Status: Comments and critique are much appreciated.

How Long?

Chapter 31

Closing the lid of her laptop, Louise flopped onto her back and smacked her hands over her eyes. It was only noon and already she felt like she was about to crawl out of her skin. The lack of sleep and boredom was a lethal combination. She planned to stay in bed when her phone chirped, rolling over she grabbed it. She was half afraid to look at it, fearing it could be Mandy again. But, luckily it wasn’t. Sitting up, she opened the text from Harry. Two words:

Harry:: Bored yet?

Louise:: No.

The response was immediate from his side.

Harry:: Liar!

Louise:: Aren’t you supposed to be busy doing something?

Harry:: Can’t concentrate, too fucking sleepy.

Louise:: Serves you right.

Harry:: You wound me, Miss Tomlinson. Deeply. I was up all night keeping you company.

Louise:: I never asked for your company. I don’t even like you.

Harry:: Now that’s a proper lie. YOU LIKE ME.

Before Louise could reply another text came.

Harry:: Looks like we are going to be a bit late. So, you have all day to yourself to reflect
on just how much you like me.

Louise:: Really? All day? What about the gala?

A few minutes passed while she stared at her phone.

Harry:: Yeah sorry, will be back just in time to get ready. These people just love us so
much. They are showering us with affection. You could learn from them.

Louise:: I think you get enough attention already.

Harry:: I am needy.

Louise:: Don’t I know that.

There were a couple of minutes while Louise flipped through the newspaper.

Harry:: What are you doing?

Louise:: In bed, reading newspaper.

Harry:: Looking at my pictures, I suppose.

Louise:: In your dreams.

Harry:: Have to go. Everyone is looking at me funny.

Louise:: Bye.

The day dragged on and by four Louise was considering her earlier plan of taking a nap before Steffie,
the hair dresser arrives. Louise just got out of the shower when her phone rang again. Throwing the towel aside, she made a mad dash to the bedroom.

Harry:: We are going to be another hour. Will barely get time to change for the gala.

Louise:: Okay.

Harry:: What you doing? I twice dozed off in the middle of the conversation.

Louise:: Just came out of the shower. Planning to take a nap.

Harry:: Wish I was there.

Before she could type a reply.

Harry:: Wait, are you naked?

Louise’s eyes widened.

Louise:: NO!!

Harry:: Damn. That visual really helped with my sleep though. *wink*

Louise:: That’s all you will ever have.

Harry:: We’ll see about that.

Louise:: NO you won’t.

Harry:: Gotta go. See ya in a bit.

---

Steffie was a thin, dark haired girl who always had a smile on her face. Her heavy hair hung nearly to her waist. She shook Louise hand being dot on the time.

“Good evening, Miss Tomlinson”

“Nice to meet you again, Steffie. Please, call me Louise”

She sat her down on the chair and they started discussing what kind of hair Louise would prefer for this
evening. Louise’s showed Steffie her outfit for the evening which was a red asymmetric, without shoulder fish tail bustier gown and she had already applied the makeup she thought would go with the outfit.

“You’re the expert. I trust your judgment, so fix me however you think is best.” Louise had never spared much time or thought on her appearance and she didn’t plan to start now.

This pleased Steffie and she got to work. Louise closed her eyes, letting Steffie do her thing. She was blow-drying her hair when Louise felt someone entering her room. Steffie paused while Louise opened her eyes to see Harry reflection in the mirror, waving Steffie back to work. She hadn’t seen him since last night, which had been a weird night and having him in the same room brought back the same
churning in her stomach as yesterday, so she closed her eyes again.

Steffie began to play with Louise’s hair, pulling it back and twisting it.

“Can you please leave her hair down” Harry said from the back.

Steffie let half her hair fall without a word, making soft curls at the end.

“When did you arrive?” Louise asked.

“Twenty minutes ago. Karen told me you were getting ready”

“Is William ready?”

“Not to my knowledge”

There were several seconds of silence.

“How was your day? Did you miss me much” He asked.

This was certainly not a conversation to be having in front of company.

