All the Faint Lights

020:

Chapter Twenty
"Linny, are you coming to the game tonight?" Jordan asked anxiously and I nodded my head.

"Are you coming down after the game?" Kris asked as he skated over and I giggled and nodded my head.

"Are you coming to my party after we win the game?" Max asked as he skated up and ended up getting snow on me, "Sorry."

"Yeah, I think I'll pass on the party," I said as I whipped the ice off of my clothes.

"Oh come on, you seemed to be having fun last time," Max smiled widely and I rolled my eyes as he nudged his head over towards Jordan.

"No, I'm gunna pass on the party," I said as I waved towards the boys and headed off of the bench and down the hall.

"Caroline," I heard and turned my head to see James walking towards me, I sighed and looked up towards him, not really wanting to talk to him because of how it ended the last time we spoke.

"What?"

"Look, I'm-"

"If you're here to apologize, save it," I growled and he looked a little taken back, "There's no point, you're just going to say something else that's going to piss me off and you're going to have to apologize again."

"Oh so now you think you know me," he said angrily and I sighed and nodded my head.

"You haven't been able to talk to me without being rude since the second we met," I stated as I turned around and started to walk down the hallway, "I'm pretty sure I know you by now."

-James-
"My guess is that she'll go for either Geno or Tanger," Marc said as we all finished showering after practice and started to get dressed.

"What?! Why not me?!" Jordan yelled as he threw a shirt on.

"Oh please, you're just after her because Nealer wants her! And plus she's hot!" Tyler yelled and then laughed when Jordan shrugged his shoulders and sat down.

"Well, what about Nealer?" Geno asked and I looked at Marc.

"He likes her, but he can't talk to her," Sidney answered and the guys laughed.

"Like you can do any better!" Max yelled and Sidney smirked.

"I at least have a girlfriend," he smirked and Max rolled his eyes.

"Yeah right- Wait, Trisha?!" Max asked and Sidney smirked and nodded his head, "Good for you man!"

"Well, we we're down to our final two," Pascal said as he looked back and forth between Geno and Kris.

"Why not me?" I asked and Pascal sighed.

"Because the more you talk to her, the more she hates you," Jordan said and I growled towards him, "Either learn how to talk to her or cut your losses and look for someone else."

"You know, Geno and Tanger never even said that they were going after her," Kunitz said and everyone looked at him and then back at Geno and Kris, who were both looking at the ground and blushing, "Never mind."

"So this girl has four players chasing after her?" Max asked and then laughed and looked at Jordan, "Well, three and a half, Jordan's just after her to get in her pants."

"Screw you, Talbo! I'm still the only one who got further with her!"

"You made out with her, Staalsy, big freaking whoop!" we heard and turned to see Trisha walking into the locker room, "So this is what you guys talk about in here? My sister?"

"Pretty much," Jordan said and I sighed and sat down on the bench.

"Heard you stuck out again, Nealer," Trisha said as she placed her hand on my shoulder, "I know you can talk to girls, so why not Linny?"

"Don't know," I sighed and then cracked my neck.

"Tanger, I hear you have a thing for her too!" she laughed as Kris' face grew bright red, "Oh, this is gunna be fun."

-Caroline-
"No, no, no, put the record here!" I growled as I tried to help the new girl out, apparently I was left in charge to train her in the music store.

"Linny! Get out of here," Andy said as he brought another box out from the back, "You're going to be late to your game," he said and I looked at the clock to see that it was almost six thirty, I had stayed a half hour more than I was supposed to.

"Why didn't you tell me before?!" I growled as I ran towards the back and grabbed my stuff and then ran out of the store, almost plowing down a middle aged couple.

I got to the game and parked in the players parking lot, got through security, thank you for having a sibling as an employee, and managed to find Trisha sitting in the wives and girlfriends box.

"I was wondering if you were going to make it," Trisha said and I sighed.

"Sorry, I got hung up at work," I said and she nodded her head. I looked towards the big TV that was pointed towards the ice and saw that the boys were skating around, getting ready for the puck to drop, "Who are we playing?"

"Red Wings," a woman answered and then introduced herself to be Carole-Lyne Dupuis.

"Caroline Donnelly," I smiled and then shook her hand.

"Oh! So you're the famous Caroline that the boys talk about," she said and I looked at her a little surprised.

"Uh, what boys?" I asked, feeling the heat rushing to my face. Carole called some more women over and they all introduced themselves and started to say about how pretty I was, "Wait, wait, wait, what boys talk about me?!"

"Oh sweetie, they all gossip to us," a woman known as Veronique said.

"And you're-"

"Oh, Marc's wife," she said and I smiled and shook her hand.

"I love Marc, he's so funny," I smiled and Veronique laughed and nodded her head, "So what kind of gossip do the boys talk about?"

"Well, you seem to be the catch of the single boys' eyes," Maureen Kuntiz said and I blushed, "Tanger, Staalsy, Geno and Nealer," she smiled and I hid my face in my hands.

"Oh no need to be embarrassed!" Veronique laughed, "We know about everything!"

'...This is getting a little awkward...' I thought as I heard the horn go off, showing that the boys had made a goal, '...When did the game start?...'

By the third period, the girls were all talking to me, asking what it felt like to make out with Jordan, what Geno's house looked like, what it felt like sleeping in the same bed as James. I was getting really uncomfortable finding out that they really did know everything.

The game went by so fast, I barely watched it, but I did managed to see Kris make the second goal. The boys won, the final score being three to two, Sidney scored the goal two minutes before the game was over. The girls and I waited for about an hour for the guys to come up to the suites to see us.

I smiled when Kris walked over towards me and I congratulated him on his goal. He stood next to me and leaned against the couch, it wasn't long after that, when Geno was next to me. We started to talk and Geno had mentioned that one of the players on the Red Wings team reminded him of one of the kids that we ran into the other day, he was all talk and no action. Kris laughed as he said that he was waiting for me to come out onto the ice and throat punch him too, just like I did to that kid.

We were all laughing when Max announced that he was having a party at his house, Geno walked off to do something, so Kris and I were left alone again.

"Are you going to go?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I told you before," I said and he nodded his head, "The only reason I was there last time was because Jake would have killed me if we didn't go."

Kris smirked and then nodded his head again and we looked around the room to see that some of the guys were leaving, "You want to do something?" he asked and I looked at him surprised.

"Right now?" I asked and he smirked and nodded his head, I smiled and nodded my head, "Uh, sure, as long as it doesn't involve parties," I laughed and he smiled and nodded his head, grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room, "Where are we going?" I asked, wondering if people saw us leave.

"You'll see," he said and I nodded my head, letting him lead me to where ever he was taking me.