Status: My frist story.

Save Me With a Song

Jake

The next morning when I woke up I was still feeling high from the day before. Even my brothers screaming and yelling couldn't put me in a bad mood. My mother was a little shocked to see me coming downstairs with a smile on my face but she quickly recovered.

"Would you like some toast this morning?" She held out a few slices to me and I took them chomping away as I headed for the car. Her smile I could still feel even as I walked away.

My dad tried to make small talk with me as we rode to school but I was a million miles away. The moment he stopped at the curb I jumped out and raced towards the steps waving behind me as my dad drove away. Other kids were calling out to one another all the groups out in full swing. I ignored everyone and headed for the top step. We met there most mornings by accident or so she said. When I reached it I looked around and smiled. For once I was there before she was.

"I can't wait to see the look on her face." I thought leaning against the railing.

But by the time the bell rang she was still nowhere in sight. I wanted to wait a few extra minutes in case she was running late but one of the teachers on morning duty ushered me inside along with everyone else. I headed for class hoping she would be in soon. Lunch came though and our table was empty. Where was she?

"Hey did you notice that freak Elizabeth isn't in school today." The obnoxious sounding voice came from the table across from me. It's owner was the captain of all the populars in the kingdom.

"I know right? She is such a loser!"

"Why does she even come to our school again? I thought it was for the special and elite."

"Oh she's special alright. Special ed!"

That last comment came with a round of laughs that sickened me to my stomach. Elizabeth were are you?