‹ Prequel: Here With Me
Sequel: Youth

Mirrors

Closer

Image

June 19th, Wednesday

"Is it bad that I convinced my pregnant friend to sit on the edge of my roof so I could take a picture of her?" Blair chuckled as he leaned out his window, looking through the camera's lens taking photos of me.

I smiled and laughed, "Probably, but I agreed to do it."

"It's just that you look so lovely this morning, I wanted to get a picture of you." He replied, holding out his hand to me.

"As proof that I am capable of looking good in the mornings?" I laughed, taking his hand and holding it firmly as I inched along the edge of the roof till I got to the window sill.

He grinned, "No." He helped me back inside. "It's almost nine now, I should be getting to the fittings for today, did you want to come with me or did you wanna hang out around here?"

"I'll stay around here, I wanted to go down to that little café across the street to get something for breakfast." I replied as I slipped off my shoes and flexed my feet.

"Okay, well I'll be back around three, we can go for a late lunch. My time slot for dress rehearsal is at five, so I'll bring you with me so you'll have an idea of what will go down tomorrow." He walked over to the table and took his jacket from the chair and neatly slipped it on, fixing the collar of his shirt and the lapel of his jacket.

"Sounds good, I'll be sure to bring my camera to get some photos of you in action." I smiled, leaning back against the sill of the open window.

A small smile tugged at the sides of his lips as he took one last sip of his tea, before taking the mug to the sink, "I'll be sure to look my best then. And our evening is free, so we can go to the Moulin Rouge if you wanted to, or whatever. I'll call you after twelve." He grabbed his keys from the table and headed for the door.

"Have fun." I giggled.

He looked over his shoulder at me and made a face, "Yeah, 'cause fittings are always fun." He laughed as he left the studio.

In Blair's Life
3:15pm


"Christian, are you sure you want to do this?" I sighed as I got out of my car, I was on my cell phone talking to my hopelessly romantic friend. He gave an exasperated sigh and I could imagine him tearing his hair out, "Blair, I'm already in Paris. I need to see her, I can't wait anymore!"

I gave a short laugh and rolled my eyes as I entered my apartment building, "Bonjour." I greeted the old French woman who lived in the building, she goes by the name of Madame Dubois. She smiles warmly and exchanges the same greeting as she walks by.

"Who are you talking to?" Christian asked.

"Madame Dubois."

"Oh. Well, Blair, I need to see Avery."

"When were you wanting to see her?"

"Tomorrow. No later than tomorrow." He spoke in a stern tone.

"My show is tomorrow, FYI. I was planning on introducing her to A$ap Rocky and Terry Richardson." My jaw clenched as I ascended the four flights of stairs up to my place.

"This won't interfere with it. I'll be there too Blair, I wouldn't miss your show. But after, that's what I mean. Tomorrow night."

"But remember what I said. If she becomes more upset than I anticipated, you're gone. She can't be under stress, she finally has a break from her atrocious husband and that life in London."

"I know, I understand. But how is she doing? Does she like Paris?"

"Like is a major understatement. She's loving it. She gave me a list of all the things she wanted to do here. Honestly, I'm seeing a side of her that I've never seen before and I'm really liking it. She seems so free and happy, like a little girl. I wish she were like this all the time." I made it up to the final flight of stairs and approached the top of them, nearing my door.

"I'm glad she's here. I can't wait to see her, I just...I never thought I'd get another chance like this." He spoke quietly as if he were haunted by it.

"Well don't mess it up, I want you both to have a real chance at happiness. The key is to take things slow." I took out my keys and unlocked my door, she was listening to one of the songs we picked out for my show; the new one by Arcade Fire, Reflektor.

"I can't get enough of this song! It's perfect for your show. Street-style meets smart casual." She laughed as she did a little dance in the middle of the room. I could hear Christian gasp and I listened to him whisper her name. "Avery."

"It is perfect for the show. You should dance down the runway like that too." I smiled at her as I awkwardly slipped off my jacket with the phone to my ear. She smiled back and rolled her eyes, "In four inch platforms? I'll end up killing myself."

I just laughed before turning my attention back to my desperate friend on the phone, "I have to go now, we'll talk later."

He ignored me and went on, "Blair, her voice, it's been so long since I've heard it. Is she staying with you?"

I sighed, "Yes." I watched Avery fool around, making herself laugh.

"I thought you lived in a one bedroom studio? And she's staying with you? Did you share your room?"

"To sleep, yes. Nothing is going on," I laughed, "Relax."

He gave a relieved sigh, but I had no choice but to end our conversation abruptly, so Avery wouldn't ask who I was talking to. "I'm sorry. I have to go, I'll call you later." I chuckled, hanging up on him.

"Now how 'bout that lunch you mentioned?" She grinned, leaning against the back of the couch out of breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
#boom

....getting closer and closer :}

Blair Comeau