Status: Comments and critique are much appreciated.

How Long?

Chapter 15

2007

Harry was getting ready in a hurry. He had already gotten a number of missed calls from Chelsy and William telling him to get his arse out of his room. He couldn’t believe he slept in the middle of day. He was not good at multi tasking at all and the last few weeks have went by in frenzy. He and William were doing loads of interview to promote the concert and the rehearsals yesterday went till late. And then he was up all night with Chelsy doing the deed. It was only after she left to get ready with other girls this morning that he got some time to rest. The next thing he remembers, William banging on his door cursing him at the top of his lung.

Harry dashed into the car still buttoning his shirt. He was glad it was just him in the car sparing him from some more curses. As soon as he reached the new Wembley Stadium he was rushed backstage where William was waiting for him. The concert was to begin in the next twenty minutes and the whole stadium was buzzing with thousands of people. Harry looked at his brother, who was pacing up and down in nervousness. Harry was not as nervous as his brother. He was rather looking forward to this night for almost year now. Since the time he and William hatched the idea of organizing a concert in memory of their mother at her 10 year death anniversary. They wanted to celebrate her birthday in a fashion that she would have enjoyed herself. Initially no one approved of their mad idea but then Harry and William did their very best to convince their father who later helped them persuade their grandmother.

Now, they were moments away from taking the stage to start the concert. Both of them buried their heads in their cue cards. When someone one told them it was time, they gave each other a nod and went on stage. Even after living all their life in the public eye and getting mobbed everywhere, it was still a surreal experience for Harry to be standing here and addressing to people at the Wembley Stadium. Their opening speech went without the hitch and then they were ushered to the VIP box.

Elton John was playing one of their mother favorite songs ‘Your Song’. Harry found a seat between Chelsy and William. He sat there getting comfortable for the next few hours of the show. He was feeling rather proud of what he and his brother managed to organize. The song was just about of end when he heard an unusual amount of chatter coming from a few rows above them. He turned around to see what the commotion was about.

It was like something out of a movie. He had to do a double take just to be sure. It felt like for a second the whole stadium went silent when he saw her for the first time in almost two years. Even with her back to him, he knew who it was. She looked so different yet she looked the same. Her hair seemed a little longer in a high pony tail, she had definitely lost some weight and was a lot tanner than the last time he saw her. She was hugging Kate while Natasha was jumping like a frog around her. Harry couldn’t stop gawking at her. His heart was beating wildly and sinking at the same time. He felt happiness and grief. Happiness because she was here within his reach for the first time in years, he could actually touch her if he wanted to, talk to her. And grief because she was not here for him, she was here… why was she here?

“I invited her” William said as if he could read his thoughts. “She was in town for Luke and Mark’s match”

Right, Mark and Luke were now playing polo professionally. Both of them played for England and had a huge match against Australia last Friday. Harry nodded turning around to see Duran Duran exiting the stage. He wasn’t even aware when Elton John left the stage and the next act came on. Chelsy kissed him of the cheek and he kissed her back.

Louise didn’t plan to come to the concert. She didn’t even plan for anyone to know she was in town to be honest. She came down to support her brothers, who always complaint that she hardly comes out to see them play. She expected to stay for a week as she hadn’t been home since Christmas but then Natasha found out she was in town and then next thing she was on the phone with William who was not taking no for an answer.

She would be lying if she said she was not excited to see everyone again. It had been years since all of them had been at the same place at the same time. She had obviously met everyone in some time or capacity over the years but this was different. It felt like old times.

She sat next to Kate and her family on one side and Natasha and Melissa on the other side, two rows back from Harry and William. She was trying her best to watch the concert but her eyes kept going back to the back of his head. He had obviously filled out in the last two years but he was still the boy who gave her butterflies in the stomach. She couldn’t believe he still had that kind of effect on her even after all these years. For the last few months she had hardly got the time to think about him. She was busy with school and her friends.

She was still staring at his head while Joss Stone was singing in the background when he unexpectedly turned around. Louise was totally fuddled when their eyes met. They held each other gaze for a couple of seconds before he turned back around.

Harry felt a sudden jolt when their eyes met. She had a panicky look on her face like she was scared of him which left him feeling gutted so turned back around but he couldn’t stop turning around every once in awhile to gaze on her discreetly. He had to make sure she was still there.

It was time for an intermission. Everyone was getting out of their seats, stretching their legs, heading to the loo. A lot of their friends made their way to Louise even William went to give her a hug and a kiss. They hardly got to see her since her move.

“Aren’t you going to say hi to Louise?” Chelsy asked Harry.

Harry looked at her girlfriend in surprise. He and Chelsy never really ever discuss about Louise or what happened between Louise and him. Louise was one topic that was off limits. Harry shook his head slightly suggesting her to drop the topic.

The show started again. Everyone was back in their seats and Kanye West took the stage. A little into Kanye’s act Harry heard her laugh. He didn’t want to look but it was as if his brain had no control over his body. He looked back at her. Tom had changed seats with Natasha and was standing next to her and both of them moving to the music. Her eyes shone as she laughed at Tom. She shook her head looking back at the stage when she caught him looking at her again. He snapped his head back.

Somehow she got through the show without talking to Harry but every now and then she could feel him staring at her which made her a little uncomfortable. Now all she needed was to get out of going to the after party which was virtually impossible with Natasha and Tom shadowing her all through the evening. She had finally excused herself and came to the loo to fresh up. After doing her business she came out of the booth to find Chelsy washing her hands in one of the sinks.

“Oh hi” She said as Louise opened the tap of the sink next to her.

“Hi” Louise said smiling weakly.

“You look good Louise” Chelsy said giving her a real smile.

