,” She growled. “I fucking love you. Way more than I could ever love Brian. And I know you love me, Zacky. You love me so much, and I’m so sorry for hurting you. Just don’t send me away…”

"You know how I can tell when you lie?" he leaned against the door. "Because you have never loved anyone more than Brian, you never will either, and you're sorry for getting caught, and I'm not sending you away, I'm making you leave."

"Cory leave now," I said as I pulled Zacky from the door. "Zacky everything is okay."

"They’ll have to pull me away,” Cory grunted and dropped to the ground, sobbing.

“Just go, Corinne,” Zacky growled with teary eyes. “You’re making this harder for both of us.”

"I'm not leaving!"

"Fine, I'll fucking make you," I stomped out the front door and stared at her. "Why would you do this Corrine, why the fuck would you throw away the best mother fucking thing you've ever had? Because of Brian? That asshole wants to ruin everything for himself, he's obsessive, possessive and he's not well!"

"That’s why I don’t want him,” She looked back to Zacky, who was calming down Warren. “I want Zacky.”

“Well you're not getting him back,” I growled. “Or your son.”

“Just tell him I fucked up okay?” She mumbled and began walking down the street. “Have a nice life, all of you. Honestly, I want all of you to be happy. And obviously I’m just going to have to disappear for that to happen. I love you guys. I love my baby. I love Zacky.”

"We love you Cory, we do but you're balancing Zacky on a string trying to love him like you love Brian, but its not working out that way and its hurting him, its really hurting him and its pissing me off," I sighed. "We love you Cory, we all do but before you see Warren or Zacky again, I think you need to figure some things out."

"I figured out enough,” She said simply and turned out of my sighed, making me huff. I could hear Zacky sobbing to himself back in the house, rambling on about how sorry he was it had to be like that, almost to the point of screaming in anger.

"Well, I'm sorry it took you this long," I fixed my jaw and glared. "You're not getting Zacky again, I'm sorry but he's been you're puppet for long enough."

"I never wanted to string—"

"You might not have, but you did, intentional or not Cory you messed up, and you did it with intentions of knowing exactly what would happen," I nodded. "I know because I know you."

"You don’t fucking know anything about me or how I feel about him.”

“I know that you don’t love him.”

“That’s where you're wrong,” She growled. “I fucking love him, I now know I’ll never get him, but I still love him. And I don’t want Brian, and only wanted Zacky…”

"Then why did you kiss Brian, why did you go running to Brian when you knew he loves you, why won't you have children with Zacky and why oh why, do you still love Brian, if you want Zacky," I screamed.

"I don’t know, Alex!” She dropped to her knees and punched the ground, a cop car pulling up. “I don’t fucking know.”

“Well,” I sighed and two policemen picked her up and began to drag her to the car. ”Bye.”

“I’m pregnant.”

I tried not to show my shock as I turned around and walked for the house. "I'm sorry."

"Alex don't do this to me, you have to believe me!"

"I don't know truth from lie anymore Corrine," I whispered opening the door. "To me, it runs together, so I can't believe you."

"Fine,” She mumbled. “But when I have a miscarriage from being shaken by the cops and I lose Zacky’s baby, I’ll make sure to give you the fetus. As a trophy of sorts.”

"Fuck you," I shut the door, turning around to stare at Zacky, who had his eyes closed. "I'm so sorry."

"I don't want her, but she has my baby," he whispered.

"Supposedly.”

“For over a year now, I’d imagine Cory telling me she was pregnant,” He mumbled. “But it was never like this.”

"I know," I whispered as I kissed his forehead, hugging his stomach. "Everything will work out, why don't you go take Warren and lay down with him in mine and Matt's bed?"

"Okay, I need my son," he whispered nodding. He then mumbled something indecipherable.

“What was that?”

“I need my fiancé…”

"Zacky…"

"No," he shook his head walking away.

"Just let him," Matt kissed my lips softly. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"You had to loose a friend over Brian; I should go kick his ass for starting this shit up again."

"It wasn't Brian, it was Cory."

"Now don’t go blaming people,” Matt looked up to me. “You weren’t there. Don’t assume things."

"Matt, did Brian drag her to his house?"

"Well, no I don't think s—"

"Would he ever force her to kiss him?"

"No, he wouldn't force her—"

"Would she have acted like this is she didn't do something wrong?"

"She knows she’s done something wrong,” Matt sighed. “And she obviously regrets it.”

“But she’s the one that kissed him in the first place!” It became silent as we listened to Zack cry.

"I know," Matt whispered. "But honestly, we all make mistakes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment