Status: I will update a chapter a day! I promise! (sorta)

Resurrect the Sun

Ordinary Day

Juliet’s POV

“Hi welcome to Dairy Queen” I say while welcoming a customer. I write down the lady’s order and pass it to my friend Lily who is working in the kitchen. I glance down at my wrist watch now noticing my shift is over. “Hey Lily, works over!” I pick up my jacket and my purse and punch out my work card. Lily does the same and we both leave together.

I wave goodbye to her as she gets in her car and begins her drive home, today was so nice out, I decided just to walk back to me and my boyfriend Andy’s apartment. As I passed by the children’s park I saw out of the corner of my eye, a little boy being picked on by a bunch of other boys that looked older than him. I sighed thinking about all the pain from when I was younger, and when I was bullied as well. I couldn’t just stand by and watch this happen, so I walk/sprinted over to the young boy who looked about 7 who was now crying.

“What is going on here!” I demanded looking at the slightly older boys who were laughing a half second ago.

“We-we we were just… RUN GUYS!” the boys took off running in separate directions. I kneeled down to the little boy’s height and asked him in the gentlest voice I could, what was wrong.

He slowly lifted his head out of his hands as his sobbing started to subside, “T-they were making fun of my mommy.”

“Oh sweetie, it’s okay, where is your mommy, I’ll take you to her.”

“S-she’s… died.” And then he leaned forward into my open arms, and I held him in a hug while rubbing circles on his back.

“Then, who did you come here with?”

“My daddy.”

“Well where is he?” he lifted his little arm and pointing in the direction of two men talking at a picnic table. They both looked to be in their late 20s or early 30s.

I walked the little boy over and his father seemed worried.

“Hey buddy, what’s wrong?” he said while holding his sons shoulders.

I decided to chime in, “Some boys where picking on him by the slides.”

He hugged his son and told him to go get his backpack from off the swing set. The little boy nodded his head and did as he was told.

“Hey um… thanks for watching out for my boy. What’s your name by the way?”

“I’m Juliet. And really it was no big deal; I know what it’s like to be picked on so I just wanted to help.”

“Well I still appreciate it. Come on little Kevin, lets head home now.” The man called out to his son, so Kevin is his name. I’ll make a mental note of that.

Kevin ran over to his father’s side and waved goodbye to me before leaving the park. I waved back, someday, when me and Andy get married, I would really love to have kids.

By the time I got home, it was already past 4:00 o’clock, even though my shift at dairy queen ended at 1:30. I was late mostly because I was busy going to the grocery store and Pet Smart. At the grocery store I got some milk, a package of ground chicken and some apples. And at Pet Smart I got a few cans of cat food. I thought it would be a good idea to restock on Crow’s (Andy’s cat) food. At the checkout, I got a text, and guess who it was from? My sweet boyfriend that’s who!

Andy: Hey, didn’t work end a while ago?

Juliet: Yeah, but I had to stop at a few places.

Andy: Okay :)

Juliet: I love you; I’ll be home very soon.

Andy: I love you more babe!

Juliet: NO! I love you more!

Andy: Dragonfly, listen to me, it is highly impossible for you to love me more! I LOVE YOU WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING!

Juliet: OK, fine you win. See you home soon my little White Rabbit! ;)


I walked up to our apartment door, with two bags of groceries in my arms, I fumbled to get the key into the lock and to my dismay the keys slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor. I groaned because now I need to try and juggle these bags and bend down to pick up my keys.

“I’ll get those for you!” I heard a voice yell from in the hallways, I looked around to see a girl about my age jog up to where my keys were laying; she picked them up and handed them to me, while grabbing one of the bags out of my arms.

“Oh my gosh thank you so much.” I said gratefully as I unlocked the door. “Andy I’m home!”

“Where should I put this bag?” the girl asked me.

“You can put it in the kitchen or on that table over there.” She set the bag down on the kitchen counter as I did the same with my bag.

“Thank you again for the help.”

“Really it was no problem.” She said while gesturing her hands.

“Well, ummm… I have some homemade cookies in the kitchen, you’re welcome to get some if you’d like.”

“Hmmm… what type are they?”

“Oatmeal.”

“YAY MY FAVORITE!!!” she cheered with a huge smile on her face. I couldn’t help but laugh at her sudden outburst, never in my life have I seen someone get so excited over oatmeal cookies.

We both entered the kitchen again and we decided we’d both also get a tall glass of milk. We sat around the table talking for a while. I think Andy was in the shower, because the water was running and he didn’t seem to respond when I yelled that I was home.

“My name's Juliet, and you are?” I said before taking a sip of my ice cold milk.

“My name’s Lara, I just moved in, my apartment is right across the hall from yours.”

“Cool, we’re neighbors! It’s about time someone my age moved in this apartment building.” I gestured for her to lean in closer so I could whisper something in her ear. “Between us, I think this building is full of old, cranky, and mean residents.” She looked at me and we both started giggling in sync.

I heard the shower water turn off and heard the sound of Andy whistling a song, he walked into the kitchen with his eyes closed, and I was BEYOND shocked to see Andy was naked…

“Hola Andy…” I said while stifling a laugh. He shot open his eyes and looked in me and Lara’s direction, he quickly hid his lower half behind the corner and that’s when me and Lara lost it. We burst into laughter while Andy’s face turned a dark crimson red color.

“Hey… uh... What ummm.. When. Did.you.get.back?” he stuttered with obvious embarrassment.

“I came back while you were in the shower, Andy, may I ask WHY you’re not even wearing a towel?”

“Well I didn’t think anyone was here, so. Wait a minute, who’s she?” He said obviously pointing to my new friend Lara.

“This is Lara, she’s our new neighbor, she lives right across the hallway from us.”

“Hi.” She said with a friendly smile.

“Hey, you know what? I’m gonna go get dressed.” Andy said before disappearing behind the corner.

“Sooo, that Andy guy is CUTE!!!!” Lara said, wait, what?!

“Excuse me?” I said, hoping I misunderstood her.

“Is he like your brother or something? But most importantly, does he have a girlfriend???” She said eagerly. I do not like where this is going.

“Actually, yes he does have a girlfriend. Me.”

“OH. Sorry, I didn’t know. I just thought you two were friends or something…” the room was silent, until Lara got up from her seat at the table and began walking towards the door. “I honestly didn’t know, I’ll see you around Juliet.”

“Wait!” she froze with her hand on the doorknob and looked back at me. “It’s honestly okay, I understand. You don’t have to go.”

“Sorry, but I have to get back to my apartment to finish unpacking all my stuff.”

“Do you need any help?” I offered, I mean she did help me with my keys.

“Nah, I can handle it.” And with that she opened the door and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter to my first ever short/ish story. I've been wanting to upload the first chapter for a while now, but i decided to wait until i had at least one more chapter done. So if you guys like this then I'll upload the second chapter today, but if not then I'll wait until tomorrow.

~~✡Comment, Recommend, and Subscribe✡~~
✎ Love, IceCoolFashion ✎