“Thanks. You also… I mean you look good too” Louise said going red.

They both stood there for a couple of seconds in painful silence doing their thing.

“I’ll see you in there then” Chelsy said.

“Sure” Louise said nodding her head.

Chelsy went to the door and then stopped. She turned around biting her lip.

“He misses you, you know” Chelsy blurted out.

Louise looked at her for a second and then looked back down at her hands. She so didn’t want to have this conversation with her.

“He doesn’t say much about what happened between you two. Not that it’s any of my business. I just wanted to let you know that he really misses you and he has changed since you’ve left”

Louise looked at her again trying to judge if Chelsy was accusing her of something but she seemed
genuine.

“I mean in a good way. He is more responsible now” Chelsy said. “I am sorry. I shouldn’t have said anything. I just wanted to…” She stopped took a deep breath. “Sometimes he seems really sad and I really don’t know what I can do to make him feel better because he doesn’t like talking about it. I just thought you should know” She said shrugging her shoulders.

“Thanks for letting me know” Louise said.

“No problem” She said giving her another smile.

---

The after party was filled with media, celebrities, family and friends. Harry and William were busy playing the host. It was too much work being the host for the both of them. So, after thanking almost everyone in the room both brothers made their way to the bar for a drink. Harry was talking to Thomas his back to William when he heard the familiar voice.

“Thank you for the invitation but I really have to leave now” Louise said to William.

“You can’t possibly leave right now. The party is just getting started” William said with a frown.

“I have a plane to catch in the morning, Will. I wish I could stay. I still have loads of packing to do”

“I wish you could stay but I understand. Thanks for coming” He said giving her a hug. “Don’t be stranger. I hardly hear from you anymore” He added when they broke apart.

“I won’t. I promise. Have a nice night” She said.

Harry turned around as soon as their conversation ended. He saw her saying goodbyes to their friends before heading out. His mind was working double time now. He couldn’t let her walk out of his life again without a word. He needed to do something.

“Fuck” He said slamming his glass on the bar before rushing in her direction.

Louise was half way to her car when she heard his voice calling her name from distance. Her initial thought was that she was hearing things but then the voice came again, this time closer. She looked back to see Harry running after her. She stopped dead in her tracks feeling like a deer caught in the headlights. There was nowhere to go and nowhere to hide. This was really happening.

He stopped inches away from her. He was out of breath from all the running. They stood there for a couple of minutes staring at each other while he gained back his breath.

“Lou” He said once he could talk.

It felt so odd yet so natural to say hear her name out loud from his mouth.

“Harry” She said. Her heart was hammering against her chest.

“Lou” He said again letting out a deep breath like he had been holding it for long time. He didn’t really know what to say. He hadn’t really planned what to say when he followed her.

“Thank you for coming” He knew it sounded lame but those were the first words that came out of his
mouth. He held his breath as he was not sure if she was going to reply to him or not.

She furrowed her eyes obviously not expecting him to say that. “You’re welcome. It was a wonderful thing you lot did”

“YES!… I mean thank you” He said mentally cursing himself. “William and I were just throwing ideas one night when we came up with this. I turned out alright I suppose”

“It turned out better than alright. You got a chance to mingle with Kanye West. One of your many dreams come true” She said with a smile remembering how obsessed he was with his album.

He grinned “Isn’t that weird? I didn’t even think he would be interested when I suggested his name to our team”

She couldn’t stop herself from grinning back “No, not weird at all. It’s totally awesome”

They stood there for another minute not saying anything. Their eyes scanning each other’s face trying to guess what the other was thinking, when her chauffer stopped her SUV in front of them, she looked at her car and then back at Harry. Not sure if their conversation was over or not.

“I… this is… I… My ride is here I should be going now” She fumbled with her words.

“Lou, I just wanted to…”

His words were cut mid sentence when the car honked. “A minute” Both of them yelled at the same time and then busted out in a little laughter.

“Can I call you sometime?” He asked all of sudden.

Louise found it bizarre when he asked her that. He seemed nervous almost afraid to ask her. It was so different from the cocky Harry she had known all of her life. A part of her wanted to say no but he
seemed so earnest that she couldn’t bring herself to say that.

“Of course, if you want to” She said heard herself saying.

“I want to. I do, really want to” he said a little too enthusiastically.

She titled her head on one side and looked at him in the eye. He held her gaze, his eyes radiating with excitement.

“Alright then, I should really be going now” She said breaking the eye contact.

“Certainly” He said nodding his head.

“Ok bye, then” She said.

“Bye” He said stepping in for a hug. He so desperately wanted her to be in his arms. He wanted one of her awesome hugs that he had missed for far too long but she shoved her hand forward for a hand shake instead.

She didn’t know what possessed her to do that but right now she really didn’t wanted to be in such
close proximity with him.

Harry looked at her hand for an instant. Hurt clearly visible on his face. He felt like such a wanker for even thinking that she would just forget and forgive the moment he started talking to her. He knew this was only a small step to getting her back in his life. Sighing he extended his hand to meet hers.

“Bye” She mumbled as she stepped into the car giving him a little wave and then she was gone once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Concert for Diana Outfit

Soundtrack - Disappear-Beyonce

Louise is back in his life, sort of. Kind of. Not really.
I didn't felt like dragging their separation for long. I thought about writing some filler chapters with them leading separate lives but then thought otherwise.
What do you guys think? Should she forgive him that easily?

Thanks for an amazing response for the last couple of chapters! You guys are really awesome!

The list of awesome


Lucy579

Death_to_Roses

whatsamme

coleystewart

high-queen-maggie

Hawkchick85

mebg

Daybreak1996

Nathan Sykes.