When Louise didn’t reply, “Are you ignoring me, Lou” He asked.

“Steffie is doing my hair, Harry. I need to hold still”

“She has wonderful hair, doesn’t she?” He asked Steffie.

“She does, sir” Steffie replied.

“Harry” Louise began. She was feeling uncomfortable because of his presence.

“Lou, hold still. Steffie is working on your hair” Harry said with a smile in his voice.

“I am just about done” Steffie said and within seconds she was.

“Thank you, Steffie” Louise said. “Can you mind waiting outside for a second I might need some help with my dress”

“Sure, Miss”

“Thank you, Steffie. It was nice meeting you” Harry said.

Louise’s eyes traveled to him when he spoke. He turned the reclining chair towards her in which he was lounging comfortably. He was already ready in his stylish tux and looked amazing. It was a sleek black tux with a white dress shirt and a black bow tie. His eyes were shinning with amusement and ginger his hair was slicked back just a tad.

“It took you ten minutes to get ready. That’s just not fair” Louise said pouting.

“What can I say? I am that good looking” He said with a smirk.

“Wanker” She said hitting his arm playfully.

She was all glammed up with her heels, hair, makeup and jewelry but still wearing a white robe.

“If you could excuse me, I would very much like to change into my dress now” Louise said wrapping the robe around her body tightly.

“You can go ahead. I really don’t mind”

“Harry! Get out” She said shoving him lightly.

“Alright, alright I am going” He said closing the door behind him.

As soon as the door closed, Louise made her way to the closet pulling the dress out. She took off her robe and looked at the dress in front of her. It looked like a huge challenge to wear a dress like that. She slid the dress on, reaching behind her she tried to grab the zipper but ended up spinning in circles like a puppy. She was afraid this might happen.

“Steffie?” She called, giving up.

“I’ve got it” Harry voice made her freeze. She heard the door open and he stepped inside again.

“Zipper?” He asked.

“Yeah” She said turning her back to him. The zipper was low and she was highly aware that he could
see her panties and bra that she was wearing. His warm fingers grazed her skin as he slowly pulled the zipper over the top of her behind and up her back.

“Lift your hair” He leaned down and whispered in her ear.

She slowly reached up and gathered her freshly curled hair in her hands. He slid the zipper into place before reaching down and sliding his hands around her waist. He pressed his chest against her back while he looked over her shoulder. It was painfully sensuous and erotic. When he pulled back, Louise let her hair fall down and turned to face him without stepping out of his hold.

He looked down at her with bright eyes. “You look gorgeous”

“Thank you”

His hand was still on her waist and she was having flashbacks of last night.

“Are you two ready? We are getting late” William voice boomed inside the room.

“I will see you outside” With a small smile, Harry turned and left.

Louise stood there, trying to catch her breath before going out.

---

They exited the car but Louise was ushered inside while Harry and William worked the red carpet but once they entered the gala Harry kept hold of Louise, his large hand sliding to the curve of her waist. He pulled her slightly closer, and Louise let herself enjoy the warm, masculine smell of him.

The butterflies in her stomach were going crazy. Her neck was hot with this feeling she didn’t had words to explain. A part of her was worried as she didn’t knew what was happening here but Louise didn’t wanted to change anything about the last couple of days. For just a moment Harry had her feeling like this was really happening. They were really happening.

Soon, Harry and Prince Seeiso were taken away as they were the hosts of the evening. William being the special guest of honor was busy too. The place was packed not only with dignitaries but also celebrities were crawling everywhere. International models, sportsmen, journalists and actors. Louise could recognize many faces in the crowd. She took a glass of champagne when she spotted a familiar dark haired man in the crowd and a smile crept on her face. Grinning, she tapped his shoulder.

“Funny finding you here” She said.

“My sentiments exactly” He replied matching her grin in his heavy accented voice. He bended down and
kissed her cheek.

The gorgeous guy was none other than Nacho Figueras, the world famous polo player and because of
her brothers being polo players Louise had known him for years.

