Status: In progress

Love Bites

Prologue

Jack always knew his life was meant to be greater than it was. He was your average boy, living your average life. He was in community college and went to class, he visited his parents, he had a job at a music store, he had two best friends named Zack and Rian. Things were fine, not great, but he was getting by. All until the day he met Alex Gaskarth.
It was approaching midnight when Jack sat at the bar, downing the rest of his beer. His friend Zack had gone to the restroom, leaving Jack to think. He wasn’t alone for very long though before the seat next to him suddenly became occupied.
“Jack Daniels, please,” came the voice of a stranger.
Jack saw the bartender nod, and he was turning to inform the stranger that his seat had already been taken by Zack when he saw the stranger’s eyes flicker to his. Suddenly, he forgot completely what he had turned to say, all he could think about was how captivating the pair of eyes were. His mind seemed to go blank, his gaze morphing into a stare before the stranger made a sound. His laugh seemed melodic, ringing like bells in Jack’s ears. He was at a loss for words.
“Need something?” the stranger asked, amused.
“I-I..uh,” Jack stuttered.
“My name is Alex,” he continued, giving Jack a smirk.
His heart skipped. “I’m Jack.”
“Well, Jack, can I buy you a beer?” Alex asked.
Jack bit his lip. “Sure, Alex.”

It took two hours, and Jack and Alex were already hitting it off. They liked the same music, the same clothes, basically everything. It took two weeks for them to become best friends, hanging out almost every night. And it took two months for them to realize they were absolutely perfect for one another.