Sequel: If It Ain't Broke

Don't Wave No Goodbye

but that don't make it logical

A week or so after the night at the pub, Darcy joins Nick in giving Lex a walk around the park, the two of them catching up after not being able to speak to each other properly during work hours.

“So then, what did you think of Harry? Charming, isn’t he?” Nick pries with that infuriating smile of his.

Darcy smacks him, holding back a grin. “He does have a way of making you feel special. No wonder he manages to have so many people fall into his bed so easily. Four hundred and ten? Quite a feat. Yourself included then, Grim?”

“Oi! No need for that, please,” Nick says with a laugh, the two of them coming to a stop while Lex sniffs a bush. “And please, he’s not my type. And I don’t think I’m his, either.”

“Not your type? With curls and lips like his, and those big doe eyes? He’s your type all over,” Darcy responds, ignoring the little huff Nick gives in response. “Wait, so you mean he’s not… I always had him pegged as bi, wanting a little bit of everything.”

Nick snorts at this. “Who knows with that kid, he’s very against labels. I think he just goes after what he wants, very modern, you know. Although I think it’s a load of bollocks that he’s been with that many women, I wouldn’t believe it.”

“He is very young for a number that big,” Darcy agrees with a degree of concern in her voice. “Then again, he is an international popstar, he could pull anyone he wants on all his ports of call.”

“Nah, not Harry. Bit sensitive, he is. Likes relationships and connections and all that. Strange, I think,” Nick answers, giving Lex’s lead a quick yank to put them on their way again.

“Not the Grimshaw way of doing it, is it?” Darcy teases, and Nick leans over to give her a light pinch. “Ow!”

“You’re getting too big for your designer boots, Ms. Lewis,” Nick laughs, but doesn’t look at all put out.

“Root and scoot? Fuck and chuck?” Darcy lists, and Nick can’t help but giggle before trying to think up his own.

The conversation is interrupted when Lex decides that the middle of the park is the perfect place to do his business and Nick spends a minute glaring at the dog before fishing out a plastic bag from his pocket to pick it up with, whinging the entire time.

“You’re such a diva, Grimshaw,” Darcy responds affectionately, grinning wider when Nick flips her off. “And hey, what was the point in inviting Harry Styles to my drinks anyway? Completely uncalled for really, I mean, yeah, we get it, you’ve got lots of famous friends!”

Nick doesn’t responds, just smirks to himself, causing Darcy to gasp. “You little shit, Grim. You’re not really trying to play matchmaker, are you? Ugh, you twat.”

“What? He’s a nice lad, and he’s got a thing for older women,” Nick defends himself, while Darcy just shakes her head.

“Really Grimmy? He’s an international popstar for one thing, and for another, far too young for me. Who says I’m looking for anyone right now, anyway?” Darcy answers, glaring at Nick for trying to hook her up with Harry freaking Styles of all people.

“Alright, alright, keep your panties on. I get it, international popstars, not for you. But regardless of all that, he’s a good mate of mine and you were bound to meet at some point anyway. Besides, I never get to see the little bastard so I invited him for me just as much as for you,” Nick says finally, obviously feeling a little guilty about it all.

“Hmm. Sure,” Darcy answers, unconvinced. “But anyway, we never got to bottom of why you hate Louis Tomlinson so much? If you’re not shagging Harry, then what possible reason could there be for the two of you to hate each other?”

“Some things are better left alone, my dear friend,” Nick says, throwing an arm around Darcy and bringing her in tightly.

“You’re a piece of work, Grimshaw,” Darcy replies, her tone fond which makes Nick smile.

“And you’re just something special, aren’t ya? Now come on, we’ve got places to be tonight!”

“Really? I was just thinking about staying home tonight and – "

“Nonsense!” Nick shakes his head. “If you want to be half the socialite I am, you need to step up your game! Come along, then, Darce!”

Darcy grins at this, once more thanking the universe for Nick Grimshaw, because the world would be just so dull without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
never fear, now that we know what grimmy's up to, there's gonna be a lot more harry, woo!
updating again so soon because i logged on this morning and was completely overwhelmed by all your lovely comments! honestly, you're all fantastic and it makes me so happy to know you're enjoying this story!
i'm most likely going to update again today due to this being such a short chapter and because i'm very fond of the next chapter :)
thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting! <3
(warrior // kimbra + mark foster)