Status: I might actually try and type this on my ipod maybe it wont take so long, and my punctuation marks all work, maybe I can type this out faster, did I mention I can't type either. Well if I didn't, hey guess what I can't type.

Raven's Song

A Little Request

Amost a week had gone by since Caleigh's death, Raven had cancelled her trip to Daytona and had been concentrating on planning a funeral. She had finally heard from Kevin and he would be on his way back from Afghanistan in a few days. He was absolutely devastated as was Rob when she broke the news to him. He closed the club on Saturday night and just a few friends sat around there that night. A couple girls from her photography classes asked Raven if she would sing a song for a tribute video for the funeral. They would shoot her singing and use pictures and video clips of Caleigh, Raven said she would think about it. Rob tried to convince her it would be a nice idea for the memory of Caleigh. Raven gave in with a sigh, agreeing as long as she did not have to sing in front of too many people.

Back at the BAU the team sat around the conference table, on Wednesday morning, tired and frustrated they had not caught the unsub yet. Caleigh had never made it to the party she had planned on going to. They talked to a few people who had been at the party and said she never showed up. Prentiss suggested sending some one in under cover into night shade because that is were each of the victims seem to have been when they were murdered.

''Well here's the thing,'' Morgan said. ''We send an agent in there, I am almost certain they will stand out like a sore thumb, which in turn might send the unsub running for the hills. I mean I guess with some eyeliner and some dark clothes you might pass.''

Hotch clasped his hands and sighed, ''Morgan is right, I know this is not normal protocol but I think the only way is going to catch this guy is to get someone in the community to help us. I know this is probably a bad time but I think Miss Mason would be out best shot, she knows the crowd at the club, and she seems to be able to pick up on people's traits easily.''

''Do you think that is wise asking a civilian to put themselves in that position?'' Spencer asked suddenly.

Morgan gave him a strange look. ''This might be our best chance at catching this guy.''

''I agree,'' Hotch stated. ''No, this is something I would not normally do, but in this case, yes this might be our only way. First, if she is willing to help us at all is another issue. Let's get her on the phone.''

''I think it would be best if Reid here calls her, I think she trusts him the most,'' Morgan suggested

''Fine just get her on the phone.'' Hotch sighed putting the speaker phone on.

Raven picked up the phone at her shop, ''Scarlet Angel, how may I help you?''

''Raven?''

''Yes?''

''It's Reid, uh Spencer um Dr. Reid.''

''What can I do for you Dr. Reid?'' Raven asked coolly.

His face started to turn red, Morgan started to smile, and Prentiss got a confused look on her face. Morgan gave her a I will tell you later look. ''I am calling to ask you would help us finding the un-''

Raven cut him off, ''Isn't that what you guys are supposed to be doing, isn't that why you people looked into my back ground since the day I popped out of my-''

Hotch stepped in, ''Miss Mason, this is agent Hotchner, we met outside your store-''

''I know who you are.'' Raven said in a frustrated voice.

We are calling because we would like to ask for your help, I would rather not talk about it over the phone, if you could come down here as soon as possible that would be great. I also have to ask you not to mention this to anyone.''

''Fine give me about an hour.'' Raven swore under breath as she hung up her phone.

''Is everything okay?'' Rob asked her.

''Yeah, those agents want to see me for some reason.''

''Do you want me to go with you?''

''Nah I'll be fine,'' Raven answered

''I get it, Agent Loverboy is there, okay I can take a hint.'' Rob teased

''Fuck off with that already, just give it up,'' Raven grumbled, ''Come on get out of here I gotta lock up.''

''Call me later and tell me if he declares his love for you.'' Rob laughed as they walked to her car.

She flipped him the bird as she got in to her car. She decided she was not gonna rush out there and for once took her time, stopping for a coffee on her way out of D.C. She wished she knew what they wanted, all she wanted was this to be over.

Hotch shook his head after he hung up the phone. His mind went back to the first day he met Raven, arms crossed defiantly eyes blazing. ''Well she sure is something.''

Morgan snickered, ''yeah Reid thinks so too.''

Spencer shot Morgan a dirty look, ''I think I am going to go for a coffee run, anybody want anything?'' He went around taking coffee orders. When he walked into Garcia's office to take her order, Morgan was already in there, no doubt telling her about his phone fumble.

Garcia looked up at him, ''you like her don't you?''

''What? no!'' Spencer's voice went up about to octaves.''Do you want coffee or not?'' He finally got everyone's order and left. He decided he was going to take his time getting the coffee, as he was a bit nervous at how this would all turn out. He was a little worried if Raven actually did agree to help she might get hurt. He did not want to see that happen, his heart sped up a little at the thought of her.

Raven pulled up at the BAU and parked in visitor parking. She sat in her car for a moment before going in. A blue Volvo pulled in as she walked across the lot, she immediately recognized the unruly mop of the person behind the wheel. ''Great,'' she muttered to herself and sped up so she would not have to ride the elevator with him. She walked into the deserted BAU wondering why they told her to come down if no one was going to be there. Garcia came out of her office and greeted her with a hug.

''Oh sweetie I am so sorry about Caleigh, are you okay? Oh please let me know if you need anything.''

''I will thank you, where is everyone? I am supposed to meet that Hotchner guy here.''

''Oh he is on an important conference call with another division, he told me to entertain you until he is done, Morgan and Prentiss are here somewhere and Reid went for coffee, oh do you need coffee? I can tell him to bring you one.''