“Nice seeing you here” He said. “Are your brothers here too?” He asked.

“Fortunately for you, no” Louise said.

“How have you been little Tomlinson? Haven’t seen you at the matches in years”

“I am studying abroad and you need to get your eyes checked. I am not so little anymore”

Nacho took a step back and looked Louise up and down and a whistled escaped from his perfect lips.

“You are absolutely correct; you are all grown up and look exquisite in that dress”

Louise blushed, she was never good with compliments.“Thank you”

“What brings you here?”

“I was invited by the princes”

“And here they come” Nacho said looking over Louise’s shoulder.

Louise turned around and her breath was trapped in her chest, her heartbeat echoed in her ears and the place seemed to disappear as she saw Harry, who at the moment was walking towards her with Prince Seeiso at tow.

Harry was sure he had to see a million people and talk to potential donors and that Karen will find him any minute and take him away but he didn’t stop to think that. His thoughts were scattered in million different directions, and the only thing that anchored him was Lou. He was completely focused on her.
Her cheeks were turning brighter by the second by just remembering what had happened back at the hotel.

“I see you've found Nacho already” Harry said as he joined them.

“Yes she did and it was such a pleasant surprise” Nacho said.

They stood there and talked for some time and not long after Karen informed Harry that it was time for his speech. Everyone took their seats. Harry speech was short and sweet. He delivered the message with much conviction while earning a few laughs.

After that Harry joined the table sitting beside Louise. With a lot of self control Louise stopped herself from turning around and looking at him every two seconds. Across the table from her sat Nacho, with whom she was discussing polo and horses. He too breeds horses like her family in Argentina, his native country.

Louise looked up and saw a tall, blonde, blue eyed, very curvy, stunning female, who lets be serious had to be a model. To Louise’s surprise she was walking straight towards their table. Her eyes were zeroed in on Harry. A big Cheshire cat smile slowly crept across her glossy lips. Louise instinctively hated her.

She was well aware of her assets and she displayed them shamelessly in a low cut and very tight bright yellow dress. Her heels and boobs were high. As she walked, every part of her body bounced.

Louise was well aware of the fact that guys like girls with bouncy parts and this specimen was extremely bouncy. Louise quickly evaluated and came to the conclusion that no part of her body bounced. There were some parts that jiggled and she knew guys are not into jigglers. She glanced over at Harry and wondered if he liked bouncers or jigglers.

Louise continued to watch as her hair, boobs and ass bounced towards them. The closer she got to the table, the tighter the knot in Louise’s stomach twisted. As she stopped in front of their table, Louise felt an icy chill run up her spine.

“You’ve been a very busy man” She said.

“Hello, Roselyn” Seeiso greeted her with a kiss on the cheek and introduced her to the table as one of
South Africa’s top model.

Roselyn or Rose quickly slid into Nacho’s recently vacant chair, as he went to the loo and positioned her
directly in front to Harry. She extended her hand, palm down, like she expected him to kiss it. “I’m Roselyn Monroe. It’s an absolute pleasure meeting you”

She introduced herself as if she was making an earth shattering announcement. Her accent was thick and sweet. Harry shook her hand. He then looked at Louise; she returned his look, without uttering a word.

Louise started playing with the food while chewing her left thumbnail. This female was unbelievable. She hadn’t acknowledged anyone on the table or said another word to Seeiso since sitting down.

“It’s very nice to meet you. I attended the fund raiser last time you were in town but didn’t get a chance to introduce myself. You are doing amazing work here” She said.

“Thank you very much and thank you for supporting the cause” Harry said with his perfect smile.

“Oh really, there is no need for thank you’s” She said as she shifted her position forward putting her assets on the table. She shifted a little more in her seat squishing them together even more. Harry’s eyes landed right where she wanted them too but he quickly averted his gaze.

Unable to tolerate this display anymore, Louise cleared her throat and excused herself to the ladies room, hoping her to be gone by the time she comes back.

The rest room was crowded. Louise slide inside an empty stall and closed the door. She stood there taking deep breaths to calm herself down.

