‹ Prequel: The Hand of Destiny
Status: Complete :')

The Most Unexpected Faces

Hyper, Crazy And In Love

C.C’s POV

~

We were somewhere between Kansas and Indiana; I didn’t know exactly, tour dates and locations tended to blur together on the longer tours. We’d finished the show and while I still had energy, I was looking forward to chilling on the bus. Out of the blue though, Jake told me not to get too comfy on the couch as we were going out. I reluctantly showered and got ready, all the while wondering what Jake had planned. Despite being slightly tired I was excited, Jake had told me it was going to be well worth missing some sleep.

When we walked through the entrance gate to a large state fair, I decided that he’d definitely delivered on his promise.

“Can we go on go on rides and eat cotton candy and see if they have one of those really hairy women?!” I asked, tugging on his hand excitedly.

What can I say? I love state fairs!

Jake chuckled softly at me and gave me a one armed hug as we walked.

“Anything you want baby, let’s start over here” he grinned, leading us to the left and over towards a pendulum ride called Freak Out.

Definitely looks like my kind of thing, wait does that thing… ah shit, I don’t know whether to be excited or scared! Okay, let’s be both!

“Wanna go on this one?” Jake asked me, nodding towards the ride like I couldn’t see the massive metal machine with flashing lights in front of me.

“Hell yes!” He laughed fondly at my enthusiasm and led us over to the ride. Since we had arrived later than most people would due to the show, there wasn’t much of a queue at the front rides; most people had now made their way to attractions further back.

After we’d settled ourselves down in the hard seats and clicked our safety belts into place, I felt Jake grasp my hand between the seats, holding it tight. That’s another thing that made the whole night sweeter; Jake likes rollercoasters and thrill rides but they scare him slightly, so the fact that he took me to a fair because I love rides despite his own fear is so thoughtful!

“Ready?” I asked, giving his hand a squeeze.

“Yup” he confirmed cheerfully.

As the ride started to pull forward I couldn’t help but make an innuendo.

“Scream for me, baby” I purred seductively and added a wink for the desired flirty effect. Before he could reply the ride picked up speed dramatically and we flew into the air, screaming like teenage girls as we went. I looked to the side to see Jake screaming as well with his eyes shut, still clutching my hand. I could just make out a smile playing on his face when he briefly stopped screaming bloody murder.

I really do love him; he always knows how to surprise me in the best ways.

*****

We went on a few more rides before deciding it was probably time to take a break (well, I strongly suggested it since Jake looked ready to throw up).

“You want some cotton candy? Or do you wanna try some of that roasted meat shit that that man over there is selling? I must warn you though, he doesn’t look licensed and or like he’s showered recently, you want to risk it?” He asked with a grin and a raised eyebrow.

“What’s his personal hygiene got to do with it?” I asked, not caring about the need for a license either; it’s hot roasted meat, of course I wanted to eat it!

“Making food with unclean hands is gross? Not to mention the fact that if he doesn’t care how clean he is, he probably doesn’t care how clean the food is either! It could’ve been dropped up the floor for all you know!” he laughed, half joking, half seriously grossed out.

“Oooh! Free floor toppings!” I cheered, just because I knew it would make him pull that expression that is both amused and disgusted.

“You, My friend.” He said, poking me lightly in the side. “Are gross.” And with that he started making his way over to the vendor selling fresh cotton candy, obviously deciding against the questionable meat.

We were almost at the front of the small queue of hungry people when three familiar faces popped up next to us.

“Hey, you guys!” Jake said to the three techs that joined our crew recently, who were smiling and holding frozen slushie drinks.

“Hey Jake! C.C! I didn’t know you guys were at this thing!” The dark haired tech responded.

What’s his name? Zane? Zander? Oh, yeah! Zander, of course!

“Yeah! Jakey took me here for a surprise!” I answered, grinning at him.

“Hi!” the red head - who I’d remembered was called Chris - spoke up. I noticed in the carnival lights that he was wearing eye shadow and lipstick as well as your standard guy liner. It suited him well though; the pale pink of the lipstick went well with his hair and complexion.

“Hi Chris! You alright?”

“Yeah! Well, apart from how Jack was nearly sick on me earlier. He gave the short boy with blue hair on his left a weak glare but softened it with a grin at the end.

“Leave it out! It was a fast ride!” he defending, knocking Chris in the side lightly.

For the next half an hour we walked around as a group, content to laugh and joke with our new tour mates. I spent more time talking to Chris than to Jack or Zander, not on purpose, we just really clicked personality wise, you know? We found a lot to talk about; I liked him, he’s a great guy. I felt a little bad though, after all, this was mine and Jake’s thing and I’m not really talking to him.

I’ll make sure I make it up to him.

We made our way up to another thrill ride further back in the park - one that zoomed up high in the air before plummeting down again. On our way there, Chris put his arm casually around my shoulders while we walked. Not that I minded, I’m known to be over affectionate. I knew Jake wouldn’t get the wrong idea though - after all, we barely knew them – so I didn’t shrug his arm off.

Besides, I’m sure they all know Jake and I are together, so Chris wouldn’t try anything.

“Ready for this?” the boy asked with a grin whilst looking at the Jumping Jack.

“Ready” I confirmed with a nod.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll leave y'all to make your own assumptions about this chapter #GivingNothingAway ;)

p.s sorry for slow update! Exams and shit, you know?

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt