Status: On going

Charmed: Next Generation

Prolouge

The smell of beer and sweat filled my nostrils as I walked through the sweaty graduation party that was being held at our house. My brother and I were both graduating high school and he decided to throw a party. Being a the school nerd, graduating at the age of 16 and skipping a couple of grades, I wasn’t really considered popular and didn’t really like all of these people in the my house. Not to mention Jack made me put a charm on every little thing in the entire house that could break, so I was overtired from using so much magic. Walking past a couple who were intending on sucking their faces dry I made my way to the kitchen, glad no one noticed me yet. The music was so loud that I’m glad we put a spell on the house to make it appear silent to the neighbors. On my way into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water before I headed back up to my hole in the attic I bumped into my very intoxicated brother. Lucky even when drunk he knew not use magic.

“Sis!!! Hey Ryan its my sister!” He slurred out. Ryan, his best friend since we were children, only laughed at his very drunk friend. “Hey! Its Claire! I’ve been meaning to to sleep with her all year. Ryan, my Goodman, I will definitely see you tomorrow morning.” Turning towards me he placed his hands on my shoulders. “Enjoy the party sis. This is just as much your graduation party as it is mine. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” He said at the end as he went over and started to flirt with Claire. Ryan turned his head towards me smiling at me. The narrow walkway made him a couple of inches away from me. My eyes looked everywhere that he wasn’t. I always had a small crush on Ryan ever since we were younger. He never picked on me even when all of the other jocks did. No one blatantly picked on me when my brother was around, because they knew that he would beat them to a bloody pulp. Example, the quarterback who called me a slut, ended up in the hospital for two weeks with several broken bones. No one dared to bully me until Jack left the room.

“So, enjoying the party?” Ryan asked. The sudden feeling that this conversation was turning awkward.

“No, not really. You know me, never really one to drink.” I said as I moved closer to the wall to let a couple of people through. “You?”

“I wasn’t really no. Watching your brother drink his body weight and hit on anything with legs isn’t really a very good time.” Letting another person go he motioned for us to leave the narrow space and go into the very open kitchen. People seemed to have cleared out of the way except for a couple people who were going in and out to smoke in the backyard. Walking over to the fridge I grabbed myself a water.

“Want one?” I asked. He shook his head no holding up the red plastic cup.

“So, what do you plan on doing this fall?” He asked leaning against the counter. I looked over at him and thought of a million things I would be doing. Destroying demons, casting spells, working on my orbing. None related to school though. Except the teaching position I was offered as the potions professor at the Magic School which Ryan still after so many years had no clue what they were.

“I’m not sure yet, maybe take some classes at the local college. I still have to help out here with Grace and everything.” I said mentioning my little sister. She also had a huge crush on Ryan as well. Unlike me, she was way more open to flirting with him in public. “You?”

“I got accepted to a college out in New York. So, I’m heading out there.” He said. My heart dropped just a little. I mean I wasn’t in love with him, but I really did like him.

“Thats great.” I said grabbing the water bottle off the counter. “I have to go do something. So enjoy the party.” I said smiling up at him as I walked out of the kitchen. It would be faster to orb up to the attic but not with all of these people watching. Walking by my brother who was now trying to get Claire to go up stairs with him and with all of the alcohol she had consumed she was bound to go up. Taking the steps two at a time I made my way back up to the second floor when I realized I needed a notebook in my room. Not bothering to close the door behind me I didn’t hear anyone come in. After finding the green journal it fell out of my hands when I turned to see Ryan standing in the doorway.

“You scared me.” I said sneered at him. He smiled at me as he walked into my room quickly and shut the door. I heard the sound of my lock turning. “What are you doing?” I asked taking a couple steps back. Finally he turned to towards me and walked over placing a hand on cheek.

“This.” He said crashing his lips down on mine. Shocking my system he pulled away before I even thought to kiss back. “I’ve been wanting to do that again ever since I stole a kiss from you on your fourteenth birthday.” He said smiling down at me. His hand still on my cheek.

“Really?” God I really didn’t know what to say. “I mean, it was only two years ago. You could have done it sooner.” I said as he leaned down and kissed me again. This time I had the decency to kiss back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pleaes comment, review, and tell me what you think!