Status: On going

Charmed: Next Generation

Chapter One

Four years Later

“I can not believe you!” Graces voice rang out through the manor. I heard a crash from down stairs. Running out of the attic I ran downstairs to find Grace yelling at Harper. “He was my boyfriend. Well now ex-boyfriend.” She sneered at her older sister. Harper rolled her eyes.

“Tyler was not your boyfriend. He was a demon. Which is now destroyed. You’ll be thanking me one day.” She retorted back as the lamp that she had thrown across the room towards the wall was always completely destroyed. Wheres Jack when you need him. He always settled their fights. I hated getting in the middle of them.

“Guys.” I said. No one was listening.

“Yeah, well today is not that day.” She yelled at her sister. “And don’t you dare throw another lamp at me!”

“I’m not going to throw anything at you! You big wimp.” Harper yelled back at her. Her temper was acting up. So was Graces teenage hormones.

“Who you calling wimp? Nag!”

“OH, now I”m a nag? Well your a cheerleader whore!” I heard the front door open and saw Jack waltz in.

“Who are you calling a whore?” She gasped.

“I’m calling you one! You just broke up with David a week ago. Than that dude before him, Mitch.” Harper started to list of names.

“Mark.” Jack and I both put in.

“Shut up!” The both said in unison. I rolled my eyes at them as I finished coming down the stairs. Thats when I saw him. He had was standing behind my brother since he walked in but between the fighting and where I was standing I didn’t notice him. Hes eyes connected with mine as I finally got down off the last stair.

“Ryan.” I said astonished that he was here. His face grew a smile as he was probably happy to see me after four years.

“Ry!” Grace yelled out. Her smile grew when she recognized him. She always had a huge crush on Ryan. Running over to him she jumped on him in a huge hug. “Did you miss me?” She asked in a very flirty way. Harper rolled her eyes at Jack pulled her off of Ryan.

“Down girl.” He said teasingly. “Yes girls, I found Ryan walking up to the house. And thats not all. He has a job at the local high school, as the History teacher.” Jack said wrapping his arm around his best friends shoulders.

“Yes I know. I’m the one who got the degree. And the job.” He said smiling at his friend. Harper walked over to him and wrapped him in a bear crushing hug.

“I’ve missed my little brother. Well the good one.” She said laughing at Jack who flashed a mock hurt look at her. Slightly hitting him in the arm he yelled ow at her. The tension between the two girls had seemed to be forgotten. Ryan's eyes finally settled back on me.

“Charlotte.” My name spoke through his lips. The last time I really heard my full name pass his lips was graduation night. Neither of us moved to touch. His smile fell a little. Harper knew why things seemed awkward so she but in right before Jack could question it.

“Well, are you hungry? Where are you staying?” Harper asked as she and Gracie were dragging Ryan by me. Hes eyes kept on me until he was dragged into the kitchen. Jack was standing next to me. Shaking his head.

“God I missed that boy.” Jack said wrapping his arm around my shoulders. “I see you had a very productive day. Didn’t you have school today?” He mentioned about my pajama pants.

“Nope today is Saturday. No school on Saturdays.” I said removing his hand from my shoulder and started to make my way back to the kitchen.

“Charlotte! Behind you!” Jacks voice yelled. I turned around just in time to see a fireball coming at me ducking in time. Everyone came running as I moved behind another chair. The demon turned around to throw another fireball at Jack who orbed behind the group.

“Charlotte!” Grace yelled as I stood up.

“Its my day off Asshole!” He proceeded to throw another fireball at me as Harper called for it and throwing it back at the demon. Him in returned dodged it just in time. Flicking my hands at him he exploded into thousands of little pieces in a fiery mess. “That was the third demon in the last two days to attack us head on!” I said turning to Jack. “Going to explain?”

“Charlotte, I think we have to talk to Ryan who just witnessed you explode a demon into a thousands of pieces.”

“So you guys get attacked often?” He asked calmly. All of us turned to him with our eyebrows raised. “Your considered the Charmed ones right?” He said again smiling at us. “Well except you dude.” Ryan patted Jack on the shoulder as he gave him this really blank stare.

