All the Faint Lights

026:

Chapter Twenty Six
"You want a taste?" James asked and I looked at him unsure, but he chuckled and cut me off a little piece and held his fork out, "It's not bad, honest! I actually think it's my favorite dish."

"All right," I said slowly and then leaned in and took the food from his fork. I smirked and then shook my head.

"Good?" James laughed and I nodded my head, "See! You should have went with it!"

"All right, you're right, I should have," I smiled and James laughed and took a bite of his food and I blushed, seeing that he was using the fork that I had just tasted off of.

After we ate and talked to our fill, I still have food on my plate, but I'm pretty sure that if we weren't out in public, James would have licked his plate clean.

"Oh my god, I'm stuffed!" I said and James smiled and nodded his head, "That was so good, I think I'll need a doggie bag."

The waiter came and took our plates and said that he would return with my food in a container. I nodded my head and then finished off my beer and placed the cold glass back on the table.

"Any room for desert?" James asked and I laughed and shook my head.

"I'm full, but thank you," I said and James nodded his head, and grabbed his wallet. I went for my purse and James shook his head and told me that he had it, "James' it's all right-"

"It's not a date unless the man pays," he stated and I sighed and put my purse back down, "Thank you, you can get it next time."

"Really?"

"No," James laughed and I rolled my eyes. The waiter returned with my container and placed some mints on the table, telling us to have a good night. James helped me put my jacket on and then we walked out of the restaurant and back to his car.

"Where are we going now?" I laughed and James smiled and shook his head.

"Secret," he said and I giggled and then rolled my eyes.

The car started and James pulled out of the parking lot and jumped onto the highway. We were heading back into the city, and I didn't know why, but I watched through the window as we went right through Pittsburgh and into the next town.

"Where are we going?" I giggled a little and James smirked, "Are you kidnapping me?"

"Maybe," he said and I sighed and sat in my seat.

I was curious when we pulled into a neighborhood full of big houses, '...My home could fit in these houses...'

"I just have to pick something up, really quick, I promise," James said as we pulled into a driveway and my eyes widened.

"This is your house?!" I asked and James looked at me a little scared, "Holy shit, it's huge!"

"It's nothing," he smirked, "You should see my house in Whitby, not that's huge!" he laughed as I climbed out of the car and staring at his house in awe, "Would you like to come in and see the place?"

"I see," I laughed a little, "It was your plan all along to get me here," I smirked and James' eyes widened and he blushed.

"No-I ya- Um-"

"Relax, I'm playing," I said as I walked over towards him and placed my hand on his chest, "I'd like the grand tour though."

"All right."

-James-
'...She's in my home, oh man, she's here, she's actually here...' I was terrified and excited all at once. I unlocked my front door and let her in first. As I turned on the light Matilda ran right at her and tried to jump on her, "Whoa girl, wait!"

"You have a dog?" Caroling asked surprised and I nodded my head, "I never knew, she's cute."

"Yeah, couple months ago, me and some of the guys did something for the pet rescue and Nisky and I ended up rescuing two, they're actually sisters," I said and Caroline smiled and bent down to pet my little blue tick terrier.

"She's cute," Caroline laughed and I smiled.

Image

"You should see when they're together, god, you have to like bubble wrap the house," I laughed and headed for the kitchen hearing Caroline follow behind me. She looked around the house and I saw her looking at what very few pictures I had on the walls, "You like the place."

"Do you live here?" she asked and I looked at her confused, "There's no you in this place, it just looks like pages from a book."

"Eh, that's what happens when you own more than one home," I said and Caroline bent down to pet Matilda again.

"I'll show you a room where it's me," I said and she stood up and smiled, '...This is going good, but we need to hurry if we want to get to the rink...'

"All right," Caroline said and then stood up and followed me out of the kitchen and to the door in the hallway that led into the furnished basement, "Ok, that's a lot of you," she laughed and I smirked and watched her come down the stairs and look around the room, seeing the big flat screen TV, the mini bar, the video games, the pool table, the air hockey table, the ping pong table, "Definitely a guys room," she said and then saw the Penguins merchandise all over the room, "All right, I see you in this room," she giggled and I smirked.

"Yeah, took me a while, but I finally finished the room this past summer, this is where most of us hang out when we're here."

"We?"

"When the guys come over," I said and Caroline nodded her head and walked over towards the pool table and ran her fingers down the green material.

"I've always wanted a pool table," she muttered and I smirked and walked behind her.

"Wanna play a round?" I asked and she smiled towards me and nodded her head, '...We have time, right?...'

-Caroline-
"Ok, ok, one more round!" I laughed as James set up the balls, not liking the fact that I had beaten him three times.

"Whatever you say," I smiled and then said that this time I was going to break the balls.

"What the hell did you do? Go to pool table school?" he said as I got three stripes into three different pockets.

"Maybe," I giggled and squeezed past her, making sure that he felt my ass practically in his lap. I had bent over and shot the white ball towards a stripe that was next to the middle pocket, it was an easy shot, but I figured that I hurt James' ego enough and purposely missed it. I turned around and looked at him to see him smirking at me, "Your turn."

James walked over towards me and stood in front of me, I had taken my pumps off, so instead of being an inch or two shorter than him, I was now at his chin. James pressed his body on mine and looked down at me, "I saw that," he breathed and I was almost drunk on his hot breath on my face.

"Saw what?" I smirked.

"You did that on purpose," he said and I giggled and shook my head, "Yes you did."

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p' and smirking up towards James, "But if you want me to try again, I'll be sure not to miss the pocket."

"Forget the pocket," he breathed and then leaned down quickly and pressed his lips onto mine.

I was a little taken back, but soon found myself being lifted onto the pool table. My arms wrapped around James' neck and his hands were on my thighs. I moved my hands onto his neck and pressed my body into his, I was getting that feeling all over again, the same feeling James gave me yesterday when he kissed me in the studio, and then I kissed him on the sidewalk.

James' phone started to ring, he pulled away and muttered a curse and I smirked. James sighed and grabbed his phone, looked at the caller and then brought the phone to his ear, "Yeah, we're not going to make it."

"What?" I laughed when James threw the phone on the table and was about to kiss me again.

James sighed and then placed his hands on the table and leaned forward, obvious nervous to tell me something, "I had reserved the hockey rink so I could teach you how to skate," he said, looking down and I saw the blush on his face.

I smiled brightly and then cupped his face and made him look at me, "That's so cool!"

"But we missed the time and they're closing the rink down now," he sighed and I laughed.

"We missed the time because we were in an intense pool battle," I smiled and James' chuckled, "We'll go next time."

"So there is going to be a next time?" James smirked and I nodded my head.

"Definitely," I pressed my lips against his and he wrapped his arms around my waist and then pulled his head back.

"I like starting over," he muttered and I laughed and nodded my head, "I'm sorry I was an ass before."

"I didn't know you then," I said and he nodded his head, "I'd like to know you know."