Status: In progress

Love Bites

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Why won’t you go out?” It’s a beautiful day.”
Alex grimaced. “I just can’t Jack. I- I think I’m sick.”
Jack pressed a hand to Alex’s forehead and frowned. “You don’t feel sick. If anything, you feel freezing. Are you sure you’re not dead?” he laughed.
“I-I, uh,” Alex stammered.
“ Dude, chill, it was just a joke. Now come on, let’s get some sunshine-”
As Jack opened the blinds, a small corner of sunlight hit Alex’s skin. He quickly stepped away, wincing at the uncomfortable heat. Jack raised an eyebrow.
“What’s up with you, babe? You never like to leave your house during the day.”
“I’m just…not a warm weather person, I guess.”
Jack didn’t look convinced. “Okay, whatever. I guess we can just cuddle and watch movies all day.”
He took Alex by the hand and led him back to his living room, where they picked out a movie and sat down on the couch to snuggle. Alex breathed a sigh of relief that Jack had dropped the subject and turned to focus on whatever movie he had popped into the DVD player. He wished so badly that he could be honest with him, but it just was too risky.

As night fell, Alex began to get fidgety. He hadn’t fed in days – he’d been too wrapped up in the perfect boy that was Jack, and now he was paying the price.
Jack stood up, yawning. “So, what are we doing tonight?”
“I was thinking we could grab a bite to eat and then hit up a night club or something,” Alex murmured, distantly. He could practically feel his eyes darkening with thirst.
“Mm, that sounds good. I’ll go grab my jacket and start the car.”
Jack stood up, stepping out the back door. As soon as Alex could see him disappearing to the street, he was up in a flash, flying down the basement steps and creeping toward the freezer. He let out a whimper of dismay when he found all the blood bags he’d been keeping empty. He began to rummage frantically through the dry plastic bags, the itch in his throat burning more with every second that passed. Suddenly, he heard a noise. Alex froze, tensing for an intruder, completely forgetting about Jack being the one who entered the house.
“Alex? Where’d you go?” he called.
Alex let out a sigh, relaxing out of his hunting posture.
“Down here, Jack,” he answered, hurrying back up the stairs.

Later that night, after forcing down grimy slices of pizza that Jack somehow found delicious, the two found themselves inside of a club. As they downed more and more shots, the room began to spin and Alex found it a bit more difficult to control himself. His lust for Jack was battling his lust for blood, and the alcohol on top of both was making it nearly impossible for Alex to function. He needed to get out of there and fast, before he killed someone.
He tugged on Jack’s sleeve, breaking away his attention from the dance floor.
“Yeah, babe?” Jack called loudly over the music.
“I - I’m too drunk, I need to go home,” Alex sputtered.
Jack grinned. “Can do.”
They began to maneuver through the crowd of people, thirst constricting Alex’s throat to the point of torture. He hurried Jack along, pausing to squeeze past the bouncers before stepping out into the night air.
Alex needed to feed. He had to. But he couldn't just disappear and leave Jack on his own. How could he explain that?