Status: Brace yourselves, evil is coming.

Sinister Minds

Chapter One

Faster. Faster. You have to run faster. Run faster. You have to keep moving, one foot after the other you can do it. Don’t give up, never give up. Breathe in, breathe out, you can do this.

Her lungs burned as she attempted to push herself off the edge of her limits. It felt as though if she stopped running her legs would crumble and float away in a million little pieces. Somehow the more she ran the less she could feel, she knew it was adrenaline but she also knew the high she was running on wouldn’t last. She didn’t dare look back not wanting to take that chance. There was hope on the horizon, a hope that pushed her onwards. With each step she was further and further away from where she started. The inevitable happened and she was forced to stop when she could go no further. Her chest heaved as she looked at the end of the line. At least that is what it felt like; the end of the line. Whatever hope she had been ripped from her being as she looked down from the top of the cliff. It was so dark she didn’t know what was below all she knew was that it was likely filled with jagged rocks that would break and mangle her body as gravity took its course. The sounds of her pursuers grew closer and closer. What had happened to the others entered her mind and she knew she had no other choice. Her whole body shook as she rocked back and forth on her heels preparing for what she was about to do. She looked behind her, seeing them rushing at her, firearms at the ready. Looking back to what lied ahead of her, she kept her gaze on the moon in the dark starry sky as she flung herself off the cliff.

How did everything go so wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been so long since I've posted anything and I really want to push myself to write an original story. This is a taste of what I have been working on. Hopefully you all enjoy. Thanks for reading.