She could over hear conversation going outside.

“He is all kind of yummy, isn’t he?” One said.

“Yeah, all kinds and I can’t believe he is single”

“Are you serious? Him and Chelsy are over?”

Louise head snapped back up as she realized who they were talking about. Louise sat silently inside the booth listening to the two rattle about Harry’s attributes. A burning sensation started in her stomach travelling up to her chest. Her entire body started tightening up the more they talked about Harry.

“He’s exceptionally hot. I always thought William was the better looking one but damn this ginger is A-MAZ-ING looking”

“He’s in the army as well”

“That’s explains so much”

“His eyes and that red hair are a sexy as hell combination. I want to run my fingers through it” Said
one.

“Did you see his ass?”

“Um…Yeah. Perfection”

“His ass is mouthwatering”.

“He is here with a date” Said someone.

“He is?” Said the first one.

“Who? The girl in the red dress?”

“Yeah”

“Come on, he is so out of her league. She is not ugly, but she not very attractive either”

“Shut up” The other girl with giggles. “You are so bad”

“What? I am just saying the truth. I mean, did you get a good look at her. She had brown blah hair, pale skin and her eyes are big and weird. She is so dull and totally boring. Maybe if she got some highlights and some sun that can help, but it’s only going to help her so much”

“That’s so mean”

“Let’s be real, on the hotness scale, he is like a solid ten and even more because he is a prince and all. He needs to be seen with at least an eight or nine. You know, with someone like Chelsy. If I’m being honest, which I always am, she is like a four and that’s me being generous”

“Alright, that’s enough. Let’s get out of here. We need to be out there if we want to accidently bump into him, fall in love and become a princess in process”

Louise heard them leave. She opened the door and stood in front of the mirror, frozen. She knew she wasn’t anything special and probably nothing is ever going to happen between her and Harry. What shocked Louise the most was that a girl, who didn’t even know her, knew it too. She tried to shake this feeling off. She knew what kind of attention Harry attracts and how mean girls could be but still her eyes started to water.

---

Luckily when Louise came back Roselyn was gone and Nacho was on his seat. But after hearing the conversation in the rest room, it was hard for her to look at Harry without thinking about what was said. For added protection she avoided being near to him for the rest of the evening. She knew Harry will catch up with her sooner or later.

Later that night, she felt him behind her before she heard his voice. Shutting her eyes tight for a second, she swallowed hard. Her body heat shot up at the same time she felt tremors ripple through her stomach. Even her head began to spin. She continued to talk to Nacho, pretending Harry presence was not affecting her. She knew she had to face him. She will have to look into his dreamy blue eyes and eventually she had to see his much discussed perfect ass.

“Damn those bitches” She muttered under her breath.

She heard him clear his throat. “Lou” he said, his voice causing her pulse to quicken.

“Yes” she said facing him.

“You alright?” He asked

Trying to sound very nonchalant, she said “I am perfectly fine, why are you asking?”

“I just thought… forget it. Anyway, William has left for the hotel. Jack told me there was a call and he left after that, rather in hurry”

“Is everyone okay back home?” Louise asked.

“Yes, I just talked to Dad and he said everyone is fine. I suppose it was Kate’s call” Harry said. “I was
thinking if you’re ready, we can head back as well”

“Of course” Louise said.

---

“Did you enjoy yourself?” Harry asked once they were in the car, on their way back to their hotel. Saying goodbyes took them more time than Louise imagined.

“Yes, thank you for bringing me”

“Stop thanking me” He said.

Louise turned her head looking out of the window, watching the city passing them by.

“I hope everything is well with Kate” Harry said.

“I hope that as well” Louise said her eyes not leaving the window.

“Lou” Harry said.

“Yes”

“You remember that girl, Roselyn that sat at our table?”

“Yes”

“She slipped me her number” Harry said.

Louise blinked at him a couple of times and went back staring out of the window.

“What? You not are going to say anything?” Harry asked. Glancing she saw a little smile appear across
his face.

