Status: short, pointless story

Of Gods and Fame

of hollywood hunks and irritated friends

23rd April, 2013.

Hello, fellow Hardingers! If you’re like us — and we know that you are, you’ll be wondering what’s happened to Hollywood hunk Nate Harding. Reports say that after publicly announcing his split from former co-star Melody Lewis, the newly-single Nate headed down to Australia to visit his family — including his sister (and former supermodel) Anna, who is currently pregnant with her second child! Cah-ute!

Nate has been spotted looking particularly unlike himself in bright red sunglasses and black clothing — obviously wanting to draw as little attention to himself as possible. We here athollywoodhunknews.com think that that’s impossible, Nate! With a face like yours and a body to boot you are one undisguisable (and gorgeous) man!

We can only hope that he doesn’t find himself a new sheila down there, because we’re all enjoying his newly single status!

Don’t worry, Hardingers! We’ll keep you posted on this hunk’s happenings!

[Click here for photos!]


——————————

“You have got to be kidding me.”

Chloe had stormed into my house, ignoring the fact that I was dressed in only a large, tattered Fall Out Boy shirt and a pair of Spongebob slippers, and had sat down on the couch across from me. She was — as usual, looking perfect, with her hair in soft waves and a light pink dress covering her body. Looking down disgustedly at myself, I swiftly wiped the Cheezel crumbs from my mouth and sniffed my armpits to make sure that I wasn’t appallingly smelly.

“By all means, invite yourself inside,” I grumbled, grabbing the remote and turning the TV off before she realised that I was watching The Rugrats.

She glared at me, crossing her arms over her chest with lowered brows and a furious look on her face. “Was that Nate Harding?” she said quickly, narrowing her eyes at me and gesturing wildly.

I glanced toward the blank TV screen with wide eyes, before turning back to look at her. “I’m pretty sure it was just Tommy Pickles.”

Chloe stared at me blankly. “Now is not the time for your weirdness, okay Naja? I meant yesterday — at McDonalds. Was that Nate Harding in the red sunglasses standing beside our table?”

Oh. “Yeah.”

She looked appalled, her face flushed a furious red as she glared at me. “Why didn’t you tell me? I made a fool out of myself. How on earth do you know him? Why was he talking to you?”

I blinked. “We met at my dad’s bakery…?” It wasn’t supposed to come out like a question, but it did. Chloe had turned as purple as a beetroot and looked like she was having trouble breathing, and it was scaring the crap out of me to say the least.

“We’re going to your dad’s bakery,” she said swiftly, grabbing my wrist and dragging me upwards in such hast that my box of cheezels spilled all over the floor.

“Hey… hey there, crazy, I’m actually busy this afternoon…” Her glare silenced me. “Can I at least put some pants on?” I asked awkwardly.

She looked me up and down, a disgusted look covering her features. A red blush crept onto my cheeks as I brushed the crumbs away from my shirt. “You have five minutes.”

I sprinted up the stairs.

———————

“What time is it?”

I glanced up at the clock, drumming my fingers against the table and letting out a yawn. “Three-fifteen,” I said tiredly, glancing up at the pacing girl.

“We’ve been here for hours,” she complained, collapsing onto the chair beside me. “This is ridiculous. Why isn’t he here?”

I could most certainly agree that this was ridiculous, but I held back my thoughts as I looked at her oddly. “He came here once. Days ago. What do you expect… he’ll have some sort of buzzing signal that will tell him that there’s a hormonal, willing young girl waiting at the bakery?” Her glare was scorching. “Or… you know… this is ridiculous,” I amended awkwardly, pushing my hair away from my face.

Just then, the door slowly opened and someone walked in, glancing around the bakery with swift eyes. “You have got to be kidding me.”

“Hey Naja,” he greeted, a grin spreading across his lips as he saw me. Chloe had gone silent, staring at the newcomer with wide eyes. Finally pulling his eyes away from me, he seemed to notice that there was another person and looked at her with furrowed brows. “Didn’t end up getting your water, did I? Sorry about that.”

Coming to her senses, Chloe pushed herself up from the table and walked over to him; a subtle sway to her hips and a wide smile on her lips. “I’m Chloe,” she said sweetly, her lips curling as she blinked up at him. “I’m a big fan.”

He blinked as he looked down at her, glancing over at me quizzically. “Er… thank you. I’m just… after chocolate eclairs.”

She bit her lip and smiled, toying with a strand of her hair. “I’ll check out the back for you, if you like. Free of charge.” Something else seemed like it was free of charge, too, I thought to myself amusedly. I wasn’t even sure that she knew where ‘the back’ was, but the whole situation was too amusing to pass up.

“Nah, he’s paying for them,” I interrupted, and Nate’s eyes snapped over to meet mine, the corner of his lips quirking into a half smile. “I’m sure he’s more than able to.”

Nate chuckled and Chloe reddened slightly, giving me a look that I couldn’t decipher. “I’d appreciate it if you could grab them,” he said kindly to her, giving her his heart stopping smile. She froze for a second, her cheeks reddening before she nodded vigorously.

“I’ll be back in a second,” she said, staring at him for a few silent seconds before stumbling towards the back of the shop.

I drummed my fingers on the table, ignoring his gaze.

“Wanna go to the park?”

I blinked, my eyes snapping up to meet his in confusion. “What?”

He grinned, and I felt my stomach squeeze uncomfortably and a warmth creep up the back of my neck. “Come with me to the park,” he said simply, his ridiculous grin widening as he noticed how flustered I was becoming.

“But… chocolate eclairs… Chloe.”

His eyes were full of laughter as he looked at me, and my cheeks began to redden so significantly that I must have looked like I had a cherry for a head. “She’s a bit much — your friend. No offence. I felt like she was going to eat me,” he joked, eyes twinkling as he looked down at me.

“Naja?”

I flinched in surprise and Nate let out a soft, amused laugh, smothering his grin as I forced myself to look anywhere but him. “Yeah, Chloe?” My voice was slightly croaky, and I cleared my throat, glaring furiously at the wooden table in humiliation.

“Where are the chocolate eclairs?”

“Um.” I blinked furiously at the table, trying to act like I wasn’t completely embarrassed as I glanced towards the back of the store. “They’re probably in the big fridge in the back corner of the storage area.”

It was silent for a few moments, and I could feel him watching me. Then he shocked me by grabbing my hand, his hand warm and stark in mine, and I looked up at him in bewilderment, my stomach flipping and churning and my breathing becoming ragged. “What are yo-”

He tugged me upwards, lips curled and blue eyes sparkling. “To the park. Quick.”

I stumbled out of my chair, still heavily confused. But before I knew it he was pulling me out of the store and I was stumbling along behind him, and he was laughing so heavily that I couldn’t help but smile and break out into a run.

“Race you to the park!” I shouted, wrenching my hand from his and taking off in a sprint.

His laughter followed me all the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! I decided to make the story longer than I'd originally planned because I felt like parts were missing, so it'll now be about ten chapters altogether. Yep.

LOVE YOU GUYS FOR THE FEEDBACK.