“How do you know about magic? Or the fact that someone calls us the charmed ones?” Harper questioned getting defensive. Smiling up at them, he knew he was right about the last part.

“I was attacked in New York. One of the demons apparently said I would be useful to harm the charmed ones because I was close to them. Or whatever he meant by that. But the only group I’ve ever been really close to is you guys. You know the fire throwing demons.” He began to move around the group and walk over to the table where I was. Smiling at me like knew about magic in a different way. And of course he did. I knew exactly how he knew about magic. “So can I guess what “original” powers you have?” He asked all excited. Grace had on a giant smile like the time she got her first kiss on the fourth of July. Jack smiled looking at him approvingly. Harper looked at him spectacle.

“Okay, how do you know we all have powers?” She said raising her eyebrows at him. His cheeks were tinted with a little pink.

“I did a little research into your history. When I found out that you’re the grand kids of one of the original charmed ones. I ran into a leprechaun a while back who had dealt with your grandma Paige.”

“Great, more leprechauns.” Harper groaned. She was the one who dealt with them.

“I’m guessing, You Harper, are the one who can move things with her mind. Grace is the one who can see into the future, and Charlotte freezes and blows things up.” He said turning to me. I glared at him.

“Wow this is so exciting!” Grace yelled. “Someone outside of our family knows about us!” She had on the biggest smile.

“Of course! Ryan is the smartest out of all of us!” Jack said smiling at his best friend. “Except little miss genius over there.” Point to me. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Aren’t fine. I buy it.” Harper said her skepticism gone. “So Ryan where are you living?” She asked. The tension gone from the entire whole demon fiasco.

“Well, I’ve been staying at a hotel for the last two weeks. Trying to find an apartment is hard now a days.” He said.

“Oh, you can stay with us.” Jack said.

“What?” Ryan and I asked at the same time. Our voices both a little freaked. We connected eyes and then quickly looked away from each other.

“Ryan already knows about us. And its not like he has never stayed here before. Remember before we all went to college he used to spend every other night here.” Jack reasoned. Harper seemed to agree with Jack. Grace would love to have her first major crush under the same roof. I on the other hand, would be out voted.

“No really, I was just looking at an apartment earlier-” Ryan started.

“Nonsense, you're like family to us Ryan. You can stay here, don’t worry about it. We all want you to.” Jack said.

“Charlotte can even show you the guest room.” Harper insisted. I didn’t miss the evil glint that was in her eye.

“Sure, why not. As long as you three clean up the mess.” I said glaring at her. I started to walk out of the dining room and up the stairs. Ryan had followed me. We came to two doors, one on the left and the other on the right. The one on the right was my bedroom. The one on the left was the guest bedroom. Opening the door one the left, he entered first, and I followed. He looked around the room as long as it wasn’t at me. I wondered if he was remember the last time we in a room by ourselves.

“So, fire demon?” I questioned. Turning towards me he looked down at little. the corner of his mouth pulling into a slight smirk.

“Yes, well, would you want your brother to know, that I found out when you blew up half your desk and a lamp near my head when you-”

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence.” I cut him off. He looked back at me raised his eyebrows and walked over to me. I didn’t meet his eye.

“The moment I saw you, I wanted to steal another kiss. Like on your fourteenth birthday.”

“Graduation night.” I added. He pulled a piece of my brown hair back behind my ear.

“The day after. When I caught up with you in the attic to say goodbye.” His smirk turned into a smile. I grew a small smile. Placing his one hand on my chin he lifted my face and placed a small kiss on lips. It only lasted a couple of seconds but it was still one of those kisses that made you want more. I grabbed his hand and pulled it away from my face. I also took a step back.

“We can’t.”

“Why not?” He asked trying to get me to look at him.

“You left me.” I said turning on my heels and walking out of the room, and into my bedroom. I heard Ryan shut the door. After about half of a minute I heard Ryan sigh and went down the stairs. Then I couldn’t hold them in any longer. The tears of remembering how he had said goodbye, like it did not pain him at all to leave me. I felt my heart start to break again.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, review, please tell me what you think!