All the Faint Lights

019:

Chapter Nineteen
"I don't think you broke it," Kris said as he looked at my throbbing hand.

"Well that's good," I said and he nodded his head and then placed the bag of ice over my hand.

"Just keep that there for a little while," he said and I nodded my head.

We were back at Geno's house, Sidney was talking with Geno in the living room, Max was sitting on the kitchen counter watching Kris as he wrapped some cloth around my hand so that I didn't have to constantly hold the ice.

Roxy trotted into the kitchen and placed her front paws on Kris' leg. He smirked towards her and then scratched her head. I smiled when Roxy left and then came back with one of Jeffrey's toys, wanting to play tug-a-war with Kris.

"Trish is on her way," Sidney said as he walked into the room.

"Why?" I asked as I looked at him hop up onto the counter next to Max.

"She's your sister," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly, she's not my mom," I growled and then stood up and walked out of the room, heading onto the back porch and looked up at the stars.

"It's cold out here, ma belle dame," I heard and turned to see Kris there.

"I'm fine," I sighed and then felt him place his jacket over my shoulders, "Or not."

"It’s cold out here, ma belle dame,” he repeated as he sat down next to me on the step and wrapped his arms around his knees.

“What does that mean?” I asked, looking at him.

“What?”

“Ma bella-“

“Belle,” he correctly and I laughed nervously and he smiled, “Ma belle dame,” he said and I nodded my head.

“What does that mean?” I smiled and Kris turned his body a little towards me.

“My beautiful lady,” he said and I blushed and looked towards the grass.

“Thanks,” I muttered and Kris chuckled and bumped his shoulder into mine.

“It’s true,” he said and it made my face feel only hotter.

“You must get pretty far with the girl with that French of yours,” I smirked towards him and he smiled and then shrugged his shoulders.

“Is it working on you?” he asked and I bite my lip.

“Maybe,” I laughed and Kris smirked and then leaned in.

“Well then, if it’s working, then I guess that it’s my secret weapon,” he muttered against my ear and I shiver at his hot breath against my ear.

“I guess so,” I blushed and then heard the back door open and turned to see Sidney letting Roxy out to see us, “Hi pretty girl!” she ran right over towards me and rubbed her head on my shoulder and then turned to Kris and started to lick his face. I laughed because he didn’t see that coming, “She likes you.”

“Yeah, but I don’t make it a habit to have a dog stick her tongue practically down my throat,” he said and I laughed harder and patted Roxy’s back.

-Sidney-
“So how many people like her now?” I asked as I walked into the kitchen to see Geno and Max in there talking.

“What you mean?” Geno asked and I sighed and nudged my head towards the back door.

“Well, Nealer, Gronk and you have a thing for her,” I said and Geno’s face turned red and I smirked, “Looks like Tanger does too.”

“Aw shit, if Tanger’s got a thing for her, you three are in trouble,” Max laughed and Geno sighed and shook his head, walking towards the back door only to quickly turn around walked out of the kitchen looking angry.”

Not long after that, Geno’s doorbell rang and I answered it to see Trisha standing there looking angry, she stormed in and went into the kitchen, where Max told her where Caroline was. Geno ended up coming back into the kitchen when Jeffrey behind him because they were both curious about where all the yelling was coming from. I don’t Trisha was even out of the door before she and Caroline were going at it. Kris ended up running back into the house looking like a scared puppy, saying that girls were scary.

“Yo Sid, go look to see if they’re finished clawing at each other,” Max said and I sighed and walked over towards the back door to look and see that Trisha and Caroline were glaring at each other.

“Everything all right?” I asked as I walked outside and the two girls snapped their heads at me.

“Sid, tell her to stop treating me like I’m a child!” Caroline yelled and I stopped in my tracks, a deer in the headlights.

“Uh,” I didn’t know what to say.

“She treats me like a child all the time and I’m sick of it!”

“Uh,” still had nothing.

“Sid, tell her to making me worry sick about her, she’s my baby sister!” Trisha yelled and I started to back up.

“Danger zone, danger zone,” I kept muttering as I walked back into the house and walked into the kitchen.

“Danger zone?” Max laughed and I blushed and nodded my head.

-Caroline-
“Trish, I’m your baby sister, not your daughter!” I said and Trisha looked at the ground, “Even Asher and Gordon don’t baby me, so why do you?”

“Because I promised mom that I would take care of all of you!” Trisha said and I sighed, “When she died she wanted to make sure that her children were going to be safe and taken care of.”

“Then take care of me, but as a sister, not a mother! I had a mother!”

“We had a mother!” Trisha corrected and I nodded my head, “I’m not trying to replace her, I’m just trying to make sure that you’re all right.”

“I’m fine, but you can’t send out a whole team of hockey players to search for me when I’m gone a few hours. I’m an adult, I can leave the house to go to the park in the middle of the night,” I said and she sighed, “We live together, we’re roommates, you don’t own the house, we both do, so I don’t have to check in with you all of the time.”

“Linny, I’m just trying to take care of you,” Trisha said and I shook my head.

“I don’t want you smother me! That’s what you’re doing! My own sister is smothering me,” I said and Trisha sighed.

“I’m sorry, that was never my intention,” she said and I nodded my head. After a few minutes of making up, Trisha sat down on the step with me and sighed, “So, I hear you added Geno to the list of men falling for you.”

“What?” I looked at her confused.

“James, Jordan and Geno,” she said and I blushed, “Are you and Nealer going to get together?”

“He’s cute, but he’s such an asshole!” I growled and Trisha giggled.

“He just doesn’t know how to talk to you,” she defended and I looked at her, “He likes you, comes into my office and asks me how to talk to you.”

“Really?” I asked and she smirked and nodded her head.

“Jordan still talks about how he’s the one who got further with you than the others,” Trisha said and I snorted.

“We made out, big whoop,” I said and Trisha sighed.

“Still got further than Geno or James,” Trisha said and I rolled my eyes and then felt her nudge her shoulder into me.

“You got Crosby,” I said and Trisha blushed and I laughed, “Yeah, how’s that feel?!”

“Feels pretty good, but I wouldn’t mind having three guys than to one,” she said and my face heat up so much, I’m pretty sure that I would have melted the snow around me if there were any.

“Well, four,” I said and she looked at me wide eyed, “I think Kris like me too.”

“Tanger?” she asked and I nodded my head.

“If not me, then Roxy,” I laughed and then Trisha rolled her eyes.

“God damn, Linny! A Russian, a Frenchman, and two Canadians! What the hell?!”