Raven shook her head, ''I am good thank you I had one on the way out here.''

Just as soon as Raven finished her sentence,Spencer poked his head in to hand Garcia her coffee. Raven and him both looked at each other. He almost looked like he was about to say something but just left instead. Garcia raised an eyebrow and looked at Raven, ''you're not fooling anyone with that poker face honey.''

''Excuse me?'' she felt her face getting warm.

''You couldn't cut the tension between you two with a chainsaw, it's so obvious. Garcia looked at her over her bright blue glasses almost like a parent reprimanding a child. Raven wished the floor would open up and swallow her. She barely managed to keep her composure.

''I don't what your talking about.'' Raven protested

''Keep telling yourself that, you might believe it, but if you ask me I think you and our resident genius have a mutual interest in each other.''

''The only interest he has in me is to try and get into my head and figure me out.''

'Okay okay, I can take a hint, but when you work with profilers you learn a thing or two.''

Raven could not get upset with the eccentric person sitting across from her, even though she might have struck a nerve. Spencer did look good when he had popped in to drop off the coffee, dressed in black pants, a purple shirt and a black vest. She liked the way that one stand of hair always fell across his face. Hotch stuck his head in Garcia's office to let raven know they were ready. She was actually relieved to see him. She took off her jacket and flung it over her purse and followed Hotch into the conference room. Spencer and Morgan were both there, and a woman raven didn't recognize with long black hair. She sat next to Prentiss, leaned back and crossed her arms. Her eyes met with Spencer's but she looked away quickly.

Hotch spoke up, ''I understand you have a lot of acquaintances at Nightshade''

''Yeah, my friend owns it,'' Raven replied coolly.

''I know you are very busy with your store but if you could help us and spend more time there, observe people, talk to them see if you can pick up on any cues on anyone that seem out of sorts.''

''How will I know it is him and how will you get him if it is him?'' Raven asked.

''If you meet someone you feel suspicious about, you will call us, keep him engaged in a conversation, then you must find a way to get him outside, and find a way to get him angry enough to see if there is a reaction. If it is him, there most certainly will be,then we will be able to catch him.''

Raven eyed Hotch suspiciously, ''And what if he kills me right there?''

''We are going to do everything in out power to make sure that does not happen.'' Hotch answered, ''we can give you a few minutes to think about it if you would like.''

The agents got up and left the room, Spencer lingered by the door, then went and sat down next to Raven. ''This might be the best chance we have at catching the unsub,'' he said to her softly.

Raven leaned her elbow on the table, rested her head in her palm and looked at him for a minute. Spencer found him unhinged every time she looked at him like that. He really wished he knew what she was thinking. It took every thing he had not to falter. Raven finally spoke, ''All I want is for this to be over, then we can all go on our merry way. I have a business to run and I need to concentrate on that without looking over my shoulder all the time. I had to cancel a trip, one I have been taking every year for the last thirty years. Besides I am sure you have more bad guys to catch and on ther bright side you won't have to put up with me anymore.''

As soon as the last words came out of Raven's mouth she instantly wished she could have taken them back. her face turned red in embarrassment, ''Sorry, I did not mean that, I am just so frustrated about everything that has been going on.I have to face Caleigh's fiance in a few days, I have my friend Rob constantly hovering over me and worrying about me, I have to plan the funeral, I am upset about my trip.'' She laid her head on the the table and sighed. ''Sorry I didn't mean to unload on you.''

Spencer put his hand on her arm. ''it's okay, remember what I told you about people suppressing their emotions?''

''I get it, don't bottle up your emotions,'' The next thing she did surprised Spencer, she smiled and put her hand over his which was still on her arm, and squeezed. She found herself slightly less annoyed with him. ''Thank you, I will do this for you guys because I want this guy found.''

Raven followed Spencer out to the bull pen to let Hotch know that she would help them out. He gave her a few more instructions. He also told her not to tell anyone, as it might jeopardize the case. Raven explained to Hotch that she had to tell Rob or it might jeopardize the case if she didn't because of his over protectiveness. Hotch was reluctant at first but Raven assured him that Rob could be trusted. She started to leave when Spencer called out to her.

''Raven,''she turned and looked at him. He looks so good today she had thought to herself. She immediately scolded herself for her thoughts. Listen uh if you ever need to rant again, if you still have my card you can call me.''

She smiled and nodded, ''Okay.'' She turned around and left heading for the elevators. Once the doors closed behind her, she smacked her head against the wall. ''As if he'd ever,'' Garcia's words rang in her head. ''Keep telling yourself that maybe you will believe it.'' The thing was she did keep trying to tell herself she wasn't finding herself attracted to him.

Morgan stood there looking at Spencer after Raven had left. ''Alright kid what happened in there?''

''Nothing really we just talked, but I do think she is slightly less annoyed with me.'' Spencer answered.

''Man for a genius you sure are clueless.'' Morgan shook his head and walked away.

Spencer did find himself intrigued by Raven. He thought she was quite beautiful with her wild mane of black hair and intense eyes. He shuddered slightly thinking of her piercing gaze. He thought to himself, '' She can't stand the sight of me.'' He could not figure out why his two closets friends at the BAU thought otherwise.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys are still into this. Here is a shout out to my friend Rob who noticed some mistakes in my first few chapters. I can't believe I didn't catch it haha, I'll post more soon, hope to get some feedback