“What is there to say?” She said with a little shrug of her shoulder. “I didn’t even notice her”

“I definitely noticed her” He said, smirking at her.

She didn’t like his choice of words or the tone he used.

“She said she will be coming to London for a bit”

“So you’re going to go out with a complete stranger without knowing her intentions. She just might sell the story to the Daily Mail” She said, jealousy was oozing out of every pore of her skin.

“I didn’t say that. Dinner at a public place can’t be harmful”

Looking down, Louise began picking imaginary piece of lint on her dress. “Well, do what you want. It’s your life to ruin”

“It’s just dinner, Lou” He said, smile evident in his voice. He was having fun.

“Right just dinner. You just want get into her pants” Louise spat.

“Woah! I didn’t even go that far but if you don’t want me to call her then I won’t”

That was it. Louise needed to make a decision. She could hold on to him a little longer, and hope that eventually what she was feeling would change or she could just let it go.

“Sorry for acting like a prude. I really shouldn't interfere. Do as you please. It’s just… I don’t think she’s
the right girl for someone like you”

“Oh, I’m positive she’s not the right girl for me. Not even close”

Louise eyes immediately shot to his. She had butterflies in her stomach. He looked incredible with the top buttons of his dress shirt open and his hair in a very cute mess. He really was ‘all kinds of yummy’. Louise took a big gulp of air thinking what it would be like to be with Harry. She must have zoned out because the next thing she heard was him saying.

“We are here”

He helped her out of the car and they took the elevator in silence. They entered the suit and he stopped in front of her door and turned the ornate handle.

She stepped inside and looked at the bed. Her bags had been already been packed as they were leaving tomorrow. She turned around and looked at Harry.

“Thank you. I’ll see you in the morning” She said biting her lip.

“Are you forgetting something?” Harry raised an eyebrow.

“What are you talking about?”

“Your dress” He nodded towards her. “Or do you think you can manage on your own?”

She frowned. As much as she had hated the repeat of what happened earlier, she was sort of fond of the dress and didn’t want to rip it. She looked up at him and nodded once before turning around so he could see the zipper. Harry closed the door behind him and moved towards her. She reached back to undo her zipper but his hands slid around and closed over hers before moving them out of the way. His fingers tugged the zipper at an almost torturous pace. His knuckles dragged along her spine the whole way and she shivered in response. When he slid the zipper over her bra she took a deep breath, but Harry never hesitated.

She knew she should stop him once he reached the waist but she didn’t. She just closed her eyes, enjoying the smell of him and the feel of his hands on her. She heard him take a deep breath of his own and he stopped zipper just above the curve of her behind. She could feel his hands shake just before he let go and stepped away.

“I think you can take it from here” Louise heard need mixed with frustration in his voice.

“Thank you for helping” Louise said clutching the dress to her chest as she turned around.

They stared at each other. They had been doing that often these days.

“William! I should check up on William” Harry said with an edge in his voice.

“Yes, you should” Louise said breaking the eye contact.

“I will see in the morning. Have a good night”

“You too”

Louise just stood there as he turned and left. She let the dress fall to the ground and sat on the bed,
staring at the door. Her heart was still racing and she felt like kicking something. Mainly herself, and Harry, and Roselyn and those bitches in the rest room.

Eventually she got up, had a cold shower and went to bed. She had no idea what tomorrow held for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gala Outfit

Soundtrack - OneRepublic - If I Lose Myself

Let me start by saying THANK YOU. It's really hard for me to believe that this story has over a thousand readers, more than 200 subscribers and 165 comments. You people always blow my mind and I can't thank you enough for reading, liking and commenting on the story. It really warms my heart.
Secondly, if you notice i have added Characters tab to the story. Check that out if you want to know what everyone looks like (At least in my mind). I will keeping adding people as and when they are introduced in the story.
As for the story, I would just say one thing. Good things comes to those who wait.

The Wall Of Awesome!!

iwishxthat

Cupcake1

walesmissharry

BrookieCookie490

pumpidum

Hawkchick85

brunamendes

Amelia_